Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loads of musicians wanted for prog rock / classical band

• 13-02-2019 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm holding auditions for people to join a new Dublin based prog rock band with classical influences. All the songs are fully composed and most of them are programmed in midi format, so you can have a listen. I have a lot of influences. Dunno if its comparable.

Here's my background

32 years old
    10 years playing in a comedy-centric alternative rock band in Dublin called Noise Machine
    4 years playing in a wedding band called The Ghostbusters 80s Tribute
    About 200 gigs in all
    2 Professional recording sessions with sound engineers
    Creative Digital Media degree
    Music Production / Sound Engineering certificate
    FAS Business Enterprise Starting cert
    17 years playing the guitar
    17 years composing music
    13 years programming midis

Looking to fill the following positions with like minded people (I'll be playing lead guitar)

Male Lead Vocals
    Female Backing Vocals x 3
    Electric Guitar
    Bass Guitar
    Keyboard
    Drums
    Violin x 2
    Cello
    Saxophone
    Trumpet
    Trombone
    Flute

I have a website with the midis so you can have a listen. I wanna record them with real instruments soon enough. I can't post a website address, but you can find the page by typing "ian jj bandcamp" into google and clicking the first link. Most of the tracks are listed below in order of strength. More will be added soon and then I'm gonna whittle them down into an hour long set.

the-first-left-calf
    the-morpheus-song
    feel-like-i-do
    you-dont-knead-armour-when-youve-got-nothing-to-protect
    white-light-in-the-sky
    i-have-to-fight
    balloon-whale-gardening-on-the-moon
    in-the-beginning-of-the-middle
    ancient-meadows
    the-lord-of-mars-ep
    good-news
    the-champ