Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work clothes

Options
  • 06-03-2019 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭

I work in administration, so I am in an office all day. I don't think i've updated my work wardrobe in quite some time, apart from buying the odd jumper/top every few years and using old clothes that I used to wear outside of work. I want to buy a new wardrobe basically that will last me a while and is stylish without being overdressed, because it's not exactly a formal office setting. However, seeing as I spend a lot of my time in work I want to wear clothes that look well as I like to make an effort with my appearance.

Can anyone recommend the best places for work clothes that aren't over the top expensive? I wouldn't mind buying some casual dresses also that I can wear with tights and flats but I can never seem to find something suitable - I don't want very loud colours. I suppose I'd mainly be wearing pants and jumper/top with comfortable but stylish shoes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I can't - but it might help you to plan if you look into Capsule wardrobes for work wear, it would help you plan on items that are versatile and work well together!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think Arket is brilliant for basics if you don't mind ordering online. At a lower price point I like Uniqlo fine merino jumpers. I don't know about their regular office wear, the enthusiasm for elasticated waists puts me off but their collaborations can be interesting.

Mango is another of my go to brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I work in an office. My go-to places for work clothes are Zara and Next, particularly when the sales are on. I also find Oasis and Savida in Dunnes Stores good for work clothes. H&M can be ok too - but I find the fit and quality can be hit or miss. Don't rule out Penney's or Tescos either.

I usually wear suit trousers or lately tapered leg trousers. On the top I usually wear a smart jumper, or a top with a cardigan over. Most of my work tops are one's I could wear with a pair of jeans outside of work. I don't really bother wearing blouses or shirts. I have one or two jackets/ blazers for throwing on if I need to look a bit more professional, even through over a more casual outfit smartens it up a bit.

Advertisement