Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMD Marketing Cork

• 06-01-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi, I have an interview with these guys (PMD Marketing), but I don't know much about them. Has anyone worked for them or know if its a good place to work? I heard they were doing something with airtricity in the past??

Anything would be nice???? Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ciarastar

hi there,

yeah I worked for PMD Marketing last summer during the college break. It was fantastic, they do the residential sales for Airtricity. I'd never had any sales experience before, but thought I'd give it a go just to strengthen my CV and learn some new skills.The training program is intense, definately a challenge, but they teach you everything from how to train people, interviewing skills, public speaking and speech writing. Its great, I'm so much more confident than I was before and my CV is way stronger. Would definately recommend going to the interview, plus the management team are a ton of fun which is always a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Bollocks. A new user signs up, and in the first post defends one of the biggest cowboy outfits in the Irish employers market?

PMD are scumbags. It's the same ****e as door to door selling, dragging big rucksacks around selling colouring books, and underpants to people in offices. Search here for Gallop Marketing and you'll hear real stories from real people who've had the misfortune to work for Gallop/Majestic/PMD Marketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

ciarastar wrote: »
    hi there,

yeah I worked for PMD Marketing last summer during the college break. It was fantastic, they do the residential sales for Airtricity. I'd never had any sales experience before, but thought I'd give it a go just to strengthen my CV and learn some new skills.The training program is intense, definately a challenge, but they teach you everything from how to train people, interviewing skills, public speaking and speech writing. Its great, I'm so much more confident than I was before and my CV is way stronger. Would definately recommend going to the interview, plus the management team are a ton of fun which is always a bonus!

^^^ This is shilltastic bullshit.
    Bollocks. A new user signs up, and in the first post defends one of the biggest cowboy outfits in the Irish employers market?

PMD are scumbags. It's the same ****e as door to door selling, dragging big rucksacks around selling colouring books, and underpants to people in offices. Search here for Gallop Marketing and you'll hear real stories from real people who've had the misfortune to work for Gallop/Majestic/PMD Marketing.

^^^ Spot on.

They get people to go self-employed to get around having to pay the minimum wage.

Looks like RTE are interested in doing some sort of Prime Time exposé on these sorts.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64390033&postcount=12

hey buddy, don't know what you're talking about. I definately didn't sell any underwear from a bag that sounds ridiculous! I suppose sales isn't for everyone but I had a ton of fun and saved a load of money over the summer, so no regrets from me. Just answering the question, no harm in going for an interview and finding out for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BHeadie

I never went, I figured if I'm going toever get into sales, it will be somewhere when the customers want to come to me.
    But your saying door to door sales is fun?

• Advertisement

Yeah it was a bit daunting at first because I never did sales before but I enjoyed myself. It was way more interesting than sitting behind the counter 8 hours a day, we were always out in teams of two or three which is good for a laugh, and because I study psychology I found it very useful for myself getting to meet a wide range of people from all walks of life. Someone with a bit less confidence might find it very intimidating but for me was definately a great expereince. I think if it wasn't fun no one would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BHeadie

if you don't mind me asking whats the dough like,$$? I suppose airtricity can almost sell itself eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 reacocork

Hi everyone i have a job interview :eek: with pmd marketing tomorrow, what should i expect whats it like to work for them and whats the pay like? :)

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭blue4ever

OH Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Reacocork,

you must have missed all the media coverage on the company. such a pity.
    basically you'll be made president or if not, vice president, within a week.

Good for you.

You deserve to be President as you keep abreast of such a b.s. company you're about to interview for without checking up on them.

c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 reacocork

Well i did not go :D as i did do some looking up so i will keep my current job for now thanks!:) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 the jam man

I did an interview with these guys hard to no wat to make of them. Has any one actually worked wit them?? Wats the story wit them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dennie

hiya does anyone know anything about clearwater advertising? i have an interview there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 girl4

Hey does anyone one know what way pmd marketing pay. Is it commision only. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Got it in one - nothing, commission only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

I worked there and i have to say its the biggest scam going. sending you out to work till all hours with no guarantee of making any money with the top people sit back and make money off you. I the Interview your not told what your going to do till you go on an observation day. Told a whole lot of lies about how much you COULD make not what you will make. Alot of he trainers say there there to help you but at the end of the day the only ones there worried about are them self's. All in all not a great place to work

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭rightwingdub

sendit wrote: »
    I worked there and i have to say its the biggest scam going. sending you out to work till all hours with no guarantee of making any money with the top people sit back and make money off you. I the Interview your not told what your going to do till you go on an observation day. Told a whole lot of lies about how much you COULD make not what you will make. Alot of he trainers say there there to help you but at the end of the day the only ones there worried about are them self's. All in all not a great place to work

Is it part of the Cobra Group?

no PERDEM as far as i know

sendit wrote: »
    no PERDEM as far as i know

If its commission only role people shouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

yes but they tell you all theses story's of all the money you'll make when your an owner its a load of s"?:! realy

Did anyone ever hear of a marketing company called Boss Worldwide Promotions Ltd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I almost fell for this scam.

Luckily, upon googling PMD Marketing, I discovered this thread.

Just to let people know they have changed the name to HMR Marketing. Also i was told that the "company'' dont have any money so they aren't promoting people as they cant pay them but aren't telling the people working there this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

They probably have dozens of different names that they operate under.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cork red

yeah i worked there before....the pay did get better, lads coming out with 600 every week now....but you can only do it,knock on doors, for so long and it is pyramid scheme like due to the fact that it is not in your hands and you have to rely on others to get good if you want to progress.

The boss was fit though

A bad thing about this pace is the fact that they tell people that they'll have there own office etc. They tell you about people who did it in 6 or 7 months but the fact is they did it so fast because there was need for someone to run offices in other county's when they first started and now theirs no big rush to get people running offices

The people who came to ireland first wont name names but anyone who has worked there know who they are, they say now they went trough the whole thing but have no real proof of it, they could just been picked and told come over hear and say all the bulls*@" they do. Also the guys running the other offices the reason they got there so fast is because they were there when they first came so they needed people to run them offices fast. In the time i was there one person was promoted to above trainee manager. Also agree about having to pay for everything you were expected to give money to how ever was driving to were you were going, if the owers are making as much as they say surely they could give people 10 or 20 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frankied1

I work at pmd marketing and just because you didnt have what it took doesnt mean its not working for me. Yes I am self employed, and yes I pay my taxes what r u doing sitting at home on the dole? And to prove your not credible, no you have not contracted pmd marketing before, if so tell me what with. You r a sad person with way too much time on your hands, trying to sabotage a perfectly legit business with many people like myself delighted to have work and not only that work i enjoy because i am not lazy, because i do earn around 500 a week which really isnt too bad and my expenses are no more that 20 euro a week. Beside all that i am new in the city and only moved here for the position - through PMD i have made a network of great friends and colleagues. Likeminded people with a bit of ambition unlike ppl who quit and then blame the rest of the world for their own short comings.

3 words for you boyler

Get a life

oh and another 3

grow a pair!!!

If its a perfectly legit business why is it that its had 3 different names in the last few years? its had two alone in the last few months

Ok So Pmd marketing stated in cork with one woman who moved over from the UK out of her cork office she has promoted 5 ppl to management in the last year. When these new managers are promoted they now own their own business and cannot trade under her name, so they register as their own ltd company. It is not to hide infact i think you will find that each of these managers are extremely proud of their name and the fact that they do earn well over 100 000 a year.

Sometimes i wish ppl would just get their facts right is that too much to ask?

• Advertisement

and what r you talking about it is had 2 in the last 2 months? What office r u on about?

Advertisement