Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl Powerwasher 2100W with accessories - €99.99

124»

Comments

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's any of these left around Dublin?

One or two in Artaine there on Saturday morning, including plenty of accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Anyone know if there's any of these left around Dublin?

Some in Northwood in Santry still. It's all apartments so not the kind of area where residents would have a need for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks, got one in Greenhills in the end. Have a list of things that need cleaning once the weather is better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I was in a Lidl today and they had one green power washer left. When I google the above make though it shows a yellow power washer. Are these the same washers? I'm thinking of going back tomorrow to buy the washer.
    The green one had what seemed like a reel on the top for the hose, I don't see this on the yellow one in the above link.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

Casey78 wrote: »
    I was in a Lidl today and they had one green power washer left. When I google the above make though it shows a yellow power washer. Are these the same washers? I'm thinking of going back tomorrow to buy the washer.
    The green one had what seemed like a reel on the top for the hose, I don't see this on the yellow one in the above link.

I think that's the petrol one, the one I got is definitely yellow

Edit: Petrol one is green alright
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/product-recommendation/petrol-pressure-washer/p37166

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Mine seems to have fairly sporadic pressure and a lot of the time reduces to a trickle. I think the hose I'm using to connect it might be too long, would that affect pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Mine seems to have fairly sporadic pressure and a lot of the time reduces to a trickle. I think the hose I'm using to connect it might be too long, would that affect pressure?

it has to be a standard garden hose with the wide diameter - the above happened to me also when I used one of those thin self-coiling hoses that have a very narrow bore - handy but no use for this purpose.

The length didn't matter to me though - I put several long hoses together to power wash graffiti off a wall in our estate.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

Yes because of friction loss. Longer hose or smaller diameter decreases output pressure.

Make sure if it's on a coil it's unrolled and no kinks. Also the quick connections that shut off the water when you remove the nozzle are bad for friction, try replacing with a normal connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Anyone know if there is still some of these floating around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is still some of these floating around Dublin?

Last time I saw one it was firmly on the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Looks like Lidl have power washers again on Thursday:

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/diy-deals/pressure-washer/p40364

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

marvin80 wrote: »
    Looks like Lidl have power washers again on Thursday:

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/diy-deals/pressure-washer/p40364

Anyone know if this is the same one that was on sale last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

mailrewop wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is the same one that was on sale last month?

is it any good, my kercher one packed in despite the fact i only used it once or twice.

really pissed off with that. might have been may fault as i was using with a rolled up hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi. I missed the pressure washers at lidl in the last few weeks. Or more so was not quick enough.

Does anybody know when pressure washers could be released again?

Do they normally come round every few months?

does anybody know if the Parkside Patio cleaner PFR 28 A2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M84-tWh9xXs will work with a Nilfisk 110 or 120?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

obi604 wrote: »
    does anybody know if the Parkside Patio cleaner PFR 28 A2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M84-tWh9xXs will work with a Nilfisk 110 or 120?

You will need an adapter, nilfisk to lavor/parkside.

banie01 wrote: »
    You will need an adapter, nilfisk to lavor/parkside.

This is the thing. An adapter comes in the parkside box, but not sure if this works with the Nilfisk

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

obi604 wrote: »
    This is the thing. An adapter comes in the parkside box, but not sure if this works with the Nilfisk

It doesn't, hence the need for a specific one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Lidl have a 2000W one coming up next week.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/great-gardens/2000w-pressure-washer-with-complete-accessory-set/p44884

There is also a 2200W one currently on sale in their shops, cant find it on the leaflet, cost is €149.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Odd, considering there's a hosepipe ban until July 21st. Would make more sense for them to hold it back a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

JDxtra wrote: »
    Odd, considering there's a hosepipe ban until July 21st. Would make more sense for them to hold it back a few weeks.

Gives buyers a chance to build up Foam gun and foam etc.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

BowWow wrote: »
    one currently on sale in their shops, cant find it on the leaflet, cost is €149.99.
    JDxtra wrote: »

Maybe that's why it's not on the leaflet.

Advertisement