Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PostNL-who delivers in Ireland?

• 23-02-2021 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know who delivers for PostNL in Ireland? I'm expecting a parcel posted in The Netherlands on the 12th and 'shipment sent to country of destination' on the 18th. The tracking number starts with 3SMYPA and does not end with NL like a typical An Post tracking number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I would be interested in this as well. I also have a parcel that was sent on the 18th. from this link it appears that their shipping times are dreadful

https://www.trackingmore.com/postnl-parcels-nl-to-ie-en-how-long-will-dhl-take-to-get-a-package-from-netherlands-to-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

3SMYPA0000000

^Like that? Thats An Post. The code is a POST NL International ref that either has a second label with a UPU code or will be relabeled by AnPost on arrival. Used to get a lot of them but if the PostNL page doesnt show the secondary code then you just get a nice surprise when it arrives.

ED E wrote: »
    3SMYPA0000000

^Like that? Thats An Post. The code is a POST NL International ref that either has a second label with a UPU code or will be relabeled by AnPost on arrival. Used to get a lot of them but if the PostNL page doesnt show the secondary code then you just get a nice surprise when it arrives.

the one I am waiting on is 3SYZXG with no secondary code. Guess I just have to sit and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭sunbeam

ED E wrote: »
    3SMYPA0000000

Thanks, yes exactly like that. I messaged their customer care on Twitter who told me they had no idea who delivered for them in Ireland. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭beachhead

I receive PostNL as normal post delivered by An Post.No codes,no reference numbers.They are letters and packages though.They have permit numbers on some-not for tracking.Are all the posts referring to parcels,boxes?

• Advertisement

Mine is a coat. Not sure if they put in in a package or a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Used to get 15KG boxes under the same service, 99% sure they were given CE000000000IEs within country (Courier post for larger/heavier items).

I received my parcel (box) today. No further tracking showed on the PostNL website or with An Post until it reached my local post office this morning.

My parcel finally arrived today. 13 days between shipment sent to country of destination and shipment received in country of destination. I reckon it got stuffed in with the piles of post that come from China via NL and sat with those for nearly 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

Ok, this is an old thread, but good to hear of user experiences. I'm waiting on a PostNL package that left NL 4 days ago, sounds like I'll be waiting a while. Damn website (NL company) said 3-8 days for Ireland deliveries but the item was drop-shipped from China! Ordered it on 11/11, arrived NL on 28/11

Wont be using them again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I got a post NL package last month, was delivered by DPD.

Advertisement