Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly a great deal on youtube premium

• 20-12-2018 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Theres a couple of threads out in the wild on if you use a VPN to login to russia and sign up to YT premium you get the rouble price of 199 roubles for a family one if you use revolut which translates as something silly as 3.5 euro a month instead of the actual euro price of 14.99.

use VPN, set to a russian server
    clear cookies and history
    open incognito mode
    Create a new google user for this, Set the location to russia in google,, click on image in top right corner, settings, scroll down to bottom of page and set location from unite states to russia.
    go to https://www.youtube.com/premium
    Try to buy youtube premium and its showing american dollar price.

So what youre supposed to do is put in a russian address which the following is suggested
    City: My City
    Street: My street 1
    State: Tulskaya oblast
    ZIP: 300000

BUT even though Ive confirmed my russian vpn is working youtube wont let me change from the country which is set at "united states" so I can only pay in american dollars.

I have a suspicion either
    1. Its not possible.
    2. the bargain on hukd is a spoof to get you to download the vpn mentioned in the post (probable)
    3. its possibly my VPN, and yt recognises it, so if anyone has a VPN thats not fastestvpn or hola (tried both) could you get on to russia , go to
    https://www.youtube.com/premium
    then sign up for family, go to pay, and try and change the address from united states, if it allows you to change the address see does the currency change..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks op, bought 3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

degsie wrote: »
    Thanks op, bought 3

Greedy b@stard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

YouTube vanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

YouTube vanced.

is that available on non rooted iOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭loki7777

No. Only android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Спасибо ОП

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OP; PureVPN has a Chrome add on. It allows you to select the country that Chrome will think that you're in.

For example;
    YouTube Premium is not available in Romania
    But it is in Finland.
    ₩1-month free trial ₩7,900/month excludes VAT
    No love for Turkey;
    YouTube Premium is not available in Turkey
    Oz;
    3-month free trial $14.99/month

Don't see a Russian option, though.

https://www.purevpn.com/best-vpn-deal - 5 year plan for $1.15 a month. PureVPN has an Android & IOS app.

the_syco wrote: »
    OP; PureVPN has a Chrome add on. It allows you to select the country that Chrome will think that you're in.

For example;

But it is in Finland.

No love for Turkey;

Oz;

Don't see a Russian option, though.

https://www.purevpn.com/best-vpn-deal - 5 year plan for $1.15 a month. PureVPN has an Android & IOS app.

thanks for that, do you mean there isnt a youtube premium in Russia or purevpn doesnt have a server in Russia, Russia is listed as one of the locations that offers yt premium so would be surprised if they only let them pay in dollars .

that said I can go to a russian version of the page and it does look like it only offers it in dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Do people really pay to watch YouTube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭ Raina Teeny Sunbonnet

Phil.x wrote: »
    Do people really pay to watch YouTube

Loads of YouTubers do videos now that allow exclusive access or first access to premium accounts. YouTube themselves are doing original videos (Documentary, TV Shows and movies) aimed at premium accounts. Additionally, premium accounts skip all the ads.

Best features so far is, if you are listing to a music videos on a mobile device and change to a different app. The Audio continues to play in the background unlike it just pausing with your regular account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Additionally, premium accounts skip all the ads.

Best features so far is, if you are listing to a music videos on a mobile device and change to a different app. The Audio continues to play in the background unlike it just pausing with your regular account.

If all you want is these features then YouTube vanced is your man.

Sir Dosser wrote: »

not if you have an iphone apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

I wonder how this will affect being paid for adverts now?

Only last night our youtube channel finally monetised after meeting the ever more difficult criteria.

Have a look and don't be shy to sub if you are interested in Overlanding, camping or product reviews all created in Ireland.

www.youtube.com/donegaloverlanding

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

OmegaGene wrote: »
    What’s the viewer and subscriber number criteria ?

When I started the channel it was simple enough, you just had to have 10,000 minutes of overall view time. Then they changed it to require 100 subscribers. Then LoganPaul made that video with the man in Japan who hung himself in a forest. Shortly afterwards they cracked down hard.

Now its 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of total viewtime in the last 365 days.

I'm there now, but my goodness it has been exceptionally difficult. I know my channel is tiny and wont make much money, but its the principle that made me feel like our hard work was suddenly disregarded and the goal posts were just moving further and further away.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Does anyone know if it is safe to enter your Google credentials on vanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is safe to enter your Google credentials on vanced?

I'm imagine so, what credentials are you talking about?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm imagine so, what credentials are you talking about?

For accessing your YouTube account, which uses your Google credentials. Via MicroG.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    For accessing your YouTube account, which uses your Google credentials. Via MicroG.

Your credentials will be fine.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Ardent

Alternatively, if worried, you can set up a burner google account for signing into YouTube vanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭MentalMario

I've just tried this through nord vpn. Didn't use revolut though. Just used my normal credit card. 199 rubles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

thanks for that, do you mean there isnt a youtube premium in Russia or purevpn doesnt have a server in Russia
    Although it lists Russia on its VPN Server list, it doesn't seem to be an option on it's Chrome extension. It is listed on its android app, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭webpal

I signed up via India using a vpn, it's only INR129 a month which is about 1.60

One downside now is when I grab the kids tablets and shut them off, the bloody thing keeps playing!

Not sure I would pay much more tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

webpal wrote: »

One downside now is when I grab the kids tablets and shut them off, the bloody thing keeps playing!

Don't forget you also get Google Play Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭irishchris

Best feature of youtube premium is getting full access to their music catalogue with play music and yt music along with those listed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

webpal wrote: »

It can be turned off in settings or only happen when headphones are connected. I wouldn't pay full price for it myself but it's worth it for YouTube and Google music.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭bonjurkes

Did anyone manage to buy youtube family premium with this method? If yes, can you send me a PM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

bonjurkes wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to buy youtube family premium with this method? If yes, can you send me a PM ?

Yes but I had added my family members to my Google account before purchasing the family premium account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭xckjoo

bonjurkes wrote: »
    Ya worked fine. Why do you want a PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, I signed up via Indian method (I used tor and switched the ExitNodes to in), zero hassle involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

xckjoo wrote: »
    Ya worked fine. Why do you want a PM?

Think they want one of the family slots.

Advertisement