Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

1838485868789»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Hi folks, details of the Dublin Pubstomp for TI6 finals are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1110537552333388/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Take my energy synderwin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭ Franklin Dead Sink

Wow, the Execration (XctN) vs compLexity Gaming (coL) was amazing to watch. Abed on Meepo was a flurry of death and destruction.

Did anyone watch the EG vs EHOME game? That was an amazing comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Monkey King hero remake perhaps?

Success! And Pitlord next week. Good times.

TI6 was brilliant, love this patch even though I haven't been playing much more watching games. DC really should have banned Void after game 2 in the finals. What a great run they had, they must have been wrecked going into their 10th hour of DOTA that day.

Hopefully there will be only minor nerfs to the "top tier" hero picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just had a 1 hour 20 minute game that was extremely even throughout and came down to ratting from Drow (me) and Invoker vs a Anti Mage, Sniper combo on the other team. They got mega creeps and we had two lanes of rax gone, both mid towers gone. Managed to survive a 5 v 5 at our ancient with 3 lanes of megas coming in and no mid towers, to go down and destroy their ancient from full health with 4 of their heroes trying to kill us. Satanic basically saved me and allowed me to get the extra few hits to take the ancient.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Installed a fresh win10....what's the boards.ie teamspeak IP again does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Guys, it sucks being at <1000 MMR -_- anyone else in my boat? I calibrated the moment it was available and I wasn't very good, and I got put in at 400 or something like that, dipped to 270, climbed slowly to 850, and then had a slew of bad games and back to 600... It's really hard playing with players who may not always have the same attitudes or manners as you may! I'm a lot better than I was but still learning so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

J_E wrote: »
    Guys, it sucks being at <1000 MMR -_- anyone else in my boat? I calibrated the moment it was available and I wasn't very good, and I got put in at 400 or something like that, dipped to 270, climbed slowly to 850, and then had a slew of bad games and back to 600... It's really hard playing with players who may not always have the same attitudes or manners as you may! I'm a lot better than I was but still learning so much...

Some thoughts;

1. You can re-calibrate using the International ranked system.

2. The players with bad manners go all the way up to 4k.

3. If you are a 2/3k player in 600mmr matches you should raise very quickly. The closer you get to your skill level the nearer you will be to 50% win rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I excel at feeding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kunkka wrote: »
    I excel at feeding.

Gold medal for you.

Prediction: LFY to win TI7.

Heart broken that Team Secret was unable to beat Team Liquid. They dominated in the early game but were unable to follow through with it to victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Some great games so far. LFY for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'm not going to be able to catch the final live. Is there a way I can get the games afterwards without knowing how many games it went to or what score it was. I'd love to go in fresh to 1 video/stream and not have anything spoiled?

Advertisement