Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

snaps wrote: »
    I've watched most of cyfras hd games with radio delayed 5 live. the man city game tonight was fantastic quality picture

Ive bit the bullet & bought Sky Italia - absolutely amazing picture quality, english audio & so much football - the best package Ive ever had but a running mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Ive bit the bullet & bought Sky Italia - absolutely amazing picture quality, english audio & so much football - the best package Ive ever had but a running mile.

Did you get the HD package and if yes how much did it cost you?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

I had Digitalb last year and thought the picture quality was not great but it sounds like they have improved. Last night the Art picture was a lot better than at the weekend. I can live with getting the commentary from Radio 5 and adding a delay.
    I think Cyfra+ just show the big matches. Nova Czech does appear to have much more coverage but I think it would be more expensive and harder to find a seller.
    Some of the other packages like Sky It / Canal Scanda look fabulous but I would find it hard to justify the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

ART picture was ok last night.

How do I delay Radio 5 live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Pal wrote: »
    ART picture was ok last night.

How do I delay Radio 5 live ?

Check out the offical cards in stbs thread.

Basically you need a 2nd satellite feed from 28east to sat receiver. Then output that into a laptop running a small free programme called radio delay. Set the delay to sync up to the picture. Output the laptop audio to an amp or just use the laptops speakers. Voila job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

You win the lottery bud? I would say a Sky Italia sub would be as nearly the same as a Irish Sky sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Sky Italia is the way to go. It looks like the best overall package out there please keep us updated.

snaps wrote: »
    You win the lottery bud? I would say a Sky Italia sub would be as nearly the same as a Irish Sky sub?

Official Sky Italia prices from August 1st:

2 mixes (+ news) - €19.90 per month
    3 mixes (+ news) - €24.90 per month
    Mondo Sky (all 5 mixes) - €29.90 per month

Mondo + Cinema - €43 per month
    Mondo + Sport - €43 per month
    Mondo + Calcio - €43 per month

Mondo + Cinema + Sport - €56 per month
    Mondo + Cinema + Calcio - €56 per month
    Mondo + Sport + Calcio - €56 per month
    Mondo + Cinema + Sport + Calcio - €69 per month

These prices are all in euro and include VAT. There is no monthly fee for the HD channels.

redout wrote: »
    Sky Italia is the way to go. It looks like the best overall package out there please keep us updated.

Are you interested and if so what package?

denis1501 wrote: »
    Are you interested and if so what package?

Yes I am interested in the football package.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sky Italia is indeed as expensive as Sky here, with Mondo+Calcio+Sport being 56eur.

Still, you get a damn sight more football for that 56eur, I guess! Unlike here, where you'd have to get Sky as well as ESPN (maybe Setanta for 3pm game), and still be missing out on games. Good value in that respect.

However, many resellers are looking ridiculous money for a subscription.

I might give it more consideration for next season.

do you need an Italian Sky box or can you just stick the card in a Technomate ?

byte

Pal wrote: »
    do you need an Italian Sky box or can you just stick the card in a Technomate ?
    You need the Sky Italia STB, as far as I know. While the card might? work in various cardslots, it'd still need to go into the Sky box for key updates and the like, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

Would I be able to use a digitalb card or an ART card in the below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180374397333&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

No that is a freesat box. Google something like technomate or dreambox instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

Whats the best value box out there at the monent ,do they come in HD?

Probably a silly question but could I pick up free sat with the likes of technomate or dreambox ?

Barr wrote: »

could I pick up free sat with the likes of technomate or dreambox ?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

Can anyone confirm that Digitalb Supersport show EPL Saturday 5.30pm games. Cannot see any matches for next Sat at 5.30pm on liveonsat.com. What other EPL matches would I get with this package.
    cheers

mayto wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that Digitalb Supersport show EPL Saturday 5.30pm games. Cannot see any matches for next Sat at 5.30pm on liveonsat.com. What other EPL matches would I get with this package.
    cheers

They usually show them. Also the early saturday game and sunday 3pm games on occasions. The have no saturday 3pm games and have not showed most sunday 4pm supersunday games. They usually show the monday night game and suppose to show mid-week games although there have been none as of yet. They advertised 240 games around the start of the season but its a lie. I reckon they will be closer to 140.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Hi, a few questions for ya if you don't mind?
    How many of the Premier League matches shown on Sky Italia don't have English commentary? Is it just one of the Sat 3pms that has been reported in the past or is there more?
    Do you know anything about the HD package? Do the HD channels have English commentary also?
    Reason i'm asking so many questions is that I found a great deal on ebay for 14 months Sky Italia sub and box for €800 and an extra €150 for the HD package.
    I have Digitalb HD and the picture is every bit as good as Sky HD but on a lot of occasions the HD channels have no English commentary and I've found someone who will buy it off me and I might just take the plunge and buy Sky Italia

• Advertisement
    byte

Finne1993 wrote: »
    Hi, a few questions for ya if you don't mind?
    How many of the Premier League matches shown on Sky Italia don't have English commentary? Is it just one of the Sat 3pms that has been reported in the past or is there more?
    Do you know anything about the HD package? Do the HD channels have English commentary also?
    Reason i'm asking so many questions is that I found a great deal on ebay for 14 months Sky Italia sub and box for €800 and an extra €150 for the HD package.
    I have Digitalb HD and the picture is every bit as good as Sky HD but on a lot of occasions the HD channels have no English commentary and I've found someone who will buy it off me and I might just take the plunge and buy Sky Italia
    €950 for sub and box would be one of the best prices I've seen!

