Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 likely to be man made

• 11-05-2020 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Donald Trump recently stated he has seen evidence that the virus was manufactured in a lab. Its likely classified information for now so he obviously cannot expose such information at this time.
    Mike Pompeo current United States secretary of state
    and former director of the CIA also stated he has seen 'enormous evidence' Covid-19 came from a Chinese lab. Further commenting "I can tell you that there is a significant amount of evidence that this came from that laboratory in Wuhan.”

Very interesting from 2 of the most informed people on the planet.
    When this all get's declassified sh%t will really hit the fan.:o

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/03/mike-pompeo-donald-trump-coronavirus-chinese-laboratory

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52496098

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Trump one of the most informed men on the planet.. disinfectant injections Trump?

I'm embarrassed for you OP

• Registered Users Posts: 16,344 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Pompeo had already backtracked on his comments and let's be honest, if there is enough certainty on the part of Trump to declare it manmade and blame China on the record.

It follows that there is enough evidence to present publically.
    There needs to be transparent and actual evidence presented.
    Trump is a pathological liar, no evidence and these are just the ramblings of a buffoon and his cronies.

Every single other member of the 5 eyes group have said this theory is wrong.
    Yes the Chinese delayed notification and attempted a cover up, but no evidence of made origin whatsoever has been presented.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I expect we will see Splashuum outside the Four Courts tomorrow morning support Gemma and John,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

banie01 wrote: »
    Pompeo had already backtracked on his comments and let's be honest, if there is enough certainty on the part of Trump to declare it manmade and blame China on the record.

It follows that there is enough evidence to present publically.
    There needs to be transparent and actual evidence presented.
    Trump is a pathological liar, no evidence and these are just the ramblings of a buffoon and his cronies.

Every single other member of the 5 eyes group have said this theory is wrong.
    Yes the Chinese delayed notification and attempted a cover up, but no evidence of made origin whatsoever has been presented.
    And if a reporter asked when he would publish said evidence, they would a)be told I'm not talking to your fake news org or b)have their press credentials removed from WH as a warning to other's not to question the commander in chief

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Trump one of the most informed men on the planet.. disinfectant injections Trump?

I'm embarrassed for you OP

I'm embarrassed that you believe POTUS would not be given such intel. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,140 ✭✭✭✭Penn

splashuum wrote: »
    Donald Trump recently stated he has seen evidence that the virus was manufactured in a lab. Its likely classified information for now so he obviously cannot expose such information at this time.
    Mike Pompeo current United States secretary of state
    and former director of the CIA also stated he has seen 'enormous evidence' Covid-19 came from a Chinese lab. Further commenting "I can tell you that there is a significant amount of evidence that this came from that laboratory in Wuhan.”

Very interesting from 2 of the most informed people on the planet.
    When this all get's declassified sh%t will really hit the fan.:o

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/03/mike-pompeo-donald-trump-coronavirus-chinese-laboratory

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52496098

They didn't admit it was man-made, they implied it was man-made, and they did so with no back-up evidence of same.

They're trying to imply the virus was man-made so they have more of an excuse to blame China for the virus as a whole, and therefore the number of deaths in the US from the virus is all China's fault, rather than being exaccerbated by the poor response to the virus from the Trump administration.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Moved to conspiracy theories forum. xl9hyAS.gif

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: Moved to conspiracy theories forum. xl9hyAS.gif

Sorry, how this this thread warrant going to the conspiracy theories forum ?
    This thread is about ACTUAL comments made by the POTUS.

All articles linked came from major news sites. Quotes came from CIA director.
    Is it protocol that anything mods disagree with now automatically get dumped to the conspiracy theories forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Is it protocol that anything mods disagree with now automatically get dumped to the conspiracy theories forum

I not sure why people think it's even a conspiracy. There a known virus lab in Wuhan and the scientists there researched Bat diseases. Some in the media have an agenda are only listening to the certain experts who claim it came from the wild.
    This report from a couple of days ago is interesting.

