Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sim Only Three Prepay plans half price

Options
  • 07-07-2020 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭

Until 31st October.

https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/prepay/

3 Prepay 20
    €20 reduced to €10 top up every 28 days until 31st Oct 2020.

All You Can Eat Data* (Up to 60GB)
    Unlimited Text messages & Three to Three calls
    60 minutes of calls to other networks
    10GB of Data to use in EU†

Extras if needed 100 minutes €5, 100 international minutes €5.
    +
    3 Prepay 30
    €30 reduced to €15 top up every 28 days until 31st Oct 2020.
    All You Can Eat Data* (up to 60GB)
    Unlimited Text messages & any network calls
    30 minutes of International calls
    14GB of Data to use in EU†

Extras if needed 100 international minutes €5
    +

Any unused credit shall expire 180 days following voucher activation or application of credit to your account. This 180 day expiry period also applies to any credit on your account which has been accumulated on other Three prepay plans if you move to the Plan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

Does this work for existing customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Does this work for existing customers?

If on the keep credit 20 AYCE plan you can change to the new plan and get the offer BUT that's the end of keep credit and you can't go back to the old plan.

If already on the new plan, check in my3 to see if option is there for this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Quick Question i was using a three sim in a router until yesterday moved to vodafone faster speed . I want to hold this three sim as you keep the credit on it old deal will they move me to new deal if i move my number over to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Quick Question i was using a three sim in a router until yesterday moved to vodafone faster speed. I want to hold this three sim as you keep the credit on it old deal will they move me to new deal if i move my number over to it.

If you ported your number to VF then the 3 SIM is deactivated and can't be used any more.

If the 3 SIM is still active (number not ported) then it can stay on the keep credit plan indefinitely if you don't switch to another 3 plan...in other words do nothing to keep the old plan but this offer is unavailable on the old plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 marcuslally2

Also keep in mind you need to deal with 3, probably one of the worst companies to have any interaction with. As good as this bargain may seem avoid 3 at all costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

I’d be just as well with gomo for €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Until 31st October.

3 Prepay 20

+
    3 Prepay 30

+

Any unused credit shall expire 180 days following voucher activation or application of credit to your account. This 180 day expiry period also applies to any credit on your account which has been accumulated on other Three prepay plans if you move to the Plan.
    The old deal was a better deal, €20 unlimited data and keep your credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

is that prepay half price deal for new custoners only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Also keep in mind you need to deal with 3, probably one of the worst companies to have any interaction with. As good as this bargain may seem avoid 3 at all costs.

I think you're confused. Its not with Eir. 3 is a pleasure compared to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

ooter wrote: »
    is that prepay half price deal for new custoners only?

It could be for both. But be careful if your thinking of changing, you move to their new plan you don't keep your credit anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

funny thing, I find Three one of the easiest and quickest to deal with especially on their webchat and the few minor queries I had were dealt with immediately.

Even here on boards you do get a few complaining (usually for things that three can't help with), but pales compared to Virgin and Eir

Whereas Eir - now that deserves its own slot on the Horror Channel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

I've been with 3 since 2005
    Never had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I think you're confused. Its not with Eir. 3 is a pleasure compared to them.

Not based on my recent experience. A simple query about how my credit was being used up is heading to Comreg and probably a data access request under GDPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

MOH wrote: »
    Not based on my recent experience. A simple query about how my credit was being used up is heading to Comreg and probably a data access request under GDPR.

Block access to any and every premium rate number. Takes 30 seconds on the webchat.
    Almost all these "credit being used" queries relate to premium numbers which Three and other providers are obliged to allow collect revenue as part of their licence.
    The customer must request the blocking of premium numbers and its done instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

From their T & C

"New prepay customers not moving their number will receive €10 a month for 12 months"

Does this mean that a new customer can avail of AYCE offer by topping up by €10 per month, once the offer expires on October 31st?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Until 31st October.

3 Prepay 20

+
    3 Prepay 30

+

Dont really get this, it says top up every 28 days then says credit retains for 180 days.

What if you top up not every 28 days lets say every 180 for example.... will it still work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Am I right thinking after the 31st of October the reduced price per month goes back up to the original amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

silver2020 wrote: »
    Block access to any and every premium rate number. Takes 30 seconds on the webchat.
    Almost all these "credit being used" queries relate to premium numbers which Three and other providers are obliged to allow collect revenue as part of their licence.
    The customer must request the blocking of premium numbers and its done instantly.

Fairly sure it's not premium number related - I've never received any iffy texts with signup links.
    But I'd know for sure if Three bothered to actually tell me where my credit was gone, as I'd asked.

First I was told they couldn't, as they don't records details of text messages or websites visited due to data protection. Which is obviously irrelevant.
    Then they told me they'd checked the charges and they were all correctly made for services rendered, so all was fine.
    Then they said no again, as they don't send bills to prepay customers.
    Next they couldn't give me details, as I'm no longer a Three customer (I ported out the last time my 20 quid vanished, but that was a week after I'd first made the request).
    I've twice asked to escalate the issue to a supervisor in line with their code of practice, but they've just ignored that.

