Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

How did you buy it? If you used PayPal open a dispute there. Otherwise request a chargeback from your bank.

Fastway are notorious for this. Hopefully if more sellers have problems with them they'll stop using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭greasepalm

So its not just me who has had a bad time with a lost package from fastway to be delivered on tues but could be thurs,contacted seller and fastway.Friday tracking said it was delivered at 4.44 and garage was closed and i was getting into car when fastway van passed by.
    They said 2- 3 days they would have to me told them closed on tues night for holidays and no sign .

Sent them another email and no response and seller has now got negative feedback as item not delivered and they are closed until the 4th jan

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

This is what they told me:

"Follow the tracking link I sent you.

You will see an option for Support and Contact Us

THATS EXACTLY WHAT WE HAVE TO DO there is NO phone number

I can appreciate you're annoyed but when were shown evidence to say that a package is delivered that's all we can do."

Ask them to provide the evidence(POD)

Not great customer service there, pushing responsibility for their sub-contractor on to you..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Fastway "delivered" a parcel to me last week but there's literally nothing in my garden or In a neighbours house.

They emailed back twice with the same generic ****e about it being under a flowerpot or with a neighbour. There is absolutely no where it coidk be at this stage.
    Could the ****ing eejit not have left a note saying where my parcel is?

What do I do next? I'm without my parcel a week now. God knows where the thing is, fastway certainly don't.

I'll never use these amateurs again!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Fastway "delivered" a parcel to me last week but there's literally nothing in my garden or In a neighbours house.

They emailed back twice with the same generic ****e about it being under a flowerpot or with a neighbour. There is absolutely no where it coidk be at this stage.
    Could the ****ing eejit not have left a note saying where my parcel is?

What do I do next? I'm without my parcel a week now. God knows where the thing is, fastway certainly don't.

I'll never use these amateurs again!!

Get on to your supplier. They need to chase it up if they organised delivery. The more people that do it, the less chance they'll use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

whiterebel wrote: »
    Get on to your supplier. They need to chase it up if they organised delivery. The more people that do it, the less chance they'll use them again.

It's just some Chinese crap from an ecomerce site. I doubt they'll be interested in helping.

Why can't fastway just tell me where the driver.. apparently.. places my parcel? What kind of business allows these things to happen? I can't believe they woidk throw it somewhere in my garden and not even tell me where. It was surely stolen as it's absolutely nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I ordered a piece of furniture from Argos last week and based on a previous conversation with customer service had to ought that Argos themselves deliver the large items.

I phoned today looking for an update and am horrified to learn that Fastway are the courier for Argos.

So just how bad is this going to be ?

Fastway are tragic in good times. I can’t even imagine how bad they are in the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

What can I do if an expensive delivery is marked as "delivered in accordance with covid protocols"? It was marked as delivered on 16th December but I wasn't at home at the time.

I contacted seller, who decided now was a good time to share tracking link and showed me that it was delivered, so I'd have to contact them (meaning Fastway).

What can I do here?
    Unbelievably, the parcel arrived today, courier called and all. As though nothing was odd about a 4 week delivery time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Got my package today ordered on the dec 13th after numerous attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grootbaas

I am very unhappy with Fastway Couriers. My parcel was not delivered because they say, Once again, there weren't anybody home. Untrue! There is no way to contact them as well.
    I will never use then again. Use Fastway Couriers at your own peril!
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

Fastway are an atrocious, pure cowboy operation. I've had nothing but negative experiences with them, the latest being just before Christmas when an €800 item went missing, but marked as "delivered and signed for by Homelander" at a time when my premises was closed.

Eventually, after days of being fobbed off, turned out they left it on the doorstep of a random business in the same estate, nothing whatsoever to do with me, that was a 5 minute walk away.

Ended up getting a full refund from the seller. How Fastway remain in business is beyond me. They must lose a massive percentage of their parcels.

