Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst thing you or a classmate did in school

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Three incidents I can remember from Secondary.

We had a handicapped lad in a wheelchair in our class called Brian leading up to the leaving cert, he had a lot of problems, used a machine for speech and needed a full time carer. He'd join in with PE every so often. One day we were playing indoor soccer and Brian joined in guarding one of all the goals, he was basically just sprawled across in front of it. Someone took a tame shot and it ended up sort of stuck under him, queue the resident oddball from way out the country laying kicks into him viciously trying to get the ball from out under him, he had to be pulled off and poor Brian was traumatized, he never joined in again after that.

There used to be a roll making "business". Come little lunch at 10.45 you could queue up and buy a roll some of the students had made, it was very popular. A good friend of mine at the time who was a bit of a sly dog decided he'd start printing out fake fivers and order two rolls every couple of days. Well you know what they say about greed, eventually he started printing fifties and being handed a bunch of change back essentially crippling the business. He was caught and his father was called in - His dad made a big donation to the school and he wasn't expelled.

Last one I can think of is a lad I know well from my own town stole money from one of the teachers purses. He lost part of his school uniform and his mother was an absolute tyrant who'd regularly beat him so he needed the money to get a new jumper. He was caught and ran out of the school but was eventually allowed back, I'd say he explained the situation to the principal. One day we were driving home from my grannies house and spotted your man in our back garden, said he was looking for a football. No big surprise the next day when my jumper was missing off the clothesline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Dognapper wrote: »
    There is actually a school in Laois not to far from me where the principal is being investigated for bullying kids , this is a primary school not even a secondary, the things I have heard would turn your stomach.
    All I know is if it was my kids then the principal wouldn’t be given the chance to be investigated, I know it sounds like I’m acting the big shot but I’m sure a lot of parents would feel the same way.

I had two principals in primary school that would regularly bully and physical assault us. This was the early 2000's too so not long ago.

Kinda ****ed up when I look back at all the teachers that would do horrible **** to children just because they were absolute bastards.

Back in 4th or 5th class so kids were about 10 years old one of the students drew a funny sign that said "danger" and stuck to the teachers desk as a prank. The most harmless/funny thing a kid could do.

The prinicpal went ****ing ape ****. Roaring at the class saying how dare we, and that we're a disgrace. When he singled out the one kid he abused the fúck out of him, shouting into his face, grabbing the scruff of his shirts etc. Followed by a lengthy punishment of lines and standing in the corner.

This was regular carry on in primary school. I've had dozens of teachers over my school years carry on like this. The hell is wrong with these people who decide to become teachers and act like this?

Scumbags,

In secondary school it more become psychological bullying. Teachers picking on students for different looks or not meeting their expectations. Belittling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,801 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Anyway I threw a trout at him ( was fishing the day before).

Did you often carry day-old fish on your person? :confused:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Fu*ks sake!
    Some of these stories could be plotlines for the tv show Oz.
    And people say teachers have an easy job :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

The bold boy of the class in primary took the teachers glasses, waited til he bought new ones, then left them back.

Another time he threw a block on a seagull breaking its wing and warranting a visit from the vet. Good shot.

And in another bird related story, he raided a bird's nest and threw the eggs at classmates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Me and a mate went into school still pissed from the night before. First class was double metalwork. We started messing with a machine that ended up sending projectile screws all around the class and into the ceiling.
    Luckily nobody got hurt.
    Got a right bollocking off the extremely sound teacher who ended the dressing down by saying 'Jaysus lads yis will get me fuxking sacked'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Reading the comments on this thread and the general quality of the posts on boards.ie makes a lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Did you often carry day-old fish on your person? :confused:

Why do you think he brought the fish in. The post answers itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

I have a few but theyre probably not that good.

We had a maths teacher who was 3ft nothing and we used to put the chalk and duster on top of the blackboard so she couldnt reach it.
    She ran out of the room crying one day and we never did it again.

We had another maths teachers whos suitcase was sellotaped together. We used to hide in the cupboards, other students used to sit in on the class, and when he patrolled the schoolyard one kid used to sneal up behind him and blow a trumpet full blast-making him jump a foot off the ground!

The most disgusting thing i ever saw was a blocked toilet, with an giant terd floating around the top. Someone got a biro and made a **** flag out of a piece of paper and stuck it in the poo. That little **** boat was so grim, i felt sorry for the cleaner lol

The schoolyard scraps were something else too, we were complete animals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,506 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Way back when, a few of the chaps decided to play a little April Fools “prank” on one of the teachers.

A load of envelopes were stuffed with blank pages, “mimicking” letters, and addressed them to him.

Anyway, in he comes, and sees all the stack of envelopes. He sits down, opens one, blank, opens another, blank and opens another with the same “result”.

