Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sculpt a bust -what materials

• 27-01-2019 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Have sketched faces for years but always had yearning to sculpt a bust. Bought some clay last year to try out but my hands are tiny and weak so found it really hard to use. Want to buy a material that's a football size, cheap, really pliable and doesn't harden as want to be able to reuse. Is there anything out there? A big tub of white plasticine?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Drop johnny and e mail, he will point you in the right direction

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107738143#post107738143

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Checked out Johnny's Facebook page.Would love to be able do stuff like that. Did you contact him yourself? Is he really open to advising total stranger ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd say there's no harm in asking, worst case scenario he'll say no. You could send him a PM through Boards and take it from there.

New Home wrote:
    I'd say there's no harm in asking, worst case scenario he'll say no. You could send him a PM through Boards and take it from there.

What's his username? Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Apologies, I'm an idiot. I thought that was Kadman's own work.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote:
    Apologies, I'm an idiot. I thought that was Kadman's own work.

I thought same first

Sorry for the confusion, I,ll clear that up for you.:)

Johnny is my son, and he works in this field for the film and television industry.

Yes he is quite happy about giving advice, and one to one tuition in some cases.

He has also taught classes in this area for educational establishments between

film and TV work. And he doesn,t bite, unlike pops:eek::D

Send me a pm and your e mail, and I,ll get the details and questions sent on to him.

Kadman

Meant to say, he is based in Wicklow if you are looking for one to one tuition,

and unlike the stars he works with , you wont have to sell a kidney for a lesson,

he lives in the real world like us all.;)

Advertisement