Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 week short PRSI for maternity leave

• 02-03-2021 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Just found out I am pregnant. I am a full time student but had a job until last week. I rang the maternity benefit section and was told that unless I work for 39 weeks this year, I won't qualify for maternity benefit based on two relevant tax years due to being short 1 week's PRSI contributions in one of the years they use to calculate it (25 out of 26 required weeks in 2019).

I was just laid off last week and now on the PUP which ends on June 30. So unless I have/find a job in July while 6 months pregnant I am not getting maternity benefit. Baby is due in October. Is there any other payment I can qualify for when the baby is born besides the €140 child benefit and rent supplement?

Comments

Advertisement