Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ikea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Yesterday I putting together an order and as I was adding to it I was checking the delivery date and cost.

It never changed from Friday 22nd of January but when I went to pay it changed to “sorry we can’t deliver to your eircode right now or a store nearby”.

Now I get that message for anything I put in the checkout. Are others getting this too? Have IKEA stopped online shopping?
    been getting that for a few days now with different eircodes both Dublin and non Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Yeah just tried and it's same for me. I put in an order last week so I know it's not a problem with my eircode. I'm guessing they are under so much logistics pressure they've had to stop orders for now to try get on top of it.

On the other it could be a precursor to them pulling out of Ireland altogether but I'd be very surprised if that was the case. Like a lot of other retailers they probably just need time to get a hang of the new customs processes.

I placed an order last week that is due the 29th so I should have expected something to go wrong when this week an order showing it would deliver on the 22nd.

It is real pain as it would have the last I need to order from them for this room but I suppose if the order had gone through then I could end up with no actual delivery for them at all.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    been getting that for a few days now with different eircodes both Dublin and non Dublin

That is odd. Why was there an available delivery date for me early in the day?

It should have been giving me that same no delivery message all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Two times I've ordered, and two times they have cancelled on the day the delivery was due.

They send an email from a no reply address to say "sorry, we can't fulfill your order and we don't know when it will be back in stock". I monitored the site to see when it was back in stock; when it was back in stock and it allowed me to order, I then ordered.

10 days later, the expected delivery day comes, cancelled.

What I found out on this occasion was that two of my items were put aside by a staff member for a member of their family when they came in to Dublin a few days after my order. The chap I spoke to apologised that it happened but said the goods were physically gone so there nothing he could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Just tried adding a few things in the basket to chance delivery. "No delivery option for this address" was the message i got. Clearly got lucky with the delivery yesterday. I hope though they get it sorted soon.

• Advertisement

magicEye wrote: »
    Just tried adding a few things in the basket to chance delivery. "No delivery option for this address" was the message i got. Clearly got lucky with the delivery yesterday. I hope though they get it sorted soon.

I’m going to have to go looking elsewhere. Aliexpress has the what could be the perfect stand for my projector but there is no option to contact the seller and apparently aliexpress doesn’t allow PayPal

myshirt wrote: »
    Two times I've ordered, and two times they have cancelled on the day the delivery was due.

They send an email from a no reply address to say "sorry, we can't fulfill your order and we don't know when it will be back in stock". I monitored the site to see when it was back in stock; when it was back in stock and it allowed me to order, I then ordered.

10 days later, the expected delivery day comes, cancelled.

What I found out on this occasion was that two of my items were put aside by a staff member for a member of their family when they came in to Dublin a few days after my order. The chap I spoke to apologised that it happened but said the goods were physically gone so there nothing he could do.

I just read in the the Irish Times website that many have experienced a service similar to yours.

So I’m guessing my order from last week is also going to be cancelled.

I would cancel and go elsewhere but a recent order reform Argos has been stuck in customs for over a week so I don’t know if it is worth going elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

I was able to place an order for delivery via the App just yesterday with a delivery date of Feb 19th to the Dublin area. Hopefully they have their act together by then.

I was able to place an order for delivery via the App just yesterday with a delivery date of Feb 19th to the Dublin area. Hopefully they have their act together by then.

I am also using the app but no deliveries are happening.

What part of the country are you in?

Once the problems in the U.K. started IKEA should have immediately stopped shipping goods from there to Ireland and instead started shipping them from other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Once the problems in the U.K. started IKEA should have immediately stopped shipping goods from there to Ireland and instead started shipping them from other countries.

It's not as simple as that as fire safety standards in the UK and Ireland are higher than in the EU so a lot of products in European warehouses won't meet our standards and can't be sold here.

dan1895 wrote: »
    It's not as simple as that as fire safety standards in the UK and Ireland are higher than in the EU so a lot of products in European warehouses won't meet our standards and can't be sold here.

Those products are irrelevant as products that they can’t sell in Ireland won’t appear on the Irish IKEA website anyway.

What courier company is handling the IKEA orders that are getting delivered?

Please tell me that Fastway are not not involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

What courier company is handling the IKEA orders that are getting delivered?

Please tell me that Fastway are not not involved.

DPD for smaller stuff (not big furniture), seems like their own guys for bigger stuff

Those products are irrelevant as products that they can’t sell in Ireland won’t appear on the Irish IKEA website anyway.

Take a fabric coated chair for example. The one that appears on the Irish site has a ski unique to the uk and Ireland. If you order it, it can only come from the uk warehouse as it is not stocked in the EU ones.

DPD for smaller stuff (not big furniture), seems like their own guys for bigger stuff

Thanks. DPD is good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,044 ✭✭✭✭looksee

looksee wrote: »
    If you are waiting for an online delivery from Ikea you should probably ring them and ask what is happening.

I ordered on 3 Jan, delivery expected 8th. Ok this was a bit optimistic but that is what I was told and there has been no information to the contrary.

However by today I had not received any notification of impending delivery so I rang them. In fairness I got through quickly and the person I spoke to was calm and helpful. He said, yes we are having a lot of issues with Irish customers, I will reinstate your order. ??? Reinstate? Anyway he did it and said delivery would be 22nd January. Lots of hold ups at ports and they didn't seem to have much information themselves. It appears (though he would not/could not say) that the stuff is coming from UK, or why would there be delays? Why is it going through the UK to get to here?

I can understand that there are problems between covid and Brexit, but some communication would help. They could have notified me that the date of the 8th was irrelevant.

I had prior to this had an email saying that the stuff I was waiting for was 'in stock', so I ordered. A bit of clarity would be very good for customer relations.

My order was delivered yesterday - 22nd, as promised. They notified me about 2 days before that it was coming and the evening before delivery they confirmed it. Then on day of delivery I got an excellent little link that took me with the van across country on a live basis till it arrived. Delivery by Ikea. All good.

I’m trying to create an order but encounter a very odd problem.

I was getting a delivery date of 7th of March so I removed items until I found the product that was getting such a far away date.

I assumed it was something out of stock however thy have over 20 in stock.

So what cause such a delay?

I’m trying to create an order but encounter a very odd problem.

I was getting a delivery date of 7th of March so I removed items until I found the product that was getting such a far away date.

I assumed it was something out of stock however thy have over 20 in stock.

So what cause such a delay?

By over 20 in stock, I assume you mean over 20 in stock in Dublin? Online orders are shipped form the UK.

By over 20 in stock, I assume you mean over 20 in stock in Dublin? Online orders are shipped form the UK.

I thought that too but I am waiting on another order and a customer service agent told it was coming from Dublin.

The delay on that does only make sense in it is from the U.K.

• Advertisement

I thought that too but I am waiting on another order and a customer service agent told it was coming from Dublin.

The delay on that does only make sense in it is from the U.K.

I was also told by a customer service agent that my order was coming from Dublin but some people here seem certain that that can't be the case. Who knows.

When you order online the default is for the order to be shipped from a distribution center in the UK. However if there is plenty of stock of everything in the Dublin store the system will recognize this and the order will go through Dublin.

When you order online the default is for the order to be shipped from a distribution center in the UK. However if there is plenty of stock of everything in the Dublin store the system will recognize this and the order will go through Dublin.

Are you saying that as speculation or as a fact? Other people seemed quite confident that that wasn't the case.

Are you saying that as speculation or as a fact? Other people seemed quite confident that that wasn't the case.

100% fact

What you linked to is how it used to be this time last year.

100% fact

What you linked to is how it used to be this time last year.

That's what I thought. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

Waiting on a replacement item since November, finally the wife spoke to someone and they said apparently fastway have marked it as delivered this week...

Great apart from the fact we never received anything. So be prepared if fastway are now involved in their operations

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

FluffPiece wrote: »
    Waiting on a replacement item since November, finally the wife spoke to someone and they said apparently fastway have marked it as delivered this week...

Great apart from the fact we never received anything. So be prepared if fastway are now involved in their operations
    Have you checked with your neighbours?

Fastway delivered a package (not Ikea) before Christmas to my neighbours, had it recorded as delivered to me, idiot neighbours never thought it might be an idea to tell me until I asked a week later when the company were about to despatch a replacement order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I placed an order on December 30th with delivery due on January 20th. When I check the track and trace on the IKEA website, it says the delivery is on its way. There is also a tracking link on the page which brings me to DPD UK which says they’ve received my order details but not yet received the package. My order didn’t arrive on Wednesday so I rang IKEA on Thursday and was told the order was delayed due to customs in the UK. The woman I was speaking to gave me 3 tracking numbers for An Post for my order but said they weren’t yet live as An Post hadn’t received the package yet. She couldn’t tell me when to expect my order and as of now, the tracking numbers with An Post still aren’t showing anything :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Have you checked with your neighbours?

Fastway delivered a package (not Ikea) before Christmas to my neighbours, had it recorded as delivered to me, idiot neighbours never thought it might be an idea to tell me until I asked a week later when the company were about to despatch a replacement order.

Yeah checked with the closest neighbour and no joy, even checked all around the outside the house in case it was chucked down there.

I'm thinking the guy delivering has probably recorded it as delivered but is only intending on delivering it in the upcoming days if he has more on his route this way.

• Advertisement

If that is the case it clearly isn’t affecting the delivery times.

I ordered two weeks ago. Delivery is supposed to be Friday. There are 4 of them in stock in Dublin. No one has gone into the store to get one and speed up my order.

Advertisement