Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Dazzy wrote: »
    Chill. Your question looks like its related to my post hence my reply.
    whre did i say it was related to you?. I did not even see wht you said. What is the number for a person not the recording

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

whre did i say it was related to you?. I did not even see wht you said. What is the number for a person not the recording

I didn't say you did.

You might be better off doing a quick search for the number. It's easy to find. Save us both some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Had fantastic service from UPS today. Parcel left UK at 5pm yesterday (Wednesday) evening, had it at my door at 3:30 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

On my 3rd import scan for my UPS parcel. It seems to be in a loop in the system. Anybody have this before? It's been almost 16 days so even allowing for the recent delays is it worth ringing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

alan4cult wrote: »
    On my 3rd import scan for my UPS parcel. It seems to be in a loop in the system. Anybody have this before? It's been almost 16 days so even allowing for the recent delays is it worth ringing them?

Probably getting left behind in the warehouse with nobody to deliver it. It will get scanned and put back on a pallet for tomorrow's deliverys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Just to add something positive about UPS. I've been selling a few things on eBay recently and have started using UPS for anything expensive or bulky. I'm quite impressed with them so far. They've delivered within the stated time frame and showed up during the scheduled collection times.

They're prices are quite reasonable also. They're cheaper than DHL/FedEx/Nightline; and An Post for anything vaguely bulky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I'm having trouble with an order from Lenovo with UPS.

They've had the package in Ireland over a week now, and claimed they tried to deliver it last Friday. Tracking claims they couldn't gain access to deliver. I live in a house without any access problems in a large town.

I've contacted them about it and they asked me to confirm the address. I sent them the shipping address that Lenovo sent me on my order confirmation. They have now claimed that the address was wrong. E.g I provided "2 evergreen terrace" and they say the package says "32 evergreen terrace". My eircode is on the package also, which is correct.

This was on Monday so they confirmed the address "change" and confirmed delivery for yesterday. No sign of the package again, I contacted them again yesterday evening and they told me they don't have an estimated delivery date any more. Tracking shows the package in Sligo, I live in the south east...

Not at all impressed. I do not believe the package had the wrong address, surely Lenovo have automated package labelling. Why not use the eircode as a backup also?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The courier companies, including An Post, still don’t use Eircode, as far as I know. Get Lenovo to kick UPS up the ass, they are the ones paying for it.

PaulKK wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with an order from Lenovo with UPS.

They've had the package in Ireland over a week now, and claimed they tried to deliver it last Friday. Tracking claims they couldn't gain access to deliver. I live in a house without any access problems in a large town.

I've contacted them about it and they asked me to confirm the address. I sent them the shipping address that Lenovo sent me on my order confirmation. They have now claimed that the address was wrong. E.g I provided "2 evergreen terrace" and they say the package says "32 evergreen terrace". My eircode is on the package also, which is correct.

This was on Monday so they confirmed the address "change" and confirmed delivery for yesterday. No sign of the package again, I contacted them again yesterday evening and they told me they don't have an estimated delivery date any more. Tracking shows the package in Sligo, I live in the south east...

Not at all impressed. I do not believe the package had the wrong address, surely Lenovo have automated package labelling. Why not use the eircode as a backup also?

Same thing happened to me and a friend waiting on Lenovo packages recently. Lots of different excuses from UPS like an address problem on the package and driver incorrectly entering the package as delivered 3 times on his device.

It seems like they just don't have the capacity to deliver when they are supposed to and are pedaling the same excuses.

Both packages 3 days late.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Hi there, anyone experienced delays on the final delivery of items via UPS? Ordered something nearly two weeks ago from Germany, arrived in Ireland in good time last week and since then has been noting delivery delayed by a day every second day on website. UPS CS cannot help at all. Not had any major issues recently (except for Amazon dispatch delays) but not used UPS in a good while so wondering if it's stuck in some kind of UPS COVID19 vortex.

• Advertisement

I just got off the phone with them there after waiting on hold for 40 mins. Very unhelpful. He said since it hasn't had a scan for 3 days I need to raise an incident with thin via their website or have Lenovo do it.

I asked if this ment the parcel was lost and he said yes.

An absolute shower of jokers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No consolation, I know, but at times there can be problems with the transfer of information no matter how big the company. A certain computer company with its HQ in Cork changed over to a different courier, and there were huge problems. Irish town lands could be quite long and were cut off, and it left the actual town out in certain circumstances too. It was an absolute mess for months. It was so hard to believe that one of the world's biggest couriers couldn't get the IT translation right. These days they just scan, and don't look at the label, so they don't see the problems when a label isn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Dazzy wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me and a friend waiting on Lenovo packages recently. Lots of different excuses from UPS like an address problem on the package and driver incorrectly entering the package as delivered 3 times on his device.

