Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Mandalorian

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Vicxas wrote: »
    Possibly, if so we've come full circle :D

I could be completely wrong I just remember hearing it was inspired by han having adventures smuggling. Could be completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Firefly was similar.

Western in Space following a big war. Firefly team were on the losing side though.

There's probably an unending debate as to which side The Mandalorians were on but either way, their population was decimated from what I know. The honour code they follow looks like it will slow down their repopulation for ages.

I'd guess there's plenty of stuff from before both Firefly and The Mandalorian which probably influenced both. Not just the Western arena but Space Western and SciFi.

Slydice wrote: »
    Firefly was similar.

Western in Space following a big war. Firefly team were on the losing side though.

There's probably an unending debate as to which side The Mandalorians were on but either way, their population was decimated from what I know. The honour code they follow looks like it will slow down their repopulation for ages.

I'd guess there's plenty of stuff from before both Firefly and The Mandalorian which probably influenced both. Not just the Western arena but Space Western and SciFi.

You might like my what if In th other thread.

Not sure I want to go into spoiler protected text in a thread already marked with a spoilers warning.

Not sure I want to go into spoiler protected text in a thread already marked with a spoilers warning.

Just a dumb theory about ahsoka. No spoilers. Just tagged it cos someone got sensitive. About casting we already know. Eye roll.
    There’s really no spoiler in it .

• Advertisement

Sounds spoilery alright. Make a spoiler thread. Give people the choice.

They wont get this or care in the other thread but Favreau voiced Pre Vizla in clone wars. Now he’s acted and voiced Paz Vizla in the Mandalorian

We’re gonna get siege of mandalore in the new clone wars but this is a mad deep cut. Where they going with this? Tie in? Look like it.

https://twitter.com/fanthatracks/status/1198081767183409153?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

New episode is very good.

Also. The baby Yoda is KILLING me. I'd buy a toy one... Which is I'm guessing, the plan

Also. The baby Yoda is KILLING me. I'd buy a toy one... Which is I'm guessing, the plan

If they make one that’s intelligent like the bb8 sphero droid where it learns the room and just wanders around it would be awesome.

They're getting good with the emotions on his face. At the end though, it felt like they could've done better with how sad Baby Yoda was.

• Advertisement

D'awwe.. I mean I thought for a second they might have been trying a connection but no...

497005.jpg

497006.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Another hit of an episode.

Did you notice the cube from portal?

And also...

Was that Bobba Fett somehow?

Let us all hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

D'awwe.. I mean I thought for a second they might have been trying a connection but no...

497005.jpg

497006.jpg

More like Luke's when on both
    497037.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The entire series was worth it just for the opening scene of the last episode

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Finally watched the whole series having given up after 2 episodes. It definitely improved but story and narrative was non existent in many episodes. I didn't change my view on Pedro Pascal from what I first thought. He's a good actor but he can't act behind the mask. I had no connection to him for the whole series.

Baby Yoda is a stupid character though, everyone knows it but no one will admit it because of the cute factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭El Duda

Really enjoyed this. The best Star Wars related thing since Return of the Jedi imo. Loved the 70's aesthetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Hrmmm... feels like a big ask to get Rosario Dawson to do a voice the likes of Ashley Ecksteins

Has the ominous feeling of asking Oscar Isaac to try and do the Apocalypse voice!

but shur.. let's see how they do

Hrmmm... feels like a big ask to get Rosario Dawson to do a voice the likes of Ashley Ecksteins

Has the ominous feeling of asking Oscar Isaac to try and do the Apocalypse voice!

but shur.. let's see how they do

Looks to be confirmed now. Variety have it. I doubt anyone will care about the voice too much apart from the huge Ahsoka cohort but it’s not like they won’t watch it.

This is huge though. She knew yoda so I’m wondering will he hand over the child to her even to train? Also sets up massive Potential for her to be in the obi wan series.
    Delighted it happening anyways

Runaways wrote: »
    apart from the huge Ahsoka cohort but it’s not like they won’t watch it

oof! touché! :D

• Advertisement

oof! touché! :D

Ah no offense meant. They’re already complaining cos it’s not the lady voices her on the show playing her live action. I’ve seen her pic. No way could she be live action Ahsoka.
    Dawson is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

The mandalorian is set after Return of the jedi, right?
    so Ahsoka survived?

It's.. eh.. complicated... but yes.

The animated shows The Clones Wars and Rebels would be good recommendations to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems the latest rumours are that this will be a backdoor pilot for her own series.
    Or maybe that's just people theorising about comments made about possible Mandolorian spinoffs

https://www.slashfilm.com/rosario-dawson-ahsoka-mandalorian/
    last month during the Walt Disney Company’s Fiscal First Quarter 2020 Financial Results Conference Call, then-CEO Bob Iger mentioned that “The Mandalorian season 2 coming in October, and then more coming from The Mandalorian thereafter, including the possibility of – infusing it with more characters and the possibility of taking those characters in their own direction in terms of series.”

CastorTroy wrote: »
    rumours are that this will be a backdoor pilot for her own series

I would find that acceptable :)

In other news..

Grace doesn't watch the Star Wars animated shows from what I know... but she definitely has contacts inside Disney/Marvel.

She also heard that Ezra will be cast.

She hasn't heard anything about Sabine but does point out that Sabine is Mandalorian. You can tell she doesn't watch the animated shows cos she didn't make a point out of what a big deal Sabine and the Dark Sabre are. Just that Sabine gave it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

In other news..

Grace doesn't watch the Star Wars animated shows from what I know... but she definitely has contacts inside Disney/Marvel.

She hasn't heard anything about Sabine but does point out that Sabine is Mandalorian. You can tell she doesn't watch the animated shows cos she didn't make a point out of what a big deal Sabine and the Dark Sabre are. Just that Sabine gave it away.

Just from where they left it off in Rebels I'd say Sabine would have been more likely than Ezra if they were to do any of that.

In other news..

I can’t see Ezra fitting into the Mandalorian.
    They have the Ahsoka and Sabine animated series coming this autumn so it might cross over but Ezra? His whole character is just so I dunno. Childish. And intentionally. I get that. Don’t see how that would work in this series. But who knows

** he’s also endlessly annoying but it’s a character written for kids as a vehicle or entry point into the story so let them try it

Apparently Grace Randolph was the one who made up one of the rumors about kennedy getting fired. ‘She's Fandom Menace and a fraud who knows nothing and consistently wrong about everything.’ But hey. Anything for clicks on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

The mandalorian is set after Return of the jedi, right?
    so Ahsoka survived?

She might have. Rebels leaves that unclear.

I’m expecting the flashbacks to reveal a Jedi saved the Mando from the Super Battle Droid and though it was going to be Kenobi but if they are bringing Ashoka to live action then it could be her that saves him and she might only appear in his past, not the present day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Will we get an explanation of the tracking fobs in an upcoming episode?

They make no sense to me - if there is a gadget for tracking fugitives then bounty hunting requires no hunting or searching.

Looking forward to learning more about the Way. I don’t recall it being mentioned in TCW or Rebels and loads of Mandalorians have been shown with the helmet led off - so is a new thing to their culture, a religion that we haven’t been told about before or are these guys outcast from Mandalorian society. One of the covert is from House Vizla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

New season, first new spoiler.
    I didnt cop that was meant to be Bobba Fett's armour until a couple of mins in. Im getting rusty

Advertisement