18-02-2020, 11:12   #781
rsl1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepman View Post
I was in bed when the clock struck midnight on New Year's day this year. I logged into my Revenue account from my phone to get started on the Return. Completed partially and saved it, and by evening of Jan 1st, I had submitted it. Thought I was being smart by doing it so early.

On Jan 9th, I got that automated email saying the Return has been received and that I should have the SOL on the 17th.

On Jan 18th, I received an enquiry from Revenue which I responded to by the same evening.

No update since then.

Now, I'm not really in a desperate situation financially, but I am just concerned that my file has fallen through the cracks or something. Also, it would be great to see how it's all worked out. Even after spending hours, I have been unable to figure out on my own if I will get anything back. I had an unusual situation last year with lots of things to take into account - had a redundancy in August; spouse started work that very month but I didn't transfer my credits to her so she overpaid tax probably; but then I was on Jobseeker's Benefit August-December and claimed Unemployment Repayment in December; also there's health insurance that my employer (now ex) paid for through December.
Have you tried calling them to see what they say. I would have expected that once they made that enquiry that they were working on it.
Advertisement
18-02-2020, 12:19   #782
rsl1976

I called today (again ) so the problem with ours is the new system doesn't seem to be able to process the return when there is an underpayment for previous years (which we have)

Not sure if that's the issue for everyone else but hopefully now they know what the issue is they can figure out how to fix it.
18-02-2020, 12:37   #783
Nordydave

It's time to come together, It's up to you, what's your pleasure? Everyone around the world, Come on! Yahoo! It's a celebration, Yahoo!
Celebrate good times, come on!

I just got my little orange dot of joy over My Documents! As mentioned before, submitted 4th jan, got the email about 17th, then resubmitted at the end of Jan. Keep the faith folks, whatever about it being a f*****g sh*tshow they're getting through it.
Thanks from:
18-02-2020, 13:14   #784
rsl1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordydave View Post
It's time to come together, It's up to you, what's your pleasure? Everyone around the world, Come on! Yahoo! It's a celebration, Yahoo!
Celebrate good times, come on!

I just got my little orange dot of joy over My Documents! As mentioned before, submitted 4th jan, got the email about 17th, then resubmitted at the end of Jan. Keep the faith folks, whatever about it being a f*****g sh*tshow they're getting through it.

What time did it appear at or did you just check the once
18-02-2020, 13:20   #785
Nordydave

I checked about 10:30 this morning and there was nothing and I checked while eating lunch at my desk, so that was around 12:30
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-02-2020, 13:28   #786
bellatrix1

Mine has maternity leave and employment top up and it a joint assessment with hubby so he took paternity leave also.. Maybe that's why mine is taking longer. Still nothing today. I give up!
18-02-2020, 13:45   #787
deise18

If I check that website one more time I am going to lose my mind, astonishing that they havent managed to get on top of the backlog by now.
(2) thanks from:
18-02-2020, 13:50   #788
zepman

Quote:
Now that scenario sounds like it might need a bit more of a calculation so you'd perhaps expect a delay - but not knocking on two months.

I'm not sure does resubmitting do anything - someone said they were still able to edit their tax return so they submitted again. I've always had the amend option but if I view it all the credits/salary etc. are "confirmed". I'd just really like to know if theres something others are doing or if others have different status etc.
Yeah, I'm okay with the delay due to calculations specific to my situation. But from reading this thread, it seems to be more due to my submitting early in Jan more than anything else. A lot of these early submissions seem to be in limbo.

I did try the amend option a few weeks ago after reading this thread. But I got the message "You cannot proceed as an Income Tax Return is currently being processed. Please wait until your Statement of Liability has issued.".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl1976 View Post
Have you tried calling them to see what they say. I would have expected that once they made that enquiry that they were working on it.
Not about my 2019 Return, but I had called them to sort out my tax credits for this year. I heard the repeated automated messages about the 2019 Returns taking time and that they are working on it. So, it seemed like it would come through eventually. Might call in a week if I still don't have the SOL.
19-02-2020, 10:12   #789
deise18

Anyone have any luck today? Nothing here again
Advertisement
19-02-2020, 10:14   #790
Nordydave

Now my wife got a message asking her to log in and check her correspondence in unread documents but there is nothing there...
Thanks from:
19-02-2020, 10:33   #791
Macaonbhuit

Not a sausage.... Again
19-02-2020, 10:55   #792
Bikerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deise18 View Post
Anyone have any luck today? Nothing here again
Nope nothing again....
19-02-2020, 11:25   #793
rsl1976

Nothing again
19-02-2020, 12:18   #794
Bikerguy

Quote:
Now my wife got a message asking her to log in and check her correspondence in unread documents but there is nothing there...
Its the same like some of us got email about 17th of january having the sol and refund. Joke...
19-02-2020, 12:37   #795

Farcical stuff. Your money is devaluing with each passing day.

As a people we are too tolerable with this kind of stuff. We pay these people an obscene amount of money with our taxes and this is the service we get.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion