Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It says:
    FREE UK Delivery on all orders
    Does this cover us?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It says:

Does this cover us?

They just charged my account 18.75 euro so yes delivery included

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Men fought and died so that Zavvi could charge us for delivery! How dare you, sir. How dare you!

Love getting a bargain me ;)

Has anyone seen price listings for ps4 games?? 85-90 euro??? WTF no thank you... Wii u all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Has anyone seen price listings for ps4 games?? 85-90 euro??? WTF no thank you... Wii u all the way

Ah, I'm sure they'll come down before release. I'd expect around €70 at release and for the 1st while and eventually they'll settle around the level of today's prices. It happens every generation. I'm pretty sure Gears of War was €70 when it came out, as an example.

Not that I plan on getting 1 initially. I'll wait a year or 2 and then decide.

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Ah, I'm sure they'll come down before release. I'd expect around €70 at release and for the 1st while and eventually they'll settle around the level of today's prices. It happens every generation. I'm pretty sure Gears of War was €70 when it came out, as an example.

Not that I plan on getting 1 initially. I'll wait a year or 2 and then decide.
    Nah ms and Sony can piss off PC build is the way I'm gonna go

I'm actually thinking of the same thing atm to be honest. I might get a PS4 later (when it's cheaper 3 or 4 years down the line) for the exclusives, depending on what's built up by then. I can't see myself getting an Xbox though, there's just nothing that I'd miss too much. I enjoy Halo but if I go for the PC the multiplayer shooter choice and quality is massive. I'd probably just go for Battlefield or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

You know you'll still probably have to use Windows, right?

Deano7788 wrote: »

Ah, I'm sure they'll come down before release. I'd expect around €70 at release and for the 1st while and eventually they'll settle around the level of today's prices. It happens every generation
    This is the first time a console has launched into such an uncompetitive environment - no game, no HMV, no zavvi/virgin, currys/pc world have ditched their games stock, the hut own most etailers that aren't Amazon.... Not to mention that the launch price is high, unlikely to fall in the first year and the recession is still biting deep. Prices come down because someone starts undercutting. And that happens when you have a lot of suppliers, a large market and plenty of spending money floating around

Banjo wrote: »
    This is the first time a console has launched into such an uncompetitive environment - no game, no HMV, no zavvi/virgin, currys/pc world have ditched their games stock, the hut own most etailers that aren't Amazon.... Not to mention that the launch price is high, unlikely to fall in the first year and the recession is still biting deep. Prices come down because someone starts undercutting. And that happens when you have a lot of suppliers, a large market and plenty of spending money floating around

Hmm, that is a very good point. It will be interesting to see what happens. Whether or not the Xbox has the speculated drm will also play a part (it would reduce the ability to undercut price). Another factor could be the digital shops. At the moment they're ridiculous but Sony have shown signs of heading in the right direction with the Vita. Interesting times ahead (although I'm now leaning even more towards the PC route)

• Advertisement

Not exactly a bargain, but nevertheless a decent purchase for WiiU - triple your controller battery life :
    http://m.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=4030&q=1490056

Yes, I shamelessly nicked it from hukd ;)

Currys and PC world have wii u pro controllers for 22.99 limited stocks...

ENJOY FELLOW NINTY HEADS

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/disney-s-epic-mickey-the-power-of-2/10615919.html

dunno about this game but a great price lads and lasses...

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/disney-s-epic-mickey-the-power-of-2/10615919.html

Apparently it plays much better on Wii though, as the Wii U version you can only play Mickey on the pad, and Oswald on the wii remote. The opposite would make much more sense!

Apparently it plays much better on Wii though, as the Wii U version you can only play Mickey on the pad, and Oswald on the wii remote. The opposite would make much more sense!

If that doesn't float your boat BOOM

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/20429723/Batman-Arkham-City-Armored-Edition/Product.html?searchstring=&searchtype=&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212%7b652362%2c652363%2c542389%2c640978%2c649780%2c652023%2c652215%2c640974%7d%2bc%7b362%7d%2bc%7b10066%7d%2b&urlrefer=search

Arkham city for 25 delivered

I already have it on both PS3 and PC... I'd lent my PS3 edition to a mate, and the PC version was uber cheap in the steam sale... :pac:

Here's one I'm considering though:
    Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing: Transformed - €20.74
    Tried the demo, and it's not bad! It controls pretty nicely with the Control Pad Pro. (Which I'm really liking the feel of)
    For those of you that have it, with local multi-player, can you play with one player on the game pad, one on the TV, or does it force splitscreen?

