Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weekly weekend works on South Circular road Between Dolphins Barns and Rialto

• 10-10-2020 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭

As the titles states there has been constant works on the strip of road for the last 3 or 4 months every weekend with the road constantly being dug up and patched up again in different places.

Can you please advise what is going on, when the works will be finished and if the road will be properly put back to normal when done, as it is treacherous on a bicycle.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi bazermc,

Thanks for your query.

Would you mind sending further details in relation to this via PM and we can set up a query if required on your behalf?

Can you also please include the following details:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact number.

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Hi bazermc,

Thanks for your query.

Would you mind sending further details in relation to this via PM and we can set up a query if required on your behalf?

Can you also please include the following details:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact number.

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

Thanks Allanah just sent via PM.

Thanks for your DM, a member of our team will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Allanah

• Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Could you please post the information here, so that other residents of the area who are driven mad by these works can know what's going on?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Could you please post the information here, so that other residents of the area who are driven mad by these works can know what's going on?
    Ill post up details when I get feedback.  it is ridiculous at this stage, constantly being dug up over and over again, road left filthy and bumpy and uneven.

Hopefully they do the same brilliant finish job as they have done with the road into Ranelagh Village from the canal side, but I very much doubt it

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    Ill post up details when I get feedback.  it is ridiculous at this stage, constantly being dug up over and over again, road left filthy and bumpy and uneven.

Hopefully they do the same brilliant finish job as they have done with the road into Ranelagh Village from the canal side, but I very much doubt it
    There's a bit just before the Luas bridge, opposite the new cafe and restaurant, that looks like it's going to subside fairly soon!

Hi Irish Water.

Following my earlier thread Irish Water are back doing works today on the same piece of road.

Please see attached photos I took this am.

Photo attached

Hi bazermc,

Thanks for providing that information.
    Hi Irish Water.

Following my earlier thread Irish Water are back doing works today on the same piece of road.

Please see attached photos I took this am.

A member of our team has responded to your PM.

Thanks,
    Allanah

Any useful info, OP?

I'm not sure why Irish Water can't just post the information here - it's not like the OP was asking about the supply to his own house :confused:

For the record, I live nearby, and I would also like to know if there's an end in sight to the works, and if the road is going to be properly reinstated.

• Advertisement

Hi HeidiHeidi,
    Any useful info,  OP?

I'm not sure why Irish Water can't just post the information here - it's not like the OP was asking about the supply to his own house  :confused:

For the record, I live nearby,  and I would also like to know if there's an end in sight to the works, and if the road is going to be properly reinstated.

GMC have been carrying out mains laying on behalf of Irish Water on the South Circular Road. We are awaiting further information in relation to your query on the length these works will continue.

Reinstatement work usually takes place between 4-6 weeks after works take place. This is to ensure that the ground underneath the works has settled so we can put down permanent reinstatement.

Thanks,
    Allanah

Any useful info,  OP?

I'm not sure why Irish Water can't just post the information here - it's not like the OP was asking about the supply to his own house  :confused:

For the record, I live nearby,  and I would also like to know if there's an end in sight to the works, and if the road is going to be properly reinstated.
    Hi Heidi  I just spoke with Irish Water this morning and they confirmed the works will be done by January 2021 - apparently they are major replacement works.  I asked if the road would be properly reinstated which they said it would be.  However in my opinion and given the track record of Irish Water, that remains to be seen.

It is a pity that works are not of a stop start nature, as they would be done quicker in just done from start to finish without interruption.

Hi Irish water.

There has been no works done on this road since before Christmas/November.

Can I assume the works have been completed and the road will be properly resurfaced as it is currently in terrible condition following the temporary surfacing that was put down?

Many thanks

Photos of current state of the road attached.

And another

Hi bazermc,

Thanks for your message. 

We will follow up in relation to these works and let you know as soon as we receive further information in relation to this. 

Thanks,
    Allanah

Another spate of weeekend disruptions.

https://www.thejournal.ie/disruption-water-main-dublin-5357319-Feb2021/

When is it going to end. The road is a disgrace, and why does it take so long to finish a job. Stop starting over months on end does not help.

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Irish Water: Jose

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

These works were part of the National Leakage Reduction Programme. Please see https://wtr.ie/3jIjYOg

We are not aware of any future disruptions for this area.

Thanks,
    Jose

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

These works were part of the National Leakage Reduction Programme. Please see https://wtr.ie/3jIjYOg

We are not aware of any future disruptions for this area.

Thanks,
    Jose

Hi Jose

This same section of road was dug up again weekend just gone.

Why is this area being dug up so often and not finalised.

