Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

• 03-11-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭

DPD/Parcel Wizard are offering 3 free deliveries for new users between now and the end of the year. Its like Parcel Motel except they deliver to your house instead of a locker.

Should be of use for the Xmas shopping next month.

Between now and 31st December 2015, you have three free trips from the Parcel Passport UK Virtual Address to your door.

Start using DPD's UK Virtual Address today when ordering online from your favourite UK e-tailers and save on delivery costs! After you've used your three free trips, the service costs only €3.85. You're welcome!

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/UK-Virtual-Address

Also their price of €3.85 to deliver to your door is pretty competitive given Parcel Motel charge €3.90 and you have to pick it up yourself. Good to see some competition in the market for this type of service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Brilliant - makes a lot of sense. Thanks OP - signing up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

Obviously intended to compete with Parcel Motel

I have had mixed experiences dealing with DPD before though - might just wait and see how the early adopters get on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Parcel Motel were a Godsend for a lot of people in that they could get stuff delivered to UK address and then down here which up to then wasn't possible for a lot of stuff.
    When people noticed how well it did, it was always come under threat from others starting off in the market.
    After the 3 free ships, it's going to boil down to personal choice as there's nothing in the price after that.
    Bear in mind that it doesn't suit a lot of people to get stuff delivered to the house as you mightn't be there at the time, some find it easier to collect at their leisure at a drop off point nominated by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

homer911 wrote: »

I have had mixed experiences dealing with DPD before though - might just wait and see how the early adopters get on

Have had mixed experiences too, packages not being delivered when scheduled etc.

At least with Parcel Motel you can pick up your parcel when it suits and you have a 48hr window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭SteM

Agreed, I've had some hassle with DPD and going to their depot in the Robinhood Industrial Estate to sort out a problem is a lot more hassle than dealing with Parcel Motel imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

With the Christmas coming up Parcel Motel will be crazy (last year was absolute chaos). Will use these guys and Parcel Connect to avoid the backlog just for December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Thanks OP, signed up.

virtualAddressBottom.png

Very similar set-up to Parcel motel.

Just drop your parcel wizard ID into address field on any UK site.
    Mr. Joe Bloggs
    PW123456
    DPD Parcel Passport
    Unit 3, Trench Park,
    Trench Road
    Mallusk
    BT36 4TY
    UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

think I'd prefer to pay the extra 10c and collect when it suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'd agree with that, DPD can blow hot and cold. But supposedly with their Parcel Wizard service you are able to schedule the actual delivery time. As to how accurate it'll be only time will tell but I reckon its worth a punt for the first 3 deliveries free in the Xmas period.

If it does what it says on the tin then it'll be good competition for Parcel Motel who have increased their prices by a good 15% earlier this year. Competition in the market should mean no price increases for Parcel Motel customers in 2016, happy days for users of either service.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Would they be able to add the parcel into one of those new An Post boxes ?

Or are they just for standard mail ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 hecmail

This appears to be better than Parcel Motel as a lot of sellers on the UK site will only deliver to mainland UK. This seems to get around that issue. I'll defo sign up. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I'm near certain its DPD that send a txt before delivery is due with an approx. time of delivery and the option to cancel or rearrange. If they offer that with the new service I'll be definitely signing up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

hecmail wrote: »
    This appears to be better than Parcel Motel as a lot of sellers on the UK site will only deliver to mainland UK. This seems to get around that issue. I'll defo sign up. Thanks!

I've only really seen that with more expensive items and even at that I just went down the list of different sellers and always found one who did deliver to the North.

I know Motorola wouldn't allow delivery to Parcel Motel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

having dealt o lot with Irish merchants DPD seems always on top-message to let you know delivery is coming,next day you get message with a window or a reschedule,and its convenient.I guess if they will do parcels will there be extra costs on say weight or size of items,if they give uk address,since there's only small items you can get trough NI without paying fortune afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

think I'd prefer to pay the extra 10c and collect when it suits me.
    But ParcelMotel aren't offering free trips?

So you're paying €3.95 extra! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

hecmail wrote: »

:confused: - The UK address is Mallusk up north, so mainland only delivery will still cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Anyone get a code texted to them when they hit the validate option in the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Anyone get a code texted to them when they hit the validate option in the email?
    Yep, got mine and registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The benefit of Parcel Motel for me (aside from the ability to get things that won't ship to ROI by default) is the fact that I can pick it up whenever suits within a 48 hour window. I just get it delivered to a locker/motel on the way to work and pick it up on the way. Suits me a lot better than having to be home or trek to some central depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, got mine and registered.

How long did it take?
    Been 10 mins waiting here - not a great start :eek:

• Advertisement

This should be better for over sized items

edit
    Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

thats not exactly big

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

What kind of sites are people using this for?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

Muahahaha wrote:
    Also their price of €3.85 to deliver to your door is pretty competitive given Parcel Motel charge €3.90 and you have to pick it up yourself. Good to see some competition in the market for this type of service.

I find Parcel Motel great in not having to try and be home for the delivery guy. It's available to collect whenever it suits you. Takes a lot of pressure off planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Trying to register and getting the following (very useful) error message:
    Error occurred, please try again

Anybody else getting the same?

Update: Working now. I think my password was too long....

I registered (validated email and phone) but didn't get anything about 3 free deliveries.....

edit ->

you see it on this page

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/#/my-parcel-passport

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ch1984 wrote: »
    I find Parcel Motel great in not having to try and be home for the delivery guy. It's available to collect whenever it suits you. Takes a lot of pressure off planning.

My nearest Parcel Motel is in Wexford Town and I'm in Enniscorthy,I know they now do home delivery for €7.95 but if DPD do it for half that then I'm sold on it.

Anyone ordering stuff from China,delivery via Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard will halve their delivery time.

zerks wrote: »
    Anyone ordering stuff from China,delivery via Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard will halve their delivery time.

why is that - cuts out an post who slow it up? I doubt that it would make that much of a difference - with tracking from China the delivery happens a couple of days after it lands in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

frash wrote: »
    How long did it take?
    Been 10 mins waiting here - not a great start :eek:

I click the button in the email and it just brings me to the homepage. I try to log in and it fails saying my login credentials are wrong. No code received at any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

hecmail wrote:

Parcel Motel supplies you with 2 choices of address, including a UK one.. for Newtownabbey in Antrim.. whenever there is free delivery to the UK I use that and all I have to pay is the 3.95 nothing extra.. no stress making sure someone is gonna be there to get delivery etc either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

Advertisement