For those that missed the Zavvi deal, Asda have dropped the Nintendoland bundle down to £249.

http://direct.asda.com/Nintendo-Wii-U-32GB-Console-%28Black%29-%28Premium-Pack%29-Nintendo-Land/003774372,default,pd.html

I don't think they'll deliver that to a store for collection, and I don't think they extended their deliveries to the republic beyond trial so you'd have to chance Parcel Motel.

Not Zavvi-good but still a damn site better than the 400 quid Smyths'll charge you for a bricks n mortar sale. Also, it's one more facet of the Hut Group that's dropping the price, Amazon can't hold out forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cool! May pick one up this Saturday when I'm in Strabane.

Not sure that price is instore but God speed!

More Arkham City bonanza business
    http://www.dvd.co.uk/buy/catbatcitywiiu/batman-arkham-city-armored-edition-wii-u.htm

They deliver here but no idea what they charge. £16.99 is the asking price

just paid 22 delivered for sonic racing game from www.amazon.co.uk i have to admit it really does loo like fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For those that missed the Zavvi deal, Asda have dropped the Nintendoland bundle down to £249.

http://direct.asda.com/Nintendo-Wii-U-32GB-Console-%28Black%29-%28Premium-Pack%29-Nintendo-Land/003774372,default,pd.html

I don't think they'll deliver that to a store for collection, and I don't think they extended their deliveries to the republic beyond trial so you'd have to chance Parcel Motel.

Not Zavvi-good but still a damn site better than the 400 quid Smyths'll charge you for a bricks n mortar sale. Also, it's one more facet of the Hut Group that's dropping the price, Amazon can't hold out forever...

I see asda also have a bundle of Premium with Nintendoland and New Super Mario U for £265

Here

So considering the cost of Mario, this would work out about the same price as Zavi's offer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see asda also have a bundle of Premium with Nintendoland and New Super Mario U for £265

Here

So considering the cost of Mario, this would work out about the same price as Zavi's offer

Great price with mario u

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/assassin-s-creed-3-wii-u/10481351.html

Just seen this assassins creed 3 for 28 delivered

Tank tank tank! Down to £16.99 on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cart/view.html/ref=ox_sc_imb_title?ie=UTF8&dc=stp&page=1&type=saved#saved-SUMUIM5MMWCP2
    Last price was sub-25 and its not showing as a discounted price so delivery will cost...

Yes, I know you can just download it for free and buy 1 dlc add-on to get the full game, but... Uh... This comes with a fetching blue DVD case, tres excluseeev

Tank tank tank! Down to £16.99 on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cart/view.html/ref=ox_sc_imb_title?ie=UTF8&dc=stp&page=1&type=saved#saved-SUMUIM5MMWCP2
    Last price was sub-25 and its not showing as a discounted price so delivery will cost...

Yes, I know you can just download it for free and buy 1 dlc add-on to get the full game, but... Uh... This comes with a fetching blue DVD case, tres excluseeev

Tank tank tank is free on eshop well limited access and you can buy dulcet to unlock game for few euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I think I was the only person in the universe to give it a good review. I thought it was good fun, if a bit technically blighted in places

Here's one I'm considering though:
    Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing: Transformed - €20.74
    Tried the demo, and it's not bad! It controls pretty nicely with the Control Pad Pro. (Which I'm really liking the feel of)
    For those of you that have it, with local multi-player, can you play with one player on the game pad, one on the TV, or does it force splitscreen?

Absolute must have. Better than any MK game since Double Dash

You can play one on the pad, one on the TV (or one on the pad, several on the TV I think - we've never done more than 2 player in the office locally though... which is pretty bloody odd now that I think of it given how often it's played)

Pay no heed to those. RRP is the same as it is on the current gen, and you'll see the same discounts offered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Tank tank tank is free on eshop well limited access and you can buy dulcet to unlock game for few euro

Yeah I got it for free & then got a €2 DLC addon, the campaign mode remains locked until purchase though

• Advertisement

Nintendoland 32gb bundle has dropped to £250 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008B5YB4W/ref=ox_sc_sfl_image_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I knew leaving that in my basket would pay off one day. Asda may still have a better deal on but at least with Amazon you won't have all that messing with addresses

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement