18-01-2021, 19:51   #1381
wonski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressoutlet View Post
My payments section from My welfare state panic unemployment payment and Exceptional needs payment. I have payments made as exceptional needs payments so therefore they are not liable to tax. Pup is. The payments I recieved saying ENP are not liable for tax.

I just want to edit and say this is my understanding only, however it could be good argument in court if anyone wants to contest the tax paid for PUP
Well you just said PUP is taxed.

The payment you received may not be taxed, but these were not PUP payments, so not sure what food would happen if one wanted to go to court. And why would you. It is taxed as any other income.

Exceptional needs payment or whatever it was may not be, but the PUP is subject to income tax.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-01-2021, 20:04   #1382

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonski View Post
Well you just said PUP is taxed.

The payment you received may not be taxed, but these were not PUP payments, so not sure what food would happen if one wanted to go to court. And why would you. It is taxed as any other income.

Exceptional needs payment or whatever it was may not be, but the PUP is subject to income tax.
It is simply a legal loophole I have pointed out. If someone had exceptional needs payment for 6 weeks and pip for 1 week, instead of being stung for 7 weeks tax bill, a person could legally only pay 1. Wording is very important with legal matters.
I haven't even got the SOL back yet, I'm simply pointing out there is this loophole
18-01-2021, 20:27   #1383
brianomc

A few people I know have found that the amount overpaid/underpaid has changed since Friday. I have seen their screenshots of both. The difference in all of them is €70 more owed to revenue.

They are all finding an extra PUP payment in revenues calculation too. Its almost like the 1st January to 7th January payment is being included.

None were on the high rate of tax thanks to covid so 20% of 350 = 70.

Anyone with an explanation of this mysterious extra payment being included?
18-01-2021, 22:41   #1384
dublinstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianomc View Post
A few people I know have found that the amount overpaid/underpaid has changed since Friday. I have seen their screenshots of both. The difference in all of them is €70 more owed to revenue.

They are all finding an extra PUP payment in revenues calculation too. Its almost like the 1st January to 7th January payment is being included.

None were on the high rate of tax thanks to covid so 20% of 350 = 70.

Anyone with an explanation of this mysterious extra payment being included?

There is such thing as a week 53 where Revenue are concerned, if the 30th and 31st of December fall into paydays. In 2020 this was the case as December 30th was a Wednesday and the 31st was a Thursday.
18-01-2021, 22:48   #1385
socute14

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the refund. Got my statement of liability last Saturday?
Advertisement
18-01-2021, 22:50   #1386
duffman13

Quote:
Originally Posted by socute14 View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the refund. Got my statement of liability last Saturday?
5 business days usually
Thanks from:
18-01-2021, 22:57   #1387
brianomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinstuff View Post
There is such thing as a week 53 where Revenue are concerned, if the 30th and 31st of December fall into paydays. In 2020 this was the case as December 30th was a Wednesday and the 31st was a Thursday.
I see what you’re thinking alright. But the paydate for the 1st to 7th week was the 12th Jan. And the pup figure revenue used is only correct if they include that one as their figure was my total pup to-date. That payday was well inside 2021 to not count.

I have opened an enquiry with them but I imagine they are fairly busy.
18-01-2021, 22:58   #1388
Foweva Awone

Quote:
Originally Posted by socute14 View Post
Last year there were six days (4 working days) between the SOL and money in my account.
Thanks from:
19-01-2021, 00:37   #1389
dublinstuff

Quote:
I see what you’re thinking alright. But the paydate for the 1st to 7th week was the 12th Jan. And the pup figure revenue used is only correct if they include that one as their figure was my total pup to-date. That payday was well inside 2021 to not count.

I hear what you are saying. Would be interesting to hear their response to your enquiry. Apparently they have a difference of €2,000 in the PUP figure that I submitted and the DOSP provided to them and I'm at a complete loss as to why. Hoping the SOL, when it eventually appears, will shed more light
Advertisement
19-01-2021, 07:18   #1390
Dempo1

Quote:

I've noticed this too, mentioned it earlier, they seem to be including PUP payments right up to the date SOL issued, this seems at odds with the year applicable as I presumed its income for 2020 only. I believe in my own case, at least €300 extra on amount actually paid to me, I've tripled checked all payments of PUP recieved for 2020.
19-01-2021, 08:17   #1391

Anyone still getting the processing message when trying to view their SOL?
(2) thanks from:
19-01-2021, 08:19   #1392
tfeldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifico View Post
Same here
19-01-2021, 08:19   #1393
applejunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifico View Post
Yes I'm getting the same
19-01-2021, 08:36   #1394
grayzer75

Same here, just like last year
(2) thanks from:
19-01-2021, 09:11   #1395

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayzer75 View Post
Same here, just like last year
I didn't have this problem last year...how did you get it sorted?!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion