Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS to Hard Drive transfer

• 20-12-2019 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Hi..can anyone give me advice on how to set up my laptop (hard drive) to transfer/save my old VHS tapes, using my video recorder ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

You need a video 'digitizer' it converts the analogue VHS into digital and sends it on to your pc which records it via the software.
    I bought a Hauppauge USB Live 2, which has been gathering dust since I recorded the two videos I wanted.

I'll sell you mine for a reasonable price if you are interested (and if it's ok for me to offer it here)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Need something like this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Video-2-PC-Capture-Windows-Camcorder-transfer/dp/B0049BE3TA

If your budget allows, and you don't have dozens of tapes, there are companies that will do it for you (used to be a someone in Dublin that did it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

eyerer wrote: »
    You need a video 'digitizer' it converts the analogue VHS into digital and sends it on to your pc which records it via the software.
    I bought a Hauppauge USB Live 2, which has been gathering dust since I recorded the two videos I wanted.

I'll sell you mine for a reasonable price if you are interested (and if it's ok for me to offer it here)?

I've sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭thesultan

I'm after getting a easier cap capture.
    Never stated that you need a extra cable to fix the vcr. Anyhow what format should I record at from vcr to laptop?

Video device : USb video device
    audio device : Microphone USB
    Format Has VCD, SVCD,DVD, LONG DVD , WMV

Video type
    Quality
    Split size

• Advertisement

When I watch them they are fine but when I go to record and watch the sound is all over the place and can't watch

Advertisement