So at this stage it's a complaint to Comreg, and probably a DSAR to try to get data from them. Might also request a chargeback for the last 20 euro to see if that prompts them to suddenly discover billing records. Although I'm reluctant to do that since at last some of the charges are bound to be correct.

Given they have a previous history of incorrectly charging prepaid accounts with bogus charges, their reluctance to provide basic information is starting to make me quite suspicious.

Aside from that, I've had other issues with them:
    - They randomly stopped accepting my AIB credit card a few months ago, as it's apparently not Irish.
    - They randomly don't send any notification when your prepaid period is up
    - When you're out of your prepaid period, they unreliably sometimes send text detailing how much you've spent on out of bundle data. These are occasional, and are always late - in once case I was getting them two days after I'd topped up again.
    - Their "new" website is awful - and it doesn't correctly show charges like its supposed to, hence me having to chase them.
    - It was also down two weekends in a row, the second unscheduled, leaving me stuck unable to top up or check my balance when I knew I was low

And I've friends who've been having problems with them too.
    They're not quite as bad as Eir, nobody ever will be, but they're not far off.

I've found 48 far better since moving, including their support.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

listermint wrote: »
    Dont really get this, it says top up every 28 days then says credit retains for 180 days.

What if you top up not every 28 days lets say every 180 for example.... will it still work ?

You can top up with more than 10e; if you top up with 20, then 10 will go for the bundle , and another 10 will stay in account for 180 days.
    Same if you built up loads of credit before, and move to this Plan: in 6 months all is gone ( free money for 3 )

Extras if needed 100 minutes €5, 100 international minutes €5..

pricing the national calls the same as international ones, speak volumes about the real cost of the calls ( calling within ireland costs less than 1 cent, but they prefer to sell it by 5 cents/min)

Out of bundle is 38 cents/min , in line with the other rip-off operators*

* a few parts of economy are untouchable : telecom , insurance , waste charges ( for most people guessing 1 lotto number is easier than finding waste charges on provider's website )

Three's website upgrade fundamentally broke many people's accounts. I was no longer able to top up, view automatic top ups, or access most other aspects of my3. 3 customer care in Ireland couldn't do anything because the technical team isn't in Ireland. After a month waiting for my account to be fixed, I got an SMS saying my problem had been resolved. I tried login, and my 3 account had been deleted.

I swapped over to Virgin three days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

kilsmum wrote: »
    Am I right thinking after the 31st of October the reduced price per month goes back up to the original amount?

Who knows?
    If it's gone back up to a price that doesn't suit on 31st October, then just move
    to another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

I bought one of the sims yesterday in a Three shop for €10 for the first month to use it in a spare Mifi unit I have.
    Then to top up it will cost €20, but €10 of that stays on your credit apparently.

I wonder if I bought another this week to use for next month, would it remain inactivated until I put it in a router/phone or would the 28 days start from when I bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I've been part of three for years on the €20 prepay plan, and not getting to keep credit is fine for €10. There has been many times when I've been out of the bundle after 28 days and forgot to top up, and the credit is sucked up pretty quick. Three never seem to send a text to let you know you're credit is low until it's too late. It's happened so many times and €30/40 can be sucked up in a few minutes, so not keeping credit and getting the service for €10 seems like a perfectly fine deal. I know you can set reminders etc but it's pretty annoying when it happens.

I've never had issues dealing with three customer service and would rather stick with with the main carriers than move to a virtual network. Totally depends on what kind of service and package you need on your phone. Worth mentioning that you can pay for parking/apps/services with you're three credit, so if you're into that it's prob better to stick with the €20 payg

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭smilgy

Was just looking at the website about the plans. Is it right that you get 20 euro per month credit if you port over?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

smilgy wrote: »
    Was just looking at the website about the plans. Is it right that you get 20 euro per month credit if you port over?

Yes but according to the t&c's at the bottom, you can't use it to purchase top up, Apple store purchases and it won't trigger any Three pre pay plan benefits
    It can be used for Android Play Store purchases though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Hi I am trying to use 3 billing on my phone with using a old sim it keeps saying error I changed the phone number in my Google account to this one still don't work what have I to do.
    Fixed the problem i am using a dual sim phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm wondering where the OP found the 60GB limit for data on these plans, I can't locate that info on their website?

I was hoping to purchase a Three simcard to use with a MIFI device however 60GB might be drained using Netflix etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

morchgally wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm wondering where the OP found the 60GB limit for data on these plans, I can't locate that info on their website?

I was hoping to purchase a Three simcard to use with a MIFI device however 60GB might be drained using Netflix etc.

Thanks

Three removed the 60GB fair usage limit a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

Three removed the 60GB fair usage limit a while back

Excellent, thanks very much!

• Advertisement
Advertisement