Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

• 12-03-2006 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

If anyone ever needs the Christians on this forum to pray for them they can post here. This will be a strictly moderated thread and insincere posting will result in banning.

Added on 18/11/11
    This thread is now merged with the 'Praise the Lord' thread, to conform with sitewide rules on how many stickies a forum can display.
    PDN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Last Sunday my daughter was admitted to hospital after going out on a shooter at soccer practice the day before. She got kicked in the pancreas and is to be in hospital for about a month.

If any one thinks about it during your prayer time that Rebecca's spirits will remain high, the doctors wisdom and for the rest of our family as siblings may start to feel ignored.

A praise item has come out of this. When we went to the hospital last Sunday a catscan was done and the fear was their was a leakage in her digestive system which would require major surgery with a 15% mortality rate. The prayer chain at church went inrto high gear, when the follow up Ct was done an hour later there was no leakage and no surgery.

Thanks and God Bless

A thank you to all who have included Rebecca in your prayers. It has been a long slow recovery. This morning she had solid food for the first time. 'Best toast I have ever had', she said.

All but one tube has been removed and that is the IV which has kept her hydrated. It has been disconnected for the day as long as she drinks a litre of water.

She could be released as early as next Monday.

God Bless
    Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

That's wonderful news, keep us posted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

My wonderful grandmother who turned 100 2 weeks ago is now unfortunately on her deathbed, she is asleep on a morphine drip in a private room. I would be grateful if people could pray for a good, peaceful death for my grandmother. Thank you.

My gran passed away peacefully today. Thanks to all who prayed for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

CathyMoran wrote:
    My gran passed away peacefully today. Thanks to all who prayed for her.

Very happy to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

R.i.p.

Our condolences Cathy. May you know God's peace and love during this time.

Thank you to all who prayed for my daughter. She was released from hospital and is now back at school. She is on a low fat diet and can't play this outdoor season. A full recovery is expected.

Thank you to all who prayed for my daughter. She was released from hospital and is now back at school. She is on a low fat diet and can't play this outdoor season. A full recovery is expected.

You must be relieved. congradulations

Brian,

I am delighted that your daughter is continuing to improve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

A woman in my congregation has been admitted to hospital after a tumor was found on her brain. She is a single mother with two young children. She's after having an opertation which unfortunately hasn't been very successful. If the next one is unsuccessful the doctors said that the tumor has grown to much and she'll only have a few months to live. Please remember her in your prayers.

May Allah be most merciful and kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

I dont pray much,i dont think i ever pray but if collective hope is any good then i will join in in all of the above,all the best to everyone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

MrSinn, a prayer is "an act of praise, contemplation and reflection". It can by formally like the Our Father or informally, spoken or silent. Remember what Meister Eckart said: 'If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you", it is enough'. The most important part of a prayer isn't the words but the meaning and the respect when you pause and draw back for a few moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭lowdenclear

My aunt is currently in the hospice, suffering from terminal cancer. Please remember her in your prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

My aunt is currently in the hospice, suffering from terminal cancer. Please remember her in your prayers.

Certainly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭lowdenclear

Hermione* wrote:
    Certainly :)

Thanks! thumright.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

I join you in your prayers for your friends and loved ones. May all find peace, and the suffering bearable, with the help of God and your trust in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭John Doe

I'm not really sure if posting here is appropriate. I'm not a Christian, but I reckon positive thoughts can't do any harm. If this is too 'frivolous' an attitude for anyone they can feel free not to join in.

Anyhoo, the story is that my uncle's fiancée has a very rare form of cancer. I'm not sure of the details, but she's just had an operation for degeneration of the major valves in the heart. It was succesful, but the underlying condition is as bad as ever. I ask the Christians to pray, and anyone else who reads this to do their equivalent if they have one. Thanks.

John Doe wrote:
    I'm not really sure if posting here is appropriate. I'm not a Christian, but I reckon positive thoughts can't do any harm. If this is too 'frivolous' an attitude for anyone they can feel free not to join in.

Not 'frivolous' at all, shows how much you care when you seek help for others. Will certanly do my bit for her. Hope it all works out.

We have a prayer request thread going. I would like to create this sticky as an opportunity for anyone to praise God for an answered prayer or being a guiding light for any reason.

A rule that I would like observed is not to deride nor ridicule anyones story. That person obviously sees the hand of God in the situation and we should assume that Christ is definitely there through His Holy Spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Am i to be the first lol

i'm most grateful for the little things. The things others might call luck or co-incidence. I think not. I have always felt someone was watching over me.

My son i'd never thought i would have (ok not so little!)

the little voice in my head telling me i left the living room window open last nite :) (its big enough to get into to!)

Finding my cat by pure chance after looking for her for 4 months just when she was at deaths door and getting her to the vet on time.

For the friends i have made by making a decision to be in that place at that time.

I may add to this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

A good friend and someone who is very much a mentor to me in the church just got some bad news when he went to the hospital for tests. He has to go into surgery for a triple bypass on Tuesday the 5th of September.

I'd really appreciate it if you could pray for him please. Pray for a successful surgery, free of complications, and a quick recovery. I gather this type of operation can have you out of action for months.

Thanks,
    John.

John,

hope that your friend makes a speedy recovery.

I hope that it is OK to post a prayer request for yourself - here goes, have been quite ill recently, still waiting for the consultant appointment but am thinking of going into A&E this week as the symptoms are so severe. Could people just pray that I get through this OK and that it is not as severe as I think it is. I am getting very scared at this stage which is making it worse.

Appologies in advance.

AC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Hi Cathy,

You're in my prayers. Are you feeling any better?

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

Hi Cathy,
    I pray for your peace and courage to face your current health situation. May your love always be greater than your fear. And your doctors smarter than your disease :) Much love to you.

Puck wrote:
    A good friend and someone who is very much a mentor to me in the church just got some bad news when he went to the hospital for tests. He has to go into surgery for a triple bypass on Tuesday the 5th of September.

I'd really appreciate it if you could pray for him please. Pray for a successful surgery, free of complications, and a quick recovery. I gather this type of operation can have you out of action for months.

Thanks,
    John.

Hey Puck

How did your friends surgery go?

Brian

Hi thanks Puck and MediationMum - I went to A & E but they were not able to help fully, I need an endoscope done and am seeing the gastroenterologist tomorrow who hopefully will arrange it. Have been unable to eat solid food without getting sick and even soup makes me get sick which is more akward because I am a type 1 diabetic, have lost about a stone in weight so it is very distressing, hoping that the doctor will help soon. Puck, I hope that your friends operation was a sucess.

Has been a mixed week, on Tuesday they told me that I probably had a minor medical condition that would require surgery but would be fine but tests on Wednesday disproved that, I had my endoscope and CAT scan on Friday and found out that I have precancer or cancer of the oesophagus, I get the results on Wednesday hopefully but either way will be in hospital on Sunday. Please pray that I only have precancer which would be great as I would only need to get the horrible polyp that is blocking my oesophagus removed. Thanks, AC

Going into hospital tomorrow, should get the results then, please pray that it will not be cancer and that I will be OK about any surgery that they do.

• Advertisement

Sorry for posting another prayer request - I have oesophageal cancer, the big dilema that i now face is deciding if I delay treatment and increase my risk of dying by freezing my eggs (I REALLY want to be a mum)- could people please pray for me at this difficult time, I do not know what to do.

Advertisement