I would never use any retailer using Fastway as a courier, only got caught recently because Fastway took over once item arrived into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I have been a huge critic of FastWay in the past. I,like most here can't understand how their still in business. They make cowboys look professional.
    However,I ordered goods on Tuesday night last. I was horrified when I received the confirmation that FastWay were the courier company. The items were delivered today at 11.00. I have to take my hat off to them on this occasion.

Hopefully they've turned a corner,but I very much doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

I don't get deliveries from Fastway very often but I've haven't had any real issues in the last year. Sometimes parcels take 2 or 3 days to be delivered but An Post took even longer at times last year. It probably does depend a lot on the area and drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

At least with An Post someone is responsible. I've had parcels passed back and forth between two Fastway depots where there seems to be a dispute between them as to who is responsible. One package was eventually returned to sender as it was 'undeliverable' and the other is still in the twilight zone.
    There is no communication possible with Fastway and their package tracking just publishes a standard 'having difficulty' notice.
    Has anyone been able to make a complaint through ComReg? I've looked at it but it is a bureaucratic nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Banbh wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to make a complaint through ComReg? I've looked at it but it is a bureaucratic nightmare.

Comreg only regulate mail, not goods carriage.

It seems that parcels are 'post' and Fastway is not abiding by their licence conditions. I think a question in the Dáil or a journalist interested in a story might short-circuit the impossible conditions that Comreg requires for a complaint.
    I'm working on both but the higher you go in Irish society, the tighter it gets.

"In accordance with the Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) Fastway Couriers Ireland and its employees and franchisees abide by, and adhere to, the procedures outlined in this document as a Registered Postal Provider under section 38 of the Communications Regulation (Postal Services) Act (2011), relating to the obligations imposed on such providers by Section 43 of the 2011 Act."

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Timfy

I'm just throwing this in for balance...

Out here in West Connemara, we have an exceptional Fastway service. The driver (not a local man) has made it his business to learn everyone's name and always takes phone numbers to advise of any hold ups.
    The driver asks if you have a preferred spot if you're not at home (Shed, neighbour etc) and always lets you know where it's been dropped.

He has on occasion spotted my car outside a local pub or shop and dropped in with a delivery.

He leaves the depot some distance away at 7am and is often still out on the road in the late evening. He said that Covid has easily tripled his workload.

So, just a little yay for "Paul O'Connell" (not his real name!) and the service he offers out here in the Wesht!

I have no affiliation with Fastway or any of its staff.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

This is the way it should be Timfy and probably all drivers are equally courteous and helpful. I know the ones that have succeeded in delivering here (also in the West) have been obliging.
    The problem seems to be that Fastway is 'organised' along county or regional lines and a parcel dispatched in one of their regions is passed along. A bit like the Pony Express of the Wild West, only slower. So, if you live on the edge of a district or on the county border, your parcel may go astray. I have messages from Fastway where my parcel was passed back and forth between districts several times before ending up with an 'unable to deliver' message and a final 'returned to sender' message.
    The fault doesn't lie with the drivers, who are non-union and similar to pizza delivery cyclists but with the admin that cannot ensure that a parcel is sent to the correct local driver and any glitches sorted out straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TimTom

Got this today from LittleWoods

Dear xxxx,
    We want to make you aware that our delivery partner, Fastway Couriers, has recently been subject to a data breach in which customer delivery information was accessed.

During the incident, which affected several companies that use Fastway Couriers, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number were accessed. No other information, such as your date of birth or payment details, was accessed. Fastway Couriers has assured us that it has secured its systems to help prevent this issue from arising again.

The information accessed is not enough on its own to fraudulently access your Littlewoods Ireland account. However, our recommendation is for customers to always maintain strong and unique passwords across all of your online accounts, including your Littlewoods Ireland account, and remain vigilant for any unusual email activity.

Ensuring the safety of your data is of utmost priority to us. If you would like further information, please call 01 805 3446 (8am to 6pm, Mon-Fri and 8am to 4pm, Sat) and our dedicated team will support you in the steps you can take.