Take a nosy at http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyitalia.html

Many channels are just I (Italian), but quite a few have both I and Original language (which is usually English). I notice none of the Calcio HD channels have two audio channels but the Sky Sport HD 1, 2, 3, do.

Most/all fo the SD Calcio's are listed as both Italian and English.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

byte wrote: »
    €950 for sub and box would be one of the best prices I've seen!

Take a nosy at http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyitalia.html

Many channels are just I (Italian), but quite a few have both I and Original language (which is usually English). I notice none of the Calcio HD channels have two audio channels but the Sky Sport HD 1, 2, 3, do.

Most/all fo the SD Calcio's are listed as both Italian and English.

Thanks for the reply Byte.
    Ya, could'nt believe the price myself, its an Italian seller who's selling them, he has'nt got it listed at the minute but Ive been in contact with him and I can still get it at that price, I'm still trying to flog my Digitalb HD package so until that goes there will be no Sky Italia!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

sorry for the noob post but im looking to install for next season but wouldnt say no to getting the rest of this season as well.

i basically want as much football as possible for as cheap as possible. i know deals are changing for next season so thats why i ask

do digitalb have rights for next season and beyond? similarly what foreign broadcaster has 3pm games for the future?

is it possible to watch multiple games at once ala sky with multi room?

based in cork so would be great if someone has a setup to discuss

english commentary isnt essential, foreign leagues a bonus

blocparty wrote: »
    sorry for the noob post but im looking to install for next season but wouldnt say no to getting the rest of this season as well.

i basically want as much football as possible for as cheap as possible. i know deals are changing for next season so thats why i ask

do digitalb have rights for next season and beyond? similarly what foreign broadcaster has 3pm games for the future?

is it possible to watch multiple games at once ala sky with multi room?

based in cork so would be great if someone has a setup to discuss

english commentary isnt essential, foreign leagues a bonus

I would definitely start with a 1m motorised dish for starters. Digitalb has no 3pm games. Sky Italia costs a fortune. Best solution is to get yourself a D****box. Do some research on the topic.

Sky Italia does NOT cost a fortune!

Official Sky Italia prices from August 1st:

2 mixes (+ news) - €19.90 per month
    3 mixes (+ news) - €24.90 per month
    Mondo Sky (all 5 mixes) - €29.90 per month

Mondo + Cinema - €43 per month
    Mondo + Sport - €43 per month
    Mondo + Calcio - €43 per month

Mondo + Cinema + Sport - €56 per month
    Mondo + Cinema + Calcio - €56 per month
    Mondo + Sport + Calcio - €56 per month
    Mondo + Cinema + Sport + Calcio - €69 per month

3 of Mondo's mixes + Cinema - €34 per month
    4 of Mondo's mixes + Cinema - €39 per month
    4 of Mondo's mixes + either Sport or Calcio - €39 per month
    4 of Mondo's mixes + any two from Cinema, Sport and Calcio - €52 per month
    4 of Mondo's mixes + Cinema, Sport and Calcio - €65 per month.

These prices are all in euro and include VAT. There is no monthly fee for the HD channels.

An Italian on the top HD package pays €828 per annum and gets 3pm footie, ESPN and Sky's games , etc. included.
    An Irishman on the top UK HD Sky package pays €1035 per annum before he adds in his ESPN, which I believe is €144 more, and Setanta Sports which is another €204!!

byte

Aye, Sky Italia might be good bang for buck if you could get it direct, but it's horridly expensive to buy from "resellers"

As you seem to be in Italy, it's less of a problem for you :)

It is a package I'll be seriously considering for next season, depending on finances. I wasted money on Digitalb this season, very seldom watch it. On the flipside, I've found Al Jazeera to be fantastic value, despite lack of EPL.

Cyfra+ has been OK too, good value with good quality SD as well as HD, only let down is the Polish commentary.

In fairness though Byte, most resellers make around €200 for each deal they make. But some only €150.
    We give Sky UK €150 a year just for the privilege of seeing the HD channels.
    Where's the difference?

byte wrote: »
    Aye, Sky Italia might be good bang for buck if you could get it direct, but it's horridly expensive to buy from "resellers"

As you seem to be in Italy, it's less of a problem for you :)

Thats exactly what I meant.

What do you think a reseller should charge then?
    The guy selling at €950 is only making just over €100!

• Advertisement

denis1501 wrote: »
    What do you think a reseller should charge then?
    The guy selling at €950 is only making just over €100!

I for one would rather pay €950 over say four 3 montly payments then hand over €950 in one go. The problem is its alot of money to depart with in one go. I see you go on about sky being €1,000 but thats over 12 monthly payments which makes it more appealing and easier to afford. Not many would willingly hand over the best part of €1,000 to pay their yearly tv sub in one go.

Advertisement