Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer for the current crisis

• 16-03-2020 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

A group of us have made arrangements between us that we all pray for Ireland, the world during the coronavirus outbreak. We are taking 15 minutes every evening at 9pm to just pause and remember and pray. I would like to encourage everyone to maybe do the same. You don't have to be particularly religious to do this. It has often been said that we ignore God until difficult times come by and this is definitely a difficult time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Great idea, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

KatyMac wrote: »
    A group of us have made arrangements between us that we all pray for Ireland, the world during the coronavirus outbreak. We are taking 15 minutes every evening at 9pm to just pause and remember and pray. I would like to encourage everyone to maybe do the same. You don't have to be particularly religious to do this. It has often been said that we ignore God until difficult times come by and this is definitely a difficult time.

I've been tuning in to mass streamed live as well. Keep the prayers going. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

One interesting question is what is God trying to teach us in the midst of this crisis? It is unprecedented. It has challenged our idea that we reign supreme in creation and that there is nothing that can stop the indisputable progress of man. Times like this should make us think that our control is limited in this world and we need to cast our concerns to the only true God who created the heavens and the earth. I don't think that our lives will be the same again after this is over. I've started appreciating things around me more in the last few weeks, I've appreciated the relationships that God has given me in the previous years, I've appreciated chatting to people I've perhaps not connected to as much, I've appreciated nature, I've appreciated God's good provision to us in terms of providing us our daily bread (perhaps something we've not had to contemplate as much in the Western world).

I hope this crisis humbles humanity, but humbles humanity enough to realise that Jesus is the only real answer to our most pressing need. To be rescued from our sin, which is the root of the Fall through which death entered the world in the first place.

Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

:rolleyes:

will be sure and pass on that prayer for those dead and dying in Italy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I said a couple of prayers at 8 this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Coming up on a year now, never thought it could go on this long.

I am so grateful for my faith - if I thought that the materialism of the world was all there is, and the happiness from social interaction etc. with friends and family, relationships, and going on holidays etc. were the peak of human happiness, existence and the most important thing in life I think I would have found it much much harder, given that most of these things have either stopped or been drastically reduced.

Hope everyone is keeping ok.

Advertisement