Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other 3.x or later Linux (64-bit) end of life?

• 23-03-2021 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me with the Other 3.x or later Linux (64-bit) end of life date? Or end of support? If there is any.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

If you mean some version of Linux with a 3.x kernel, then 3 or 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

If you mean some version of Linux with a 3.x kernel, then 3 or 4 years ago.

Right, OK.

It seems that "Other 3.x or later Linux (64-bit)" is a setting and not an OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Yeah, sounds like something you'd see in a VMWare OS dropdown.

Looks exactly like what you’d see reported in Qualys when it couldn’t authenticate.

I think the actual OS is RHEL x.x. We had an assessment done on our network infrastructure and between all the OS versions this one called Other 3.x or later Linux (64-bit) popped up and I couldn't find the EOL date anywhere :D

Never too old to learn

• Advertisement

cat /etc/*release* on the system itself will tell you exactly what it is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Can I ask why you need to retain a kernel that old? Does the hardware you're running it on not support later versions or is it the Software you're running on top?

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    Can I ask why you need to retain a kernel that old? Does the hardware you're running it on not support later versions or is it the Software you're running on top?

We solved it, "Other 3.x or later Linux (64-bit)" is a setting and not an OS.

We are running RHEL 6 and later

Advertisement