Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being asked by PayPal to contact the Gardai!

• 08-03-2021 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

So I have a claim in with PayPal on an item worth roughly €600. Here's what I got from them today:

"Please provide any information we ask you to send us within 10 days. If we don't hear back from you within this time frame, we may decide this case in the seller’s favor.
    To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice.

Filing a report with a law enforcement agency or government organization

Contact a law enforcement agency or other governmental organization (either in person or online) to report the issue
    Report specific details regarding the item you received
    You must obtain a copy of a report from the law enforcement agency or governmental organization and provide it to PayPal
    The report must contain the following information:
    It should be on the agency's or organization's letterhead or contain a stamp or seal or some other information that indicates the report is official documentation
    It should clearly explain the details of your issue
    It must include the agency's or organization's contact information
    Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller."

Anyone had a similar experience!?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It would probably help to explain what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

whiterebel wrote: »
    It would probably help to explain what happened.
    Sorry, I received a damaged item. It's a 500ml bottle from a french niche perfume company. The box of the item is stained from what I'm presuming is some sort of leakage from the inside. I havent broken the seal and removed the item. I escalated it to a claim because the company pretty much ignored me.

sugarman wrote: »
    So not a criminal matter then, just highlight that to PayPal.

Somehow I don't think that will be very straightforward. Even if you do get through to a human being it's not much different than talking with a robot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Something lost in translation.

Send a reply with bullet points.

Item not as described.
    Damaged on delivery
    Company not willing to correct the issue

Send it at 8am in the morning and there's a reasonable chance someone in Blanchardstown will deal with it

But also if sending any correspondence to the French company, again, keep it simple, but put it in French (google translate0

So PayPal have said I'll get a refund if I return the item. How do you go about returning a leaking 500ml bottle of a flammable liquid to France?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Dublinandy3

up4dabah wrote: »
    So PayPal have said I'll get a refund if I return the item. How do you go about returning a leaking 500ml bottle of a flammable liquid to France?

Pop it in a box and send it back. PayPal will refund the return postage, I've done it several times. If it doesn't reach the person as long as you have proof you sent it via a trackable method, PayPal will still refund, again happened to me a few times.

Bit of a ball ache but you'll get all you cash plus the extra you paid to send it back.

Hi, I handed over a package to DHL today and just checked the shipping. It says 'returned to shipper'. I never received the item back? It's an expensive item so this has me worried that it has been stolen or returned to the wrong address. I can't contact DHL at the moment as it's closed. Anyone ever experience this?

Mod You already have a thread here. Don't cross post please.

Pop it in a box and send it back. PayPal will refund the return postage, I've done it several times. If it doesn't reach the person as long as you have proof you sent it via a trackable method, PayPal will still refund, again happened to me a few times.

Bit of a ball ache but you'll get all you cash plus the extra you paid to send it back.
    Sent it with DHL today. Just checked tracking and it says 'returned to shipper'. Never got it returned to me. Total nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

A "leaking 500ml bottle of a flammable liquid" would very likely be prohibited.

VG31 wrote: »
    A "leaking 500ml bottle of a flammable liquid" would very likely be prohibited.
    I know but what other choice did I have? I was out of options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Dublinandy3

up4dabah wrote: »
    I know but what other choice did I have? I was out of options

That doesn't matter, you have attempted to send ti back so you'll get your refund. I've sent things back knowing full well they won't get there just so I get my refund.

Advertisement