Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Franchises treating their Market Audience like children, selling white goods, stat

• 02-07-2020 2:19pm

In light of Covid 19 all bricks and mortar stores have had to adjust.

Not happy at with Easons and Halfords for example in dealing with the crisis.
    One valid excuse is that they are looking after their home market the UK first.
    But I am impressed with smaller businesses, like 2 small shops in my local shopping centre who opened after the 15th June.
    One is a music shop the other a bookshop.
    Although I have an Easons "loyalty card", I don't care anymore. Lack of clarity on their website too. The only news I saw was that online there is yet another scurrilous book about President Trump on sale. So what.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

xieann wrote: »
    Not happy at with Easons and Halfords for example in dealing with the crisis.
    One valid excuse is that they are looking after their home market the UK first.

But Ireland is Easons home market..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Easons is an Irish firm and the vast bulk of their stores are owned by the parent firm; they bought out the largest franchiser a year or two ago... so this is their "home market" and they aren't really a franchise at all.

More importantly - where's the rip off?

The rip off is for loyalty card holders like me: Loyalty card holders have 2 choices at the beginning: Redeem your points online or in store.

I chose in store. But now that I can't redeem them, the points stay rotting on my card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The stores are going to reopen. Many have.

There is neither a ripoff or a general consumer issue here

• Registered Users Posts: 28,773 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Am I the only one who hasn't the hasn't the faintest idea what this thread/ complaint is about? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I don’t know what a tracker mortgage is.

Advertisement