At this stage he looked very confused and one of the boys jumps up and shouted ‘first of April, sir!’ and everyone split their sides laughing. He barely acknowledged it.

Of course, they weren’t to know, but it turned out his wife had just died in childbirth, the child too, and everyone felt terrible when word “got back”. Terrible timing really.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

antix80 wrote: »
    The bold boy of the class in primary took the teachers glasses, waited til he bought new ones, then left them back.

Another time he threw a block on a seagull breaking its wing and warranting a visit from the vet. Good shot.

And in another bird related story, he raided a bird's nest and threw the eggs at classmates.

Bet he grew up to be a complete pr1ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Way back when, a few of the chaps decided to play a little April Fools “prank” on one of the teachers.

A load of envelopes were stuffed with blank pages, “mimicking” letters, and addressed them to him.

Anyway, in he comes, and sees all the stack of envelopes. He sits down, opens one, blank, opens another, blank and opens another with the same “result”.

At this stage he looked very confused and one of the boys jumps up and shouted ‘first of April, sir!’ and everyone split their sides laughing. He barely acknowledged it.

Of course, they weren’t to know, but it turned out his wife had just died in childbirth, the child too, and everyone felt terrible when word “got back”. Terrible timing really.

Goodbye Mrs Chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,801 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Got a right bollocking off the extremely sound teacher who ended the dressing down by saying 'Jaysus lads yis will get me fuxking sacked'

Some would have taken that as a challenge :)

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The whole football field had ‘*****’ burnt into it with weed killer. I won’t speculate as to the culprit.

Bart Simpson, in that episode of the Simpsons where he does the exact same thing. Season 2 Episode 14. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There was a guy in the year behind me in Primary school that got put out in the corridor for messing in class. This bollix of a trainee Christian brother - who was probably only 19 - that used to hang around our class far too much came along and saw yer man outside the door. Instead of leaving the kid to his punishment, he gave him a slap across the head as he walked past. The kid jumped on the Brother, knocked him to the ground and laid kicks into him, breaking his arm. No action was ever taken against the kid, who obviously attained legend status immediately. And the Brother, while he still hung around being a prïck (with a cast on his arm), had his cough softened significantly.

A 9/10 year old, or less, battered a nineteen year old??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Yeh that's bollox, if he was a year behind that makes him 11 max. No 11 year old could do that to a 19 year old unless he was about 20 stone and sat on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Bart Simpson, in that episode of the Simpsons where he does the exact same thing. Season 2 Episode 14. :rolleyes:

Tall tales eh?
    I just read another post in the thread and it does come off as spoof or one of those school urban legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

sweet_trip wrote: »
    Kinda ****ed up when I look back at all the teachers that would do horrible **** to children just because they were absolute bastards.

The teacher I had when I was 7 used to make us do competitions where 2 of us had to sit on the boiling hot radiators in the class, and the last one to cry was the winner. He'd physically hold you down on it if he thought you were trying to hop off too early. He had another competition where the last 3 kids into the class in the morning had to stand up at the top, and would be beaten on the arse with a bamboo rod. Again, last one to cry was the "winner". There was no prize. There'd be a stampede in the morning not to be last in, bt someone always had to be.

One teacher stripped a 9 year old kid down to his underwear, threw all his clothes out the a second floor window, and made him run down and collect them with half the school watching out the windows - and that was just the teacher having a laugh.

Another one in primary school held a kid out a second floor window by his ankle, the kid screaming in fear. That guy would regularly punch little kids full force in the chest, knock them on the ground and kick them, ram their heads into the door. He should have been in prison. Instead, he was just lauded as a "tough" teacher.

It was absolutely ****ed up what they got away with. School is so different now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Yeh that's bollox, if he was a year behind that makes him 11 max. No 11 year old could do that to a 19 year old unless he was about 20 stone and sat on him.

Believe what you want lads, no skin off my nose, but the reason I'm telling the story is because it's exceptional. Obviously I can't offer any evidence, but it's a thread for anecdotes, so it is what it is. It was a school on the northside of Dublin, around 1984 or so. I remember the names of the trainee brother and the kid. Everyone else I know who went to the school at the time knows it happened too, it's been often talked about over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,506 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The teacher I had when I was 7 used to make us do competitions where 2 of us had to sit on the boiling hot radiators in the class, and the last one to cry was the winner. He'd physically hold you down on it if he thought you were trying to hop off too early. He had another competition where the last 3 kids into the class in the morning had to stand up at the top, and would be beaten on the arse with a bamboo rod. Again, last one to cry was the "winner". There was no prize. There'd be a stampede in the morning not to be last in, bt someone always had to be.

One teacher stripped a 9 year old kid down to his underwear, threw all his clothes out the a second floor window, and made him run down and collect them with half the school watching out the windows - and that was just the teacher having a laugh.

