Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WD My Passport Portable Hard Drive 4TB Orange for £72

• 22-06-2020 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

WD My Passport Portable Hard Drive 4TB Orange
    Down from £124 to £72. I think it's a good deal for 4TB storage. I bought one.

westerndigital . com

Can be delivered to Parcel Motel or DPD PW.
    promo code 5OFF1UK

Source: HUKD
    Sorry I can't share a link.

Comments

have had a couple of these my passport drives fail on me.

wouldn't be buying western digital again for a large capacity spinning drive personally

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

glasso wrote: »
    have had a couple of these my passport drives fail on me.

wouldn't be buying western digital again for a large capacity spinning drive personally

Running a business using 68TB of WD drives and not one failure. Every drive will fail eventually, Just make sure you're backed up.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Running a business using 68TB of WD drives and not one failure. Every drive will fail eventually, Just make sure you're backed up.

Two fails for two drives on that particular my passport model for me so it's certainly biased my opinion. And they were not treated badly.

Are they my passport drives specifically that you are using?

There can be significant spec differences between models

• Registered Users Posts: 12 divocsolutions

Yes you are right, we have to take extra care with backups.
    It has 3-Year Limited Warranty. I see that the same model is going for £156 and has very good reviews.

• Advertisement

Yes you are right, we have to take extra care with backups.
    It has 3-Year Limited Warranty. I see that the same model is going for £156 and has very good reviews.

this model is always available for about 100 euro on amazon and frequently cheaper.

I bought it a couple of years ago for 90 euro

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/mypassport%204tb

It's a good price that you have posted but nobody would ever buy for the stated full price

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Thanks OP. Good bargain. If you are a student you can get an additional 15% off this price.

Generate the required discount code with your university email address here - https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-ie/promotions/education-and-senior-discounts. (Code can be used on UK site.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭torrevieja

i bought this last night the web page was playing up a bit but anyway the transaction went through got and email an hour ago with a refund anyone else get this ?

Wont accept Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

torrevieja wrote: »
    i bought this last night the web page was playing up a bit but anyway the transaction went through got and email an hour ago with a refund anyone else get this ?

Wont accept Parcel Wizard

Same here unfortunately! I saw this in the FAQ -

"Due to shipping restrictions, we cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes or APO/FPO addresses."

I'm guessing Parcel Wizard, Parcel Motel, Addresspal etc would all be classed as P.O. Boxes...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

cjlawlor wrote: »
    Same here unfortunately! I saw this in the FAQ -

"Due to shipping restrictions, we cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes or APO/FPO addresses."

I'm guessing Parcel Wizard, Parcel Motel, Addresspal etc would all be classed as P.O. Boxes...

I ordered a few days ago to Parcel Motel and got the cancellation email. Tried again last night with Address Pal. No cancellation email as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

petejmk wrote: »
    I ordered a few days ago to Parcel Motel and got the cancellation email. Tried again last night with Address Pal. No cancellation email as of yet.

Ordered a 2TB drive on 19/06 and sent it to PM.
    Got a shipment confirmation and a tracking number with UPS last Monday. Has been shipped from the Netherlands and in transit atm.
    Looks a bit like hit and miss.

keos wrote: »
    Ordered a 2TB drive on 19/06 and sent it to PM.
    Got a shipment confirmation and a tracking number with UPS last Monday. Has been shipped from the Netherlands and in transit atm.
    Looks a bit like hit and miss.

Out of interest did you pay with card or PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

Out of interest did you pay with card or PayPal?

Paid with PayPal, using the revolut card.

Payment was declined when I tried revolut directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 divocsolutions

I got the same cancellation email. Sorry.
    I paid with Paypal and got refund immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

keos wrote: »
    Paid with PayPal, using the revolut card.

Payment was declined when I tried revolut directly.

Ditto and got the cancellation email today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

£65.97 from Currys UK

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/data-storage/external-hard-drives/wd-my-passport-portable-hard-drive-4-tb-black-10154526-pdt.html

Edit: collection only and I can't find much stock, but if anything it indicates there's a sell-off of these going on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

wba88 wrote: »
    £65.97 from Currys UK

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/data-storage/external-hard-drives/wd-my-passport-portable-hard-drive-4-tb-black-10154526-pdt.html

Edit: collection only and I can't find much stock, but if anything it indicates there's a sell-off of these going on

are they any good I wonder! looking for a deal on a 2tb myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

For anyone needing a portable hdd, Can pick up a 4tb Seagate portable on Amazon for £84.99, free delivery with prime. 5tb on £92.73.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Sup08 wrote: »
    For anyone needing a portable hdd, Can pick up a 4tb Seagate portable on Amazon for £84.99, free delivery with prime. 5tb on £92.73.

Cant seem to find, can you link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

zweton wrote: »
    Cant seem to find, can you link ?

Seagate Expansion Amazon Special Edition 5TB External Portable Hard Drive (6.35cm (2.5in))
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_.EI9EbEG168QC

• Advertisement

Sup08 wrote: »

Thanks. Might go for that. Just got another cancellation from Western Digital. Tried AddressPal this time. No joy.

Advertisement