Mobile activity shutdown inside the facility there was likely a "breach" and workers were removed and teams were send in to close it down and do a clean-up
    The dates suggest China known about a virus since October.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/09/us-uk-intelligence-agencies-examining-report-mobile-phone-data/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I not sure why people think it's even a conspiracy. There a known virus lab in Wuhan and the scientists there researched Bat diseases. Some in the media have an agenda are only listening to the certain experts who claim it came from the wild.
    This report from a couple of days ago is interesting.

Mobile activity shutdown inside the facility there was likely a "breach" and workers were removed and teams were send in to close it down and do a clean-up
    The dates suggest China known about a virus since October.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/09/us-uk-intelligence-agencies-examining-report-mobile-phone-data/

If pretty much anyone other than Trump brought this up, there's a chance people may have taken it a bit more seriously, particularly if it was brought up in a factual manner and not straight to blame the way this dipsh1t does it.

• Advertisement

Lurching wrote: »
    If pretty much anyone other than Trump brought this up, there's a chance people may have taken it a bit more seriously, particularly if it was brought up in a factual manner and not straight to blame the way this dipsh1t does it.

That’s true. However Pompeo has suggested the same thing the virus may have come from the lab. Do you believe them?
    It’s reported a team of private experts have seen mobile phone data and all the phone activity was shut down between Oct 7th and 24th of October inside the facility. The remarked it was strange since there was phone activity up to these dates.

Must experts claim it came from the wild and talk about a lab leak is a conspiracy (Hollywood stuff to them) we now in that situation.
    The ignore the Wet Market and Lab are close by to each other and there no proof bats were even sold in the market. A paper early in Jan found no bats were sold in Wuhan.
    Scientists’ current theory the virus was passed from a Bat to another animal and then a human got it and spread it. They have no evidence for this either.
    What we do know it’s a genetic similarity to SARs found in Bats about 80 per cent. There about 20 percent genetic difference and this a new virus.

Scientists were extracting the virus from Bats and placing the sequence in vials- the sealer could have broke by accident and leaked.
    The theory people prefer some guy/woman eat the wrong animal and they got sick.
    Both theories are not crazy, but the lab theory hold water till disproven,

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,823 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They can only "admit" to something they are responsible for. They can make claims, but let's face it you have to take anything Trump claims with a pinch of salt. I'm pretty confident he can convince a CIA Director to support his "claim"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,706 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's Trump. He is attacking the Chinese in order to deflect from his bad handling of the pandemic. US intelligence contradicts his view (as usual)

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's Trump. He is attacking the Chinese in order to deflect from his bad handling of the pandemic. US intelligence contradicts his view (as usual)

Few things are lining up now with European sports people reporting the felt sick after returning from Wuhan in October. Way before the date we thought, the virus started in China.

If mobile phone activity ceased in the virus facility for three weeks in October, something happened. There was no workers there doing things as normal.

I do agree, Trump not a reliable source, but i think we can agree China not revealing the whole truth here.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Few things are lining up now with European sports people reporting the felt sick after returning from Wuhan in October. Way before the date we thought, the virus started in China.

....but i think we can agree China not revealing the whole truth here.

World military games where in Wuhan last October, French team got very ill when they returned home. Could it be a Chinese bio weapon to infect the athletes who then return home and infect the rest of the military and cripple the countries defence?
    https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/coronavirus-france-fears-virus-may-have-spread-in-october-after-military-games-in-wuhan/news-story/b55680fc3b6a11b8c258317d3454961b

da_miser wrote: »
    World military games where in Wuhan last October, French team got very ill when they returned home. Could it be a Chinese bio weapon to infect the athletes who then return home and infect the rest of the military and cripple the countries defence?
    https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/coronavirus-france-fears-virus-may-have-spread-in-october-after-military-games-in-wuhan/news-story/b55680fc3b6a11b8c258317d3454961b

I think most informed people realise now that the virus has been circulating for longer than we first thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

If only Chy-Na had told the world sooner, it would not be near as bad as it currently is

da_miser wrote: »

I not on board with the Chinese bio-weapon narrative. Need more information!
    There plenty of evidence Wuhan-B4 lab researched pathogens detected in bats and other animals.
    It very possible they discovered a new virus and studied it in the lab and somehow it leaked out. 
    It also possible the virus originated in the Market. I have a problem when a large group of scientists totally dismiss the theory of a lab leak. 

