Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new pay as you go plan.

• 12-04-2021 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I was with eir for a few years, pay as you go, 30 euro a month and I got unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles anytime, unlimited texts and 15GB of data.

I switched to 48 and got all that but 100GB of dats which I dont need anyway, 15GB was enough for me.

48 is ok but when I have my phone turned off, when I turn it back on again, it doesnt tell me who was calling me and say if I turn it off at 8pm and turn it back on at 11pm, I might get a text the minute I turn the phone back on, but it wont say at what time that text was sent.

This is a business phone so it is kind of important I know these things.

48 is 7.99 per month which is good but im considering going back to eir but I dont want to be paying 30 euro per month. is there any other deals they do that is better than 30 per month?

48 uses the 3 network which im not mad about, it doesnt seem as good as the eir network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gomo - €12.99 per month - its from Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭pgj2015

GBX wrote: »

I thought they were using the 3 network?

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I thought they were using the 3 network?

No - they use their own Eir Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

GBX wrote: »

GoMo is €14.99 and isn’t pay as you go. And I’m with 48 and if I get texts when my phone is off it shows me what time they were sent at when I turn my phone on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

might get a text the minute I turn the phone back on, but it wont say at what time that text was sent.

Are there any other details for the text? In some instances the details show when it was sent and when received, depends on the phone but it's usually accessed by press and hold the message to reveal an options menu. Might not work that way with 48 as they may be waiting for phone to connect to network before sending the notification.

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Are there any other details for the text? In some instances the details show when it was sent and when received. Might not work that way with 48 as they may be waiting for phone to connect to network before sending the notification.

yes, I think I always have to have my data or wifi on to receive texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

pgj2015 wrote: »
    48 is ok but when I have my phone turned off, when I turn it back on again, it doesnt tell me who was calling me and say if I turn it off at 8pm and turn it back on at 11pm, I might get a text the minute I turn the phone back on, but it wont say at what time that text was sent.

This is a business phone so it is kind of important I know these things.....

You should try a different phone and see does it have the same issue. You could also not turn the phone off, just have it go into a do not disturb mode on a schedule. It should lose very little battery over night.

jdon72 wrote: »
    GoMo is €14.99 and isn’t pay as you go. And I’m with 48 and if I get texts when my phone is off it shows me what time they were sent at when I turn my phone on

Yes I know. Its sim only - its priced per month. Whereas pay as you go is generally 28 days, which is not monthly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

If its a business phone I would pay the extra for vodafone

Or an post mobile if you want to save money and use the same network, the billing and registration system seems a bit amateurish though

athlone573 wrote: »

Or an post mobile if you want to save money and use the same network, the billing and registration system seems a bit amateurish though

how much would vodafone be?

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »
    You should try a different phone and see does it have the same issue. You could also not turn the phone off, just have it go into a do not disturb mode on a schedule. It should lose very little battery over night.

I switched phone the same time I moved to 48, so yeah I was questioning if it was the phone that was the problem as well.

I tried do not disturb and I then received missed calls when taken off do not disturb but it doesn't always work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It's a fallacy vodafone is a business network. They are the best network for charging you though.

Eirs coverage is great

listermint wrote: »
    It's a fallacy vodafone is a business network. They are the best network for charging you though.

Eirs coverage is great

Eir are a joke, they are still sending me a bill for a negative 5 euro something every month after I cancelled my meteor payg contract a few years ago. every single month.

Like with NTL and their antics. It would put me off dealing with them, even before watching the PrimeTime expose.

I never had a problem with eir and was with them a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

+1 for An post

€15 for Unlimited Calls, Texts and Data
    First month free if you join online to try it, PAYG and using the VF network.

Virgin, 3 and eir are doing the same deals for Sim only, 30 day contracts, Direct debit through Carphone Warehouse anyway, probably same offering through network. Although Virgin and 3 are using 3 which 48 is as well, having used all 3 in the past, there is a night and day difference between 48/ Virgin & 3, the 48 service really is a no frills, budget service.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Eir are a joke, they are still sending me a bill for a negative 5 euro something every month after I cancelled my meteor payg contract a few years ago. every single month.

Like with NTL and their antics. It would put me off dealing with them, even before watching the PrimeTime expose.

Ya ya ya. Spend big on Vodafone for no better service.

Look I'm no EIR fan. But your want your head examined if your paying big money to Vodafone for the same level of service and coverage. Bizarre.

NTL....... You hold a grudge my man .lol.

listermint wrote: »
    Ya ya ya. Spend big on Vodafone for no better service.

Look I'm no EIR fan. But your want your head examined if your paying big money to Vodafone for the same level of service and coverage. Bizarre.

NTL....... You hold a grudge my man .lol.

I can't remember exactly what contract I had with Vodafone but it was a sim only deal through carphone warehouse, 30 odd euro a month

I only really noticed that they had better coverage in my locality after getting a work phone on Voda.

I agree they have some dear enough plans if you want a new phone.

Advertisement