Another one in primary school held a kid out a second floor window by his ankle, the kid screaming in fear. That guy would regularly punch little kids full force in the chest, knock them on the ground and kick them, ram their heads into the door. He should have been in prison. Instead, he was just lauded as a "tough" teacher.

It was absolutely ****ed up what they got away with. School is so different now.

Shame no former pupils came back for him in later life.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A school I worked in used rooms that were part of a convent building. There were all sorts of rooms in which trouble could be found. Two lads were messing with matches in a room with long curtains Of course, up go the curtains and much amusement as smoke everywhere and classes needed to be evacuated. Sadly, so also did the floor of very elderly nuns above.

It wasn't so funny when our classes were stood outside watching these clearly terrified and probably senile old ladies being brought down the stairs through the smoke.

It was mostly smoke though, so we were back in for classes that afternoon.

We also had a set of identical twins - one a great little bloke, the other a horror, always in trouble and eventually advised 'his needs might be better met elsewhere'. One day good twin was absent and bold twin decided to come into school for the laugh. It turned out his class had an elderly nun who used to be called in when we were really stuck for substitute teachers. She would babble on about her time on the missions in Africa and generally the lads would have a snooze. Not this day, when bold twin decided he would stand on his chair, moon her and leg it. We never saw her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Shame no former pupils came back for him in later life.

We had a primary school teacher, senior infants I think it was.
    She was an out and out cnut. Regularly hit us, this would have been 1989/90.
    She tormented one lad in particular, so much so that he'd leave the school grounds and run home at break each day, maybe 10min walk away.

This lad came from a large family, big older brothers, not culturally inclined but into keeping horses so used to hard work etc.

I think his older brother was 15 or 16 at the time, but he was big, could have passed for his 20's, even now known to be a hot head you wouldn't want to cross.

He burst into the room one day, went for this teacher and grabbed her by the neck and had her against the blackboard. Can't remember exactly but told her something along the lines of if she touched his brother again he'd come back and kill her.

We only had a few months left with her, she didn't lay another finger on any of us and never so much as looked at your man's brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭joeguevara

There was a case a year or so ago (in clare as far as i remember) where a principal was demoted to a teaching post after they were found guilty of publicly humiliating and bullying primary school children.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/principal-loses-challenge-to-demotion-over-emotional-abuse-of-pupil-1.3886628

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

joeguevara wrote: »
    There was a case a year or so ago (in clare as far as i remember) where a principal was demoted to a teaching post after they were found guilty of publicly humiliating and bullying primary school children.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/principal-loses-challenge-to-demotion-over-emotional-abuse-of-pupil-1.3886628

Something very strange going on in that woman's head. Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

That reminds me,
    There was a big classroom in our school and there was a folding wall,
    it folded like an accordian .
    It was really heavy duty.
    If we had a free cass we would run the length of the class into the wall to annoy the teacher on the other side.
    One time a fella sat in a desk (the joint ones) and we slid him up the isle as fast as possible into the wall.
    the whole thing came crashing down !

Did we go to the same school or was this just a common occurance around the country? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Back in the old days it was next to impossible to sack a teacher. Short of actually murdering a pupil like, they were almost untouchable.
    I wonder is it still like that nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Believe what you want lads, no skin off my nose, but the reason I'm telling the story is because it's exceptional. Obviously I can't offer any evidence, but it's a thread for anecdotes, so it is what it is. It was a school on the northside of Dublin, around 1984 or so. I remember the names of the trainee brother and the kid. Everyone else I know who went to the school at the time knows it happened too, it's been often talked about over the years.

When I was in 4th class, and my brother was in 6th class, one of his classmates literally beat the sh1t out of a 17 or 18 year old in front of all of us. The guy was wearing the uniform of 5th or 6th year (junior cycle wore a different colour) so it definitely could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

joeguevara wrote: »
    When I was in 4th class, and my brother was in 6th class, one of his classmates literally beat the sh1t out of a 17 or 18 year old in front of all of us. The guy was wearing the uniform of 5th or 6th year (junior cycle wore a different colour) so it definitely could happen.

I saw a first year girl from a really rough background "figuratively" punching the head off of a 6th year girl in the hallway one day. The 6th year didn't stand a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,128 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

In primary school we had a stink bomb, people smoking, somebody got pushed into a bin, etc.
    In secondary these a few fireworks and generally fights, etc nothing major tough to be honest.
    I did creep out the PE teacher once. We went to an all boys school and myself and another lad locked ourselves in the changing rooms and the poor PE teacher didn’t know what to say when he unlocked the door to find myself and another lad semi dressed. He thought we were doing something and to be fair to him he never mentioned it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I saw a first year girl from a really rough background literally punching the head off of a 6th year girl in the hallway one day. The 6th year didn't stand a chance.

Literally?

Advertisement