It seems like they just don't have the capacity to deliver when they are supposed to and are pedaling the same excuses.

Both packages 3 days late.

Exact same thing here! Purchase from Lenovo. Had eircode everything on it but because Lenovo left out County UPS considered address incomplete (event though eircode literally would bring you to our door and even tell you the county!)

I rang ups and had to update the address with them. It then took another three days before package finally delivered to me. Right pain in the behind.

I've contacted Lenovo who were great, they are sending me a replacement (hopefully not with UPS).

I think anyone who has issues should get the seller to open a claim with UPS. The more they get may get them to change their courier or at least give the courier a kick up the backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

UPS sites now says "Delay: Emergency Situation or Severe Weather" for my package, their CS responded with " your package had been affected by the ongoing restrictions to contain the spread of the virus. Once the situation improves, we will take action with the delivery the soonest possible." It's sitting somewhere in Dublin so it seems like their Dublin delivery team are utterly overwhelmed and as soon as the virus is cured I'll get my package!

Dave..M wrote: »
    UPS sites now says "Delay: Emergency Situation or Severe Weather" for my package, their CS responded with " your package had been affected by the ongoing restrictions to contain the spread of the virus. Once the situation improves, we will take action with the delivery the soonest possible." It's sitting somewhere in Dublin so it seems like their Dublin delivery team are utterly overwhelmed and as soon as the virus is cured I'll get my package!

I am waiting on two packages from UPS and both are delayed. One for the same reason as yours and another due to incorrect address. Both are just excuses as they don't have the capacity to deliver the volume of packages.

I had the same problem over a month ago with a Lenovo order as did a friend which resulted in a 3 day delay. You would think they would have the capacity issue sorted by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

My package was supposed to be delivered on the 16th June. It is now the 23rd June and nothing yet. Their tracking tool is useless. It just says that it has arrived in Dublin and then nothing.

Does anyone have a direct email address for them?

Their tracking is all over the place at the moment. You should get the sender to chase them, as the CS is useless.

UPS charge for Customs clearance is €15 + VAT, total €18.45. I didn't think there was VAT on a clearance charge from outside the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

whiterebel wrote: »
    UPS charge for Customs clearance is €15 + VAT, total €18.45. I didn't think there was VAT on a clearance charge from outside the EU?
    Why not?

• Advertisement

vandriver wrote: »
    Why not?

Its based on a service from outside the EU. Could be wrong, but I won't get far asking UPS. An Post don't charge VAT, as far as I'm aware, and neither did FedEx.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Anyone know if UPS will call you upon delivery? I live in an Apartment that has no working buzzer, so no way for them to let me know they are even here other than calling my mobile phone....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Back in June I had a parcel go missing. It was being delivered by UPS. Five months on and not even a reply or follow up to my enquiry. Absolute pits.

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Anyone know if UPS will call you upon delivery? I live in an Apartment that has no working buzzer, so no way for them to let me know they are even here other than calling my mobile phone....

Depends on the driver. Also depends what Diad he's using. The new ones have phones built in. Is your number on your package?

Back in June I had a parcel go missing. It was being delivered by UPS. Five months on and not even a reply or follow up to my enquiry. Absolute pits.

Have you followed it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Anyone have any idea what’s up with my tracking info it keeps changing every few hours

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what’s up with my tracking info it keeps changing every few hours

They have rescanned it a few times and made up different excuses of why its been left behind in the depot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone having issues with UPS deliveries at the moment? I have a package coming from Italy that has been stuck in Dublin for 8 days now and still hasnt been delivered yet.

Seems strange that it would be delayed this long.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Have you followed it up?
    They’re a disgrace. Following it up with them is a waste of time as you’re dealing with a call centre in Lithuania which is about as informed as you are - they read the status from tracking on ups.com.

I’ve had three parcels go missing with them and another three weeks late this year. They have lied about three of the four we’ve had issues with. Best avoided where possible.

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with UPS deliveries at the moment? I have a package coming from Italy that has been stuck in Dublin for 8 days now and still hasnt been delivered yet.

Seems strange that it would be delayed this long.

Yep, and they seem to post tracking and then delete the history to make it look like the parcel has never moved an inch. I have two en route which have been marked as out for delivery on a certain day, then they don't arrive, then I log in and all the history is deleted and they're marked as just delayed...

Advertisement