Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Update to 2019 FEI Rules

• 29-11-2018 6:54pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests, the update to the 2019 FEI rules have been released.

One of the wider changes is the alteration to the star system, with a CCI5* being introduced at the highest level. There will also be 2 sections to each of the CCI 2, 3 and 4 star, (short and long) with a new introductory level (CCI 1*) being introduced at 1.05m.

Some changes have also been made to whip and blood rules. That these changes are deemed necessary is quite shocking for me - there's a lot to be said for the introduction of more regulated whips and to look at the use of bits. And then, on top of that, the level of horsemanship. I don't think I've ever caused a horse's mouth or tongue to bleed, and I've ridden a lot of pullers on the gallops in my day.

And then there are the flag rules, and it's nice to see that the prize fund being increased.

More information can be found on Horse & Hound.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I like the changes to CCI levels and having it all CCI, rather than CIC and CCI.

As for the blood rule change, I can kinda see why they've brought it in (the amount of bother it has caused), but I've always agreed with the current blood rule. Horse riding gets enough stick from the animal rights loons without giving them something more valid to grab onto. PETA are on a high with their win in banning greyhound racing in Florida. They're going after sled dogs next, but they will focus on horses at some stage.

Advertisement