Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bmc58

Did'nt make the €50 with RED C this month.Almost three weeks without a survey.Now today got a €3,€3,€2.Now that is taking the michael.But might make the double pay out next month at this rate?(Ha,ha).

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Are these things legit and if so worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Warbeastrior

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

It's quite annoying to answer 30% of the questions on a €2 survey to then be told you are not eligible. Surely they could frontload the questions that determine if you are eligible or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,403 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Do you mean surveys in general? If so then yes to both questions.

• Advertisement

• WiFi went down doing a €3 red c survey hopefully they will email me to finish as I tried logging in and all I get an error

WiFi went down doing a €3 red c survey hopefully they will email me to finish as I tried logging in and all I get an error

It's highly unlikely they'll ask you to finish it, I'm afraid.

• Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    It's highly unlikely they'll ask you to finish it, I'm afraid.

Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    That's why I emailed them as they are good. it was the fact they gave one half but not the other. If I hadn't gotten the first half I would have thought it was a partner survey so would expect the delay. Maybe they will sort it eventually, just hope I'm not short 1 point to cash out!
    edit they finally updated it for me and added the point. First issue I had with them and delighted they resolved it for me

WiFi went down doing a €3 red c survey hopefully they will email me to finish as I tried logging in and all I get an error

I doubt it.You only get one chance to complete a RED C survey,irrespective of the circumstances that caused the survey to pause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I’ve had surveys from red c go down due to phone calls etc and what they recommend was to open the invite email a few hours later and it should ask you date of birth and then carry on from where you’ve left it

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Ye should open the survey links in a browser to avoid losing it

Ye should open the survey links in a browser to avoid losing it

They always save for me so it’s not a problem, red c updated their system ages ago to save people losing surveys
    Had an easy fiver from them this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭SourSessions

My phone just randomly restarted (which it's NEVER done before... typical) in the middle of a (five euro :( ) REDC survey... So hopefully they'll let me complete in a little while!

Edit: let me in after 20-30 minutes and finished it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Got my first evoucher from Irish Opinions 10 euro Tesco. Took me a month to earn !

Ish66 wrote: »
    Got my first evoucher from Irish Opinions 10 euro Tesco. Took me a month to earn !

I signed up last week and I'm half way to it, my friend signed up the same day and has already got a voucher and has another few euros earned. It seems to be quicker for some than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

I took the virtual card as my reward. Tried to use it on littlewoods site last week but I couldn't

Check the website a few times a day. I did so when I saw your post and got two totalling €1.75.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They always save for me so it’s not a problem, red c updated their system ages ago to save people losing surveys
    Had an easy fiver from them this morning

What was that survey? I got screened out

What was that survey? I got screened out

there was one the other day about covid and the restrictions and another fiver last night was on various companies and our opinions on them

• Advertisement

I signed up last week and I'm half way to it, my friend signed up the same day and has already got a voucher and has another few euros earned. It seems to be quicker for some than others.

Just be careful and attentive with IO.Take your time with their surveys.I was also advised by IO to not do more than four surveys a day.Don't let your balance build up too much.Cash out at €20 max.IO give plenty of surveys ,but they can suddently take a dislike to you.

bmc58 wrote: »
    Just be careful and attentive with IO.Take your time with their surveys.I was also advised by IO to not do more than four surveys a day.Don't let your balance build up too much.Cash out at €20 max.IO give plenty of surveys ,but they can suddently take a dislike to you.

I'm going to cash out at €10

It will improve.IO give plenty of surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Can anyone tell me what the tax implications are for these kinds of surveys? Say for instance if I get a One4All for completing a survey, is that declared as a benefit in kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

VonLuck wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the tax implications are for these kinds of surveys? Say for instance if I get a One4All for completing a survey, is that declared as a benefit in kind?
    :confused::D

VonLuck wrote: »

As far as I know there is no tax to be paid on vouchers so I doubt you need to be declaring anything. I assume that is why all these companies pay vouchers.

As far as I know there is no tax to be paid on vouchers so I doubt you need to be declaring anything. I assume that is why all these companies pay vouchers.

What about payment to Paypal and RedC cheques? It's not all vouchers.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

I don't know I have only had a virtual Mastercard from Red C and all the rest have been one4all vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

On any income like the redc cheques technically ofc it should be declared to revenue but I dont think it would worth their while going after redlive c to hand over details of what they're sending out to people. Etsy and airbnb for example have to hand over all these details to revenue now but people are obvioualy potentially earning thousands through those not 50 euro a few times a year like red live c. The vouchers cant be taxed either.

• Advertisement

The_Kitty wrote: »
    On any income like the redc cheques technically ofc it should be declared to revenue but I dont think it would worth their while going after redlive c to hand over details of what they're sending out to people. Etsy and airbnb for example have to hand over all these details to revenue now but people are obvioualy potentially earning thousands through those not 50 euro a few times a year like red live c. The vouchers cant be taxed either.
    If people are worried about tax they would probably best taking the mastercard then would you think? I've never thought of tax before on any of my survey vouchers. I did wonder myself when I started Red C last year but it took me a year nearly to earn the 50 and in the end took the master card. One4all advertise as tax fee bonus for staff so I always presume that is why most companies give the gift voucher options

Advertisement