Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How long to get a TAN

Options
  • 03-03-2021 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

I'm asking on behalf of a UK supplier of ours. They were experiencing quite a delay in getting their VAT number and are now looking to get a TAN but they are seeing some delays again. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get this processed. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

hairyslug wrote: »
    I'm asking on behalf of a UK supplier of ours. They were experiencing quite a delay in getting their VAT number and are now looking to get a TAN but they are seeing some delays again. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get this processed. Thanks

I am wondering why your supplier needs a TAN account? Are their products subject to Duty? As in, the products they import are not manufactured in the UK?
    If there is only VAT payable they should avail of Postponed Accounting and account for the VAT in their periodic VAT return. That avoids paying the VAT on importation and then claim it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

RUDOLF289 wrote: »
    I am wondering why your supplier needs a TAN account? Are their products subject to Duty? As in, the products they import are not manufactured in the UK?
    If there is only VAT payable they should avail of Postponed Accounting and account for the VAT in their periodic VAT return. That avoids paying the VAT on importation and then claim it back.

Thanks for getting back. Most of their stock will be manufactured in China. Tbh, I'm not exactly sure of their circumstances (just trying to help them so I can get stock a little quicker), they are using a 3rd party in Ireland for their tax so I don't know if this a delay with Irish revenue or with the 3rd party.

Advertisement