Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4g antenna illegal in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rugrat69

Hiya

I have used the xpol units previously and have never had any issues with them. Comreg again works differently to Ofcom which is the equivalent in the UK no issue using them there. Maybe it’s like Covid we go down a different route to most Countries. I would put it up and see if anything happens i highly doubt it. All you are doing is inducing the outside signal into your house/business how can we remote work remotely without broadband stay at home etc etc maybe comreg should talk to Nphet who ever the feck they are!! Or maybe wait 7 years for Fibre to the home. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    I would but from aliexpress half the price

Anything sold in europe is legal but not powerfully

Any anthenna is legal and it's not sending a signal

I would look at fiber broadband it's in a lot of places now

There was a good youtube boosters slow signal down as it only gets one signal vs many

Fiber roll out look up your address

https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/
    https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/can-i-get-eir-fibre-broadband/ is fake and a lie,
    it sits continious without answer - I KNOW the answer as many words with eir
    and TDs\Ministers corrupt\liars\thieves involved in cartel and monopoly even
    NBP fail to answer as they know and can do nothing but lie.to hide the corruption.
    OLAF EU notified as "eu part funding" and it is fraud - just money to the
    participants whilst citizens have to listen to bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

I am using one of these https://www.irishwireless.net/xpol-a0001 with a B593 but don't see a huge jump in performance, I have the router in the room with the unit connected externally to a chimney, I just connected up and changed on router to external antenna. DO you have to do anything else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Bellejelles

You might need a repeater as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

bfclancy wrote: »
    What has that rant to do with what I posted

SF/IRA shills get into all sorts of threads.

As for the op, see when 5G coverage will come to your area. It might be a solution.

• Advertisement

Have you it pointed at your mobile providers mast and checked what the mast is giving off ie 4g/3g etc as a provider might have 2 masts in a given 360 degree aspect. They are list on the com reg site showing all masts.

rugrat69 wrote: »
    Have you it pointed at your mobile providers mast and checked what the mast is giving off ie 4g/3g etc as a provider might have 2 masts in a given 360 degree aspect. They are list on the com reg site showing all masts.

The local mast on comer just says : UMTS, LTE
    I have pointed in right direction
    Thanks

Which provider is it your one which is on your Sim. There will be numerous masts in the area normally.

rugrat69 wrote: »
    Which provider is it your one which is on your Sim. There will be numerous masts in the area normally.

Three....they have two in the area

I am pointing at the one closest to the house

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ryan.rt94

Hey everyone, sorry I meant to get back to you sooner. So basically, I got the poynting XPOL2 setup in the attic and there was a slight improvement in speeds. I also purchased a new router and it's the TP LINK archer MR600. Previously I had the Huawei B593 and I learned that it didn't support 4g+. I'm not an expert on this stuff but my understanding is that 4g+ uses carrier aggregation where the router can connect to two frequency bands at the same time and this can drastically increase data rate.

Anyway, with the Poynting XPOL 2 and TP link Archer, our internet is way faster than what it was before we were getting below 2Mbps down during peak times (evening) and close to 15 Mbps down during non peak hours. Now we're getting close to 10 Mbps during peak hours and non peak speeds have reached close to 90 Mbps.

Basically the 4g+ made a massive difference to me.

Also thanks to everyone that helped with this on this thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ryan.rt94

Three....they have two in the area

I am pointing at the one closest to the house

Maybe a 4g+ enabled wireless router night be beneficial for you since you have more than one mast in your vicinity. I bought the TP link Archer MR600 and it's a been a game changer. I previously had the Huawei B593

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gijoees

Late to this thread but I hope I can get some advice. I use one of the outer antenna's to get reception for internet. Although even with the antenna, I can still only achieve between 8 - 12 Mbps download. The house is somewhat in a small valley between 2 hills. On one hill why I placed the same antenna the signal can reach up to 30 Mbps which is more than sufficient for me.

So my question is, if I availed of a second antenna, can one signal to the other and boost the signal at the house?

Thank you in in advance.. I am not in anyway optimistic about this fibre roll out scheme as our area still doesn't have the original landline broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Use Comreg's siteviwer website to find what masts might be available to you.

What antenna are you currently using?

Are you using a mobile router?

Regarding fibre broadband, are you in an NBP intervention area?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gijoees

The closest mast is 4.5 km away from us. There is forests between throughout though.

I am currently using a Poynting A-XPOL-00002-V2. Yes a mobile router (Huawei) through the Vodafone Network.

I checked it there and yes we are on the intervention network.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

So even though the mast is relatively close coverage for your house isn't good enough.

Bouncing a signal from the hill to your house would require a point to point link with the router and antenna located on the hill, if that's an option, with the PtP from there to your house.

Would Starlink be an option instead, in the interim, until the NBP arrives?

Monthly kit rental is an option or refurbished kit purchase for €225

Advertisement