Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken tv screen- can they be swapped from tv to tv

• 29-01-2021 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hi I have an LG tv model 42lb580v

It is not turning on , replaced backlights but still no picture

I was wondering could i buy any other specific model from LG with a 42 inch screen that was cracked and put the screen from my LG into it

Is there a way of finding which other models of LG my screen would work on

Would it work

Or would i need to find an exact model 42lb580v that i could transfer my screen to

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Possibly need an identical one as upgrades might differ

Have you done a google search for faults for other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭skydish79

greasepalm wrote: »
    Possibly need an identical one as upgrades might differ

Have you done a google search for faults for other things.

Yeah did a google but after spending money on backlights and they not fixing the issue

I thought the next best would be to get one with a cracked screen and just pop my screen into it

Just wondering what other models would use the same screen as I have

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Too many issues with lg as kept away from them,if you get a screen and that does not work what next.Not too sure if diagnostics could be run.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭skydish79

sugarman wrote: »
    Could even be your panel thats faulty.

Is it really worth the hassle with the price of TVs these days?

Was more a project to see if it was possible

Pick up a cheap cracked lg screen tv for 60 euro or so and pop my screen into it

Just wondering if certain models used the same screen as the Lg42lb580v so I could start my hunt

Advertisement