Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy electronic components Dublin?

Options
  • 21-12-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

May be slightly off topic, but anyone know where I can get components in north Dublin? I need a capacitor and a potentiometer.

I know of Farnell but I think they only do mail order and I'm in a hurry so don't want postal delays given the week it is. I also know of RS but don't fancy the drive there having spent 3 hours in traffic today going to that general area.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,291 ✭✭✭jmcc

Peats? Haven't dealt with the retail side of electronic components for decades. RS is more expensive. Not sure about Farnell and local stock though. RS might be the best bet.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

look up Adverts seller "ucontroller"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

jmcc wrote: »
    Peats? Haven't dealt with the retail side of electronic components for decades. RS is more expensive. Not sure about Farnell and local stock though. RS might be the best bet.

Regards...jmcc

Thanks, I thought they were long gone but a search shows they have a wholesale. The site seems to suggest they don't carry the bits I need. I guess little point calling them now (just seen your post now) so will try after christmas.

I did call Farnell, they no longer have a Dublin office - I was hoping I might be able to collect from there. May try RS if they are open as I hope the traffic will be light then.

The Maplin closure was a real loss eh.

Mech1 wrote: »
    look up Adverts seller "ucontroller"

Thanks, interesting stock. But it's either post or a long drive for me. I'd rather just go to RS I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,754 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Appears to be the same people...

Very handy, I didn't know they existed, so thanks for that link.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Since somebody replied to my thread, I'll add in some I have discovered since if it's of interest to anyone (all ecommerce sites, not walk in)/

https://irishelectronics.ie/ - not used them but looks like nice range

https://www.robotshop.com/eu/en/ - have used these - be sure to shop from this link for EU delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ticktock

not in dublin but online irish company good to deal with google donberg .ie

Advertisement