Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mature Entry Medicine as a Graduate

Options
  • 19-01-2021 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all,

I know that graduate medicine exists as a means of entry for those who possess an undergraduate degree, but I was wondering if it's possible to try enter as a mature student using the degree results in place of the Leaving Cert requirements?

I did the GAMSAT and scored high enough for all graduate entry (65) but I was refused finance because I come from a poor family. Therefore I'm trying to find an alternate means of entering medicine, and the traditional undergraduate courses are substantially cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 23ismynumber

Nope. The options are graduate entry which requires GAMSAT + min 2.1 degree results or mature undergraduate entry for which you must be over 23, meet the LC requirements for undergraduate entry + HPAT.

UCD have an access route but they prioritize non-degree holding students and there are only 2 spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Duffleboxie

I’m wondering if anyone could advise.

Is it possible to apply to mature entry medicine in the same year that you repeat your full leaving cert?

In other words, will the CAO allow you to be considered for both the mature entry route and ALSO allow you to compete with school leavers if you are sitting your full LC in the one year?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Duffleboxie

HPAT results available on your CAO portal. Best of luck to everyone

Advertisement