We have reported this incident to the Data Protection Commission (Ref: BN: 21-3-141).

The Littlewoods Ireland Team

affects 446,14 individuals.
    Bet if they had been fined $1000 per individual this would never have happened in the first place!

Fastway Couriers apologises after customer data from over 440,000 parcel deliveries hacked
    https://www.thejournal.ie/fastway-data-breach-customer-details-5378528-Mar2021/

negligence , pure and simple.

"It is understood that the breach occurred on February 24 while the company was carrying out maintenance on a database server.
    It is believed that while this was taking place some data became vulnerable and it was accessed by hackers."

Blame the evil hackers

• Advertisement

I suggest that affected individuals should register a complaint with the Data Commission https://forms.dataprotection.ie/contact

The email I received does not satisfy their obligations specifically A, C and D below

A notification of a personal data breach by a controller to the DPC (which can be done through the breach notification form on the DPC’s website) must at least:
    a) describe the nature of the personal data breach, including, where possible, the categories and approximate number of data subjects concerned and the categories and approximate number of personal data records concerned;

b) communicate the name and contactdetailsofthedataprotectionofficer(DPO)or other contact point where more information can be obtained;

c) describe the likely consequences of the personal data breach; and

d) describe the measures taken or proposed to be taken byt he controller to address the personal data breach, including, where appropriate, measures to mitigate its possible adverse effects.

The more complaints, the more likely action will be taken as opposed to inaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 El fenomeno 2020 R999999

So received same from littlewods today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got one re a recent Smyths order but my records show DPD delivered them. I'm at a loss at to when this data relates to and how long they keep data on their system?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

So the information that is normally contained in a phone book was accessed?
    Along with an email address.

And?

Didn't see the same uproar when TK Maxx had a data breach and all credit card information was accessed, same with Clarks shoes

Anyone who got this file has already dumped it as it has zero value

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got one re a recent Smyths order but my records show DPD delivered them. I'm at a loss at to when this data relates to and how long they keep data on their system?

I just got that Smyths related email also.
    In the journal article that's linked earlier in this thread, it says:

"The data compromised relates to Fastway deliveries, in-flight or undelivered parcels over a period of approximately 30 days from mid-January onwards

I just got that Smyths related email also.
    In the journal article that's linked earlier in this thread, it says:

"The data compromised relates to Fastway deliveries, in-flight or undelivered parcels over a period of approximately 30 days from mid-January onwards

That makes sense, seems Smyths used Fastway in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Just got an email from this shower to say they've been hacked and the hackers now have my name, address, email and phone number. Great work all round.

Was it actually a hacker, or someone trying any way at all to contact them about a delivery?

TimTom wrote: »
    I suggest that affected individuals should register a complaint with the Data Commission https://forms.dataprotection.ie/contact

The email I received does not satisfy their obligations specifically A, C and D below

A notification of a personal data breach by a controller to the DPC (which can be done through the breach notification form on the DPC’s website) must at least:
    a) describe the nature of the personal data breach, including, where possible, the categories and approximate number of data subjects concerned and the categories and approximate number of personal data records concerned;

b) communicate the name and contactdetailsofthedataprotectionofficer(DPO)or other contact point where more information can be obtained;

d) describe the measures taken or proposed to be taken byt he controller to address the personal data breach, including, where appropriate, measures to mitigate its possible adverse effects.

The more complaints, the more likely action will be taken as opposed to inaction.
    Very easy form, thanks. Submitted.
    My email from fastway lacks any reassurance that my data is now safe (although I'm sure it is) but whoever is writing their emails for this needs to be more careful for their compliance.
    Also sending things like this late at night is ill advised.

TimTom wrote: »

Unless you are the data protection commissioner, they don't have to. It's on the first line of your comment "A notification of a personal data breach by a controller to the DPC"

• Advertisement

They were hacked, they reported it and they told us. It happens and they responded.

Rushing to inundate the dpc with complaints will achieve what exactly?

Advertisement