I have a problem when a large group of scientists totally dismiss the theory of a lab leak. 

Of course you do. You literally believe you know as much if not more than a wide body of virologists and scientists who have found that it's highly likely the virus was not man-made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Of course you do. You literally believe you know as much if not more than a wide body of virologists and scientists who have found that it's highly likely the virus was not man-made.
    Architecture, Physics, History and now Micro-biology.

Is there a field of study where cheerful isn't more qualified and knowledgeable than every single expert in the field?

King Mob wrote: »
    Architecture, Physics, History and now Micro-biology.

Is there a field of study where cheerful isn't more qualified and knowledgeable than every single expert in the field?

But wait, through some snippets of news I've read I make up scripts for world events in my head, therefore everyone else does, including the experts. So mine is "as good as theirs".

Did i say it was totally man made?
    I said covid-19 has a genetic similarity to bats pathogens.
    It likely is a bat or animal disease. I don't rule out the studied it and may have tinkered with it.

But wait, through some snippets of news I've read I make up scripts for world events in my head, therefore everyone else does, including the experts. So mine is "as good as theirs".

I never said the professionals are wrong the pathogen came from a bat or another animal. Where I have a dispute is some experts claim an animal disease could not have leaked out. There is a sizeable difference.

What makes them so sure a bat disease  could not have infected people at the Wuhan lab, an incident took place, and  China covered it up?

This the same China and WHO who said there was no human to human transmission. What the ****? How were all these people in unique countries getting it then? The same WHO advised countries to not close their airports, the risk was low.  I posted in current affairs, at the time calling out that decision, and other people were praising it and saying WHO knows more then others. People were getting banned for going against the WHO at the time, i said **** that., i posted anyway. 

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

This the same China and WHO who said there was no human to human transmission. What the ****? How were all these people in unique countries getting it then? The same WHO advised countries to not close their airports, the risk was low. 

Its almost like people can make wrong decisions or just make the best one with their available data.

What makes the difference though is willingness to change your decisions and go with updated data and research. But then of course, people use that to attack them too........

Though thats the difference with the conspiracy theory folks. They're always right and no amount of evidence or lack of it will change their mind.

Its almost like people can make wrong decisions or just make the best one with their available data.

What makes the difference though is willingness to change your decisions and go with updated data and research. But then of course, people use that to attack them too........

Though thats the difference with the conspiracy theory folks. They're always right and no amount of evidence or lack of it will change their mind.

No it was common sense this would happen. You don’t close a province down in China with 60 million people for nothing. This was all predictable in early Jan. Some people just woke up to the fact too late and now every country in Europe got it and now making excuses we did not have enough data and so on., bull****. This is type of talk and excuses is why we end up in messes in the first place, the alarmists are ignored, and the so called rational people are listened to.
    Lot of Conspiracy folks claim Covid-19 does not exist and its all hoax. I don’t believe that, but you find plenty of threads online claiming it all fake. 

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

Various scientists have now come out and said that it's very likely that Covid 19 is a man made virus.

In April we have the French Nobel Price winning Scientist Luc Montagnier claiming that the SARS-CoV-2 virus came from a lab, and is the result of an attempt to manufacture a vaccine against the AIDS virus.

French Nobel prize winning scientist has sparked a fresh controversy by claiming that the SARS-CoV-2 virus came from a lab, and is the result of an attempt to manufacture a vaccine against the AIDS virus.

In May we have Australian Scientists at Latrobe University in Melbourne basically explaining how nearly impossible that such a virus has occurred naturally in Nature.

