Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonder Woman 1984

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ThePott wrote:
    HBO Max removed their free trial in anticipation of people doing just this

I'm already a member so can't see the free trial at any time. One month is around 13 euro. Still worth it for the movie alone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ThePott

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm already a member so can't see the free trial at any time. One month is around 13 euro. Still worth it for the movie alone
    Oh for sure, I'm a member as well. Well worth it in general imo. Especially if they manage to release their theatrical slate there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Very very slow to get moving, more like a rom-com at times. But the second half was very good and it was good to see a climax that wasn't a punchfest. Not as good as the first film but still pretty good. Kids really enjoyed it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭techdiver

Very enjoyable. Great opening and as others have said it drags a bit in the middle.

Climax is very good. Loved the reuse of an unexpected track from BvS in the soundtrack for the climax scene there too. It fit very well with the theme.

My son enjoyed it too. Great to be able to go to the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

A large steaming pile of s***e. It was actually comical so enjoyed it in that sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

It seems to be doing half as well as the first movie in China and their cinemas are functioning normally

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

silverharp wrote: »
    It seems to be doing half as well as the first movie in China and their cinemas are functioning normally

Chinese audiences seem much more keen on their homegrown blockbusters at this point. And they may be actively turned off by US movies as a rule right now (eg. Monster Hunter).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Chinese audiences seem much more keen on their homegrown blockbusters at this point. And they may be actively turned off by US movies as a rule right now (eg. Monster Hunter).

here is hoping :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Just out from a screening, myself and my wife really enjoyed the first WW movie but we both thought this was just plain awful. The plot was paper thin and some scenes were even painful to watch
    the British woman wishing that the Irish went back to where they came from
    plus depicting
    men as sexual predators
    was cringeworthy. Overall I'd give it 2 out of 10, the start and the action in Egypt were the only decent scenes IMO.

• Advertisement

Phat Cat wrote: »
    ... and some scenes were even painful to watch
    the British woman wishing that the Irish went back to where they came from

That was safe compared to certain other minorities that may not have taken it so well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Reminded me of the late 80's comic run she had. Loved it, really enjoyed the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

That was safe compared to certain other minorities that may not have taken it so well...

Exactly, so why use it at all? It was such a WTF moment.

spit it out!

silverharp wrote: »
    here is hoping :D

yes hopefully China will boycott these things completely so Hollywood will stop making them :D

glasso wrote: »
    spit it out!

Amazonians ! There, I said it, happy now!?!

Amazonians ! There, I said it, happy now!?!

no doubt when the big load of lesbian (but bi-curious) Gal-Gadot-lookalike roides emerges from the jungle they will be furious upon seeing this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

When is this on hbo max?

9am PT/12 pm ET which would be 5 o'clock this evening Irish time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Other locations then, from around 7pm? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

pixelburp wrote: »
    Other locations then, from around 7pm? :pac:
    Thats what i really wanted to know:pac:

pixelburp wrote:
    Other locations then, from around 7pm?

I could be wrong but I think it's exclusive to HBO for the next few days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think it's exclusive to HBO for the next few days.

Ahem. Those are not the kind of locations I'm talking of ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

torrent by 9pm then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

ThePott wrote: »
    9am PT/12 pm ET which would be 5 o'clock this evening Irish time.

Cheers. I was wondering when I could erm, "stream" this today.

Yar har har.

Cheers. I was wondering when I could erm, "stream" this today.
    Yar har har.
    No worries, just checked and it's up on HBO Max now anyway.
    In the meantime while you guys are waiting here's a tune to pass the time

pixelburp wrote:
    Ahem. Those are not the kind of locations I'm talking of

Sorry. Blonde moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,269 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that was really disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Anyone know when this will be available on the Sky store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Found it. January 13th. Jez, that’s a bit late for a location that cannot get HBO Max. Don’t see why they couldn’t release it simultaneously.

Advertisement