Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dell Support Assist

• 02-06-2020 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭

I know that for those who might have subscribed to Dell support this would not be classed as a Virus & Malware. However I don't subscribe and the bloody thing is popping up on screen telling me it is going to start its scan in 30/29/28/27....
    Two options Run Now or Run Later. Run Later leaves the dialog box on screen for hours(probably 30 seconds to a minute)

I really want a third option "Feck off and never run again"!

Any hints as to how to get the third option?
    Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Clicking on Start you should see it in the list of programmes in a folder titled Dell. Im not sure if there is an uninstall option there. However if you open the Control Panel and Select "Programmes and features" and then "uninstall a programme" you will see it. Its called DellSupportAssist. Highlight it and you will see an option then to uninstall.

Hope that works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Thanks - couldn't see it in the pop up start and so was confused as to how to remove. As you say it was in the list at Control Panel - something I've often used before but haven't needed in so long it went off the radar. Ta for the heads up.

Advertisement