In Augest we have the President of the World academy of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies publishing a book called COVID 19: La Chimera che ha cambiato il Mondo (China COVID 19: The chimera that changed the world).

In the book he demonstrates how the PLA-owned coronavirus was genetically modified to become the Covid 19 virus which is now ravaging the world.

He also links the Wuhan Lab to France and the US as they both provided financial and scientific aid to the Chinese as they conducted more dangerous bio engineering experiments.

He does advise that while they might have collaborated that they are not responsible for the end result but it might be the reason why so many insist that the virus must come from nature as the last thing they would want to admit is that they had a hand in creating it.

He also advises that in vaccine development, reverse genetics is used to create viral strains that have reduced pathogenicity to which the immune system responds by creating antibodies against the virus. Reverse genetics can also be used to create viral strains that have increased pathongenicity thus becoming bio weapons. This type of research is considered too dangerous by the west which is why it was shifted to China.

China has refused to give the completed genome of the virus to Who and other countries as according to Dr. Tritto doing so would mean admitting that the virus was created in a laboratory. He concludes from this that any companies that are developing a vaccines will never be 100% effective and at most be able to cover at best 4-5 strains.

This is why you get companies saying that their vaccines is only 50% effective, as the maximum they could get to is maybe 70-75% effective.

So basically china by withholding the genetic code of the virus that it created ensures that no completely effective vaccine will ever be created in the West.

I'm interested to know what your guys views on this?

Should these scientists be ignored as crackpots just seeking media attention and what they are saying is so completely crazy that it can't be true.

Or should we listen to them and actually investigate what is really going on in the World.

Is an actual investigation into these things actually impossible with so many powerful invested interests that are going to make billions out of this?

Why are the media so quick to silence and ridicule people who dare to question these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

NaFirinne wrote: »
    .Why are the media so quick to silence and ridicule people who dare to question these things?

For the same reason that your post will be ridiculed and vilified on Boards.

I am not a scientist so I don't fully understand the genetics behind the virus which causes COVID-19. I also cannot understand why so many heavy handed control measures bordering on Martial Law were brought in worldwide because of this virus. People were first told to wear gloves but were not told to dispose of them in a special biohazard unit. Now people are being told to wear mask and have not been told to dispose of them in a special biohazard unit. The advice from governments all over the world changes all the time like they're making it up as they go along. The only thing that doesn't change is people's lack of freedom.

The Covid-19 crisis is a dictatorial megalomaniac's wet dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Various scientists have now come out and said that it's very likely that Covid 19 is a man made virus.
    But the vast majority of scientists involved in the actually issue don't say this.

Are they all involved in the conspiracy?

Why should we trust random scientists who are disagreeing with the consensus?
    Especial since at least one of them has a profit motive in selling a controversial book?

How about all the "scientists" and "experts" who also claimed that SARS, MERS, Ebola, Zika and AIDS are all man made? Should be believe all of them too?
    Why are the media so quick to silence and ridicule people who dare to question these things?
    Well for one, they aren't being silenced.
    And they aren't "questioning things".
    They are making false or unsupported claims. So yes, they should be ridiculed for that. Much like the cranks who claimed the exact same stuff about every other major disease in the last few decades.

• Advertisement

Emme wrote: »
    I also cannot understand why so many heavy handed control measures bordering on Martial Law were brought in worldwide because of this virus.

To combat the pandemic
    People were first told to wear gloves but were not told to dispose of them in a special biohazard unit. Now people are being told to wear mask and have not been told to dispose of them in a special biohazard unit. The advice from governments all over the world changes all the time like they're making it up as they go along.

Yes, that's because we are making up some things as we go along. Pandemics aren't new, but the scale/size/type of this particular one in this modern society is fairly unprecedented
    The only thing that doesn't change is people's lack of freedom.

Covid19 doesn't care about your freedom, your world views or your political persuasions.

Advertisement