Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SIM card/Internet usage

• 16-04-2019 12:06pm

I am having a nightmare with Three, I'm a prepay customer and recently my SIM card became damaged so I had to get a new one. It should've been a simple activation process but it's been a nightmare. I've tried about 10 times to active this SIM, online, over the phone, in store, and every single time it's rejected. I receive an email to say the information I provided does not match what's on their system. Every person I talk to in Three gives me a different reason. The latest is that I'm not registered on their system and it will take a few days for this to update. (I am registered, this made no sense to me.)

It's been over a week now and I've gotten nowhere, when I ring they tell me to go into a shop, when I go into a shop they tell me to go online or to ring.

So now the only option left is to leave Three and go to a new network which I'm incredibly annoyed about as Three offer the best deals.

I was looking at Eir and they offer a deal of 20GB a month internet, but as I'm so used to unlimited internet I have no idea if this is good or not. I know it depends on your own internet usage but I wondered if anyone here has this deal and finds it lasts the month? Or if 20GB would be enough?

Alternatively if anyone has any advice on my SIM card activation issue, that would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Virgin Mobile - €25 a month unlimited calls, texts and data. Plus one or more months free for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

aoh wrote: »
    Virgin Mobile - €25 a month unlimited calls, texts and data. Plus one or more months free for new customers.

.....and porting to a completely new network is going to be easier how?

Jeez - I miss Three on here. 90% of the time, contacting them here would resolve the problem without having to go into their shops or (shudder) call them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

FanadMan wrote: »
    .....and porting to a completely new network is going to be easier how?(
    So now the only option left is to leave Three

So the OP has already said he wants to move network so I merely suggested one that has unlimited data.

Advertisement