I have a photo I took of exact same works being done in July 2020. That’s nearly 9 months ago.

The road is an awful state, filthy dirty, half patched up and loose gravel everywhere. There’s also piles of those lane dividers left behind so presume they’ll be back to pick them up or there’s another round of digging in the works.

Please advise when this works will be done and the road put back into proper condition.

Thanks.

Hi bazermc,
    Hi Jose

This same section of road was dug up again weekend just gone.

Why is this area being dug up so often and not finalised.

I have a photo I took of exact same works being done in July 2020. That’s nearly 9 months ago.

The road is an awful state, filthy dirty, half patched up and loose gravel everywhere. Theres also piles of those lane dividers left behind so presume they’ll be back to pick them up or there’s another round of digging in the works.

Please advise when this works will be done and the road put back into proper condition.

Thanks.

We're really sorry for the delay in responding.

The works taking place as part of the Leakage Reduction Programme are essential works and Irish Water strive to ensure works are of minimal distribution to the community as possible.

The largest part of the mains replacement works has been completed at this point.

There are ancillary works to be completed over the coming weeks on the South Circular Road, however we expect that these works will not be as distributive from a water pressure and traffic management perspective.

We have communicated with the appointed contactors and the permanent reinstatement will be rolled out as soon as possible following the completion of this essential leakage reduction works.

Thanks,
    Allanah

• Advertisement

Hi bazermc,

The works taking place as part of the Leakage Reduction Programme are essential works and Irish Water strive to ensure works are of minimal distribution to the community as possible.

The largest part of the mains replacement works has been completed at this point.

There are ancillary works to be completed over the coming weeks on the South Circular Road, however we expect that these works will not be as distributive from a water pressure and traffic management perspective.

We have communicated with the appointed contactors and the permanent reinstatement will be rolled out as soon as possible following the completion of this essential leakage reduction works.

Thanks,
    Allanah

Dear Irish water.

Is there any update on this road and whether the works are done now and it will be properly resurfaced. The road is in worse condition than a Boreen in South Kerry.

• Company Representative Posts: 36 Verified rep Irish Water: Rebecca

Hi bazermc,

Thanks,
    Allanah

Dear Irish water.

Is there any update on this road and whether the works are done now and it will be properly resurfaced. The road is in worse condition than a Boreen in South Kerry.
    Hi Bazermc,

These works have been completed as of now.

Could you PM us the exact location of the needed reinstatement and we will pass this along to our contractors.

Reinstatement works usually take place 4-6 weeks after works are completed but I will make the contractors aware of the works needed.

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Hi Bazermc,

Could you PM us the exact location of the needed reinstatement and we will pass this along to our contractors.

Reinstatement works usually take place 4-6 weeks after works are completed but I will make the contractors aware of the works needed.

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Many thanks

The South Circular road starting at the cross road at Dolphins Barn going west through to Rialto Village.

The road is particularly bad at this exact location however I am aware residents have issues with further up the road at the LUAS bridge before kilmainham - https://goo.gl/maps/cdHazDaHkzy6JzjBA

• Company Representative Posts: 36 Verified rep Irish Water: Rebecca

Hi Bazermc,

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Many thanks

The South Circular road starting at the cross road at Dolphins Barn going west through to Rialto Village.

The road is particularly bad at this exact location however I am aware residents have issues with further up the road at the LUAS bridge before kilmainham - https://goo.gl/maps/cdHazDaHkzy6JzjBA
    Hi Bazermc,

Thank you for confirming the location. I have raised this query with our Local Water Department to investigate further.

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Hi Bazermc,

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Many thanks

Having just bounced home along the SCR, I can confirm this post.

Both locations - beside the funeral directors at the Dolphin's Barn end, and from the Rialto roundabout to the Luas bridge - are both in bits.

Back digging the road again this weekend. Must be some leak.

Any chance the road will be nicely done after like they got in Ranalegh. Probably zero chance.

Hi bazermc,
    Back digging the road again this weekend. Must be some leak.

Any chance the road will be nicely done after like they got in Ranalegh. Probably zero chance.

The road will be fully reinstates once the ground has settled following works.

Thanks,
    Allanah

Hi bazermc,

The road will be fully reinstates once the ground has settled following works.

Thanks,
    Allanah

Great but when will the actual works be completed. They’ve been going on for about 3 years now.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep Irish Water: Louise

Hi bazermc,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

We are currently looking into this for you and will return as soon as possible with an update.

Kind regards,
    Louise

• Advertisement

The road was never reinstated (that post was in April, so 6 months ago), and a huge section of it has been dug up again recently.

Is there any end in sight to the mess on this section of the SCR???

Advertisement