Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lars Mittank Disappearance

• 08-10-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

I’m not sure if this belongs in true crime or mysteries....

On June 30, 2014, 28-year-old Lars Mittank traveled to the seaside resort of Golden Sands, Bulgaria to spend a few days relaxing with a group of friends.[4][5] On July 6, 2014, Mittank got into a fight with four other men after a disagreement over football: Mittank, a fan of the football club Werder Bremen, had differences with fans of Bayern Munich. The fight resulted in Mittank suffering from a ruptured ear drum. At the end of his trip, due to the ruptured ear drum, a doctor advised him not to fly and prescribed an antibiotic named Cefuroxime (500 mg) and later referred him to a hospital. His friends wanted to stay with him, but Mittank insisted he was fine on his own.

Mittank stayed in Bulgaria without his friends and checked into a cheap hotel. However, a day after his friends left, Mittank began to act oddly, and his erratic behavior was recorded by the hotel's security cameras. He spent only one night in the hotel but he was paranoid and frightened. Mittank sent a text message to his mother stating that he did not feel safe, that she should cancel his credit card and that he was hiding from four men who were supposedly following him and asked him where some pills were. Mittank was last seen in Varna Airport, the airport that serves Golden Sands in the nearby city of Varna. He was captured by airport security cameras running away. Once outside the airport, he was seen climbing a fence, running into a meadow and disappearing into the woods. He has not been seen since.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm going down the rabbit hole on this one!
    There have been a few 'sightings' so far. It's interesting that he was texting his mother right up until the moment he ran.

Was there anything unusual found in his luggage? I see one theory about him being forced to being a drug mule and that's why he fled the doctors office.
    Maybe he had something internally that popped and took effect and made him panic and run. But probably doesn't account for him not turning up anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I'm going down the rabbit hole on this one!

His behaviour reminds me of the two Swedish girls from a few years ago

NSFW OR SQUEMISH PEOPLE

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

His behaviour reminds me of the two Swedish girls from a few years ago

NSFW OR SQUEMISH PEOPLE

Shocking stuff!
    Never heard of this one before. Will look it up for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Shocking stuff!
    Never heard of this one before. Will look it up for sure.

After what they did after being released from hospital is also shocking.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

After what they did after being released from hospital is also shocking.

Think I've found them!
    Ursula Eriksson and Sabina Eriksson, will google them later, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement