Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon prime

Options
  • 13-12-2020 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Hi as above, item says prime free delivery but when it's in baskets its adding delivery charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Is amazon fulfilling the order

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

What item is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

VG31 wrote: »
    What item is it?

A small bubble level for turntables it says free delivery then fulfilled by another company just wonder why it says free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

A small bubble level for turntables it says free delivery then fulfilled by another company just wonder why it says free delivery

Probably free delivery in UK only

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Cheers for replys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

I was looking to buy a movie on DVD from Amazon.
    As well as the DVD and Blu-Ray version it also lists a HD version available to buy on Prime Video.
    Is that for subscribers to Prime Video only or can be people with no Prime or Prime Video subscriptions also buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

You can't buy digital content unless you have a card registered to a UK billing address on your account. It doesn't make any difference whether you're a prime member or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭donalh087

I presume everyone in Ireland is cancelling their Amazon Prime account? Is there any point after Brexit?

I've had mine for a couple of years now and cancelled it today - what fun it was figuring out how to cancel it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

donalh087 wrote: »
    I presume everyone in Ireland is cancelling their Amazon Prime account? Is there any point after Brexit?

I've had mine for a couple of years now and cancelled it today - what fun it was figuring out how to cancel it !!

The received wisdom is that Amazon deliveries including Prime up to €150 will be unaffected as Irish VAT is already applied and customs duty is only applied above a value of €150. Highly likely Amazon will apply customs duty automatically for items above that figure, which will mean you will pay it at checkout and won't have to worry about paying it to An Post etc.

So no, I don't think everyone is cancelling Prime. I'm certainly not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

nephster wrote: »
    The received wisdom is that Amazon deliveries including Prime up to €150 will be unaffected as Irish VAT is already applied and customs duty is only applied above a value of €150. Highly likely Amazon will apply customs duty automatically for items above that figure, which will mean you will pay it at checkout and won't have to worry about paying it to An Post etc.

So no, I don't think everyone is cancelling Prime. I'm certainly not yet.

Yeah, I'm happy to keep my prime for at least the next month or two to see how things work out. Obviously, if there are customs issues, then I'll kill the subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Dub81

Have to say Prime is a great service, although in the event of a no deal brexit i wonder if it will be worth getting again next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm keeping Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I certainly wouldn't cancel it without first seeing how things pan out first. To do so would seem a tad premature.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭diggerdigger

Just got an email from Amazon saying because of Brexit blah blah I can't get UK content on prime when outside the UK.

I think there is a lot of good stuff on Amazon, but there is a load of ****e too. The primevideo.com content is miserable.

Kinda think the needle has swing too far, and I'm going to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Just got an email from Amazon saying because of Brexit blah blah I can't get UK content on prime when outside the UK.

I think there is a lot of good stuff on Amazon, but there is a load of ****e too. The primevideo.com content is miserable.

Kinda think the needle has swing too far, and I'm going to cancel.

Just got this too. Looks like it won't be worthwhile keeping it at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭migrant

Hi as above, item says prime free delivery but when it's in baskets its adding delivery charge?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I wonder, for packages that would attract customs, if you are purchasing from Amazon UK, but they fulfil it from their Dublin warehouse (think they have one), would that be deemed to be a purchase from Europe rather than UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

I wonder, for packages that would attract customs, if you are purchasing from Amazon UK, but they fulfil it from their Dublin warehouse (think they have one), would that be deemed to be a purchase from Europe rather than UK?

Amazon pay/charge Irish vat rate on orders.

Dublin site is for deliveries only, not a fulfillment centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Just logged into Amazon Prime and nothing is working!

The shows I was watching just lastnight say "this title is not yet available in your current location"

Anyone know if this is temporary?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Just logged into Amazon Prime and nothing is working!

The shows I was watching just lastnight say "this title is not yet available in your current location"

Anyone know if this is temporary?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058035918&page=15

Last few pages should explain it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

whiterebel wrote: »

Ok so I changed my location to Ireland but all my watch list is gone including the Patty Hearst documentary I was watching!

I searched and it's not on Irish prime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Ok so I changed my location to Ireland but all my watch list is gone including the Patty Hearst documentary I was watching!

I searched and it's not on Irish prime

You only had access to the UK library because of an EU rule. It stated that you could access your streaming service as if at home, while in another EU country. GB left the EU last night so that ended that perk.

Check your location in Devices and Content. Should be Ireland.

A Smart DNS server may help access UK content again but I haven't done any testing of them myself, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Wheety wrote:
    A Smart DNS server may help access UK content again but I haven't done any testing of them myself, yet.

I've been using smart dns for years & never an issue. I have full UK content. You can also get iplayer & others free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

So in general are people cancelling their .co.uk Prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'm going to hold off another month to see if the delivery times improve and if 3rd party sellers on Amazon start to get their act together and stop charging both UK & Irish VAT.

An situation that has improved is the amount of items that will ship to ROI in the first place, it was very poor in the immediate days after Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

The issue with amazon isn't just limited to 3rd party sellers from what I can see. I always purchased whiskas pouches from amazon with the order stating "dispatched from and sold by Amazon".

If I go to purchase them now they show as "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." If I put in my UK addresses I can get delivery by 14th January for the mainland and 15th January for NI. I'm failing to see the benefits of a prime sub tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Just a heads up for anyone with a student email address. You can get 6 months prime for free, then half price after that for so long.

The site says it must be a .ac.uk email, but I found it works with TUdublin.ie

Free is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Probably free delivery in UK only

I normally order senseo coffee pads off Amazon, and their delivery has always had multiple sellers (fulfilled by Amazon) eligible for Prime delivery to Ireland. Today none of those sellers are available unless I change my delivery to a UK adddress like parcel motel (which I obviously can't any more). When I put address to Dublin again, those sellers no longer available and only a couple of sellers with a £4.99 delivery charge.

So..what is going on here? Why would all the Prime eligible deliveries only apply to the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

The delivery times have gone really bad as well now. Almost 2 weeks for some things I have ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

All appearing 25th or 26th for me, alright.

Advertisement