Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-02-2021, 02:33   #181
fritzelly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_ecke_r View Post
You don't need to give 30 days notice to cancel fixed services.
Contract says No
fritzelly is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-02-2021, 03:25   #182
1874
Registered User
 
1874's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,636
What you'd wonder is, how is Eir still in business, people must be able to leave and not pay, even if Eir fails to honour or permit it easily, you can cancel your DD, inform them by email, log all your efforts, log complaint with Comreg who by the sounds of it will do nothing, keep that sent email ina folder, one less customer and so on, when they reach a certain level, surely they have to fold, close up shop? Doesn't Sky do broadband by satellite?? must be some options.
1874 is offline  
Thanks from:
04-02-2021, 03:37   #183
fritzelly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,120
Eir own the whole network so will never fold up - don't matter who your provider is Eir are profiting
fritzelly is online now  
Thanks from:
04-02-2021, 04:34   #184
1874
Registered User
 
1874's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzelly View Post
Eir own the whole network so will never fold up - don't matter who your provider is Eir are profiting

Yes, but people dont have to get an account with them directly, that seems to be where the problem is, I realise there must be many locations where there arent other service providers but there must be many where there is some option. Based on all Ive read, and I had some dealings with them, but not as an account holder, Id stay away from them whatever.
1874 is offline  
Thanks from:
04-02-2021, 05:03   #185
fritzelly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1874 View Post
Yes, but people dont have to get an account with them directly, that seems to be where the problem is, I realise there must be many locations where there arent other service providers but there must be many where there is some option. Based on all Ive read, and I had some dealings with them, but not as an account holder, Id stay away from them whatever.
Unless you are in a densely populated area you are stuck with Eir

VM and Siro are not interested in spending a fortune on providing connections to people outside main areas (which does make up a sizable chunk of the population) whereas Eir are obligated to
You have a LL or BB issue? Yes you may be with Sky or whoever but it all goes back to Eir and other providers are not all that great either when it comes to CS

I have to say I moved from Eir many moons ago to VM and cannot complain about them at all. The phone that was still on eir (now TM) was still the same issues

Companies really don't want you to call them even when you have a problem - you are a cost that far outweighs the profit they make from you
fritzelly is online now  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-02-2021, 09:08   #186
Paranoid Bob
Registered User
 
Paranoid Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzelly View Post
Unless you are in a densely populated area you are stuck with Eir

VM and Siro are not interested in spending a fortune on providing connections to people outside main areas (which does make up a sizable chunk of the population) whereas Eir are obligated to
You have a LL or BB issue? Yes you may be with Sky or whoever but it all goes back to Eir and other providers are not all that great either when it comes to CS

I have to say I moved from Eir many moons ago to VM and cannot complain about them at all. The phone that was still on eir (now TM) was still the same issues

Companies really don't want you to call them even when you have a problem - you are a cost that far outweighs the profit they make from you
Even in a densely populated area you can be stuck with Eir. I moved home late last year to a house in the Dublin suburbs that had no active phone or Internet connection. Eir was the only company willing to process a new connection request during lockdown so I'm stuck with them for a year.

The day that contract is up I'm moving to another provider. Sooner if I can.
Paranoid Bob is online now  
Thanks from:
05-02-2021, 01:48   #187
B_ecke_r
Registered User
 
B_ecke_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzelly View Post
Contract says No
Actually, what I meant to say was, you don't have to give 30 days notice to MOVE your fixed services.

To cancel, yes, they will hold you to that.
B_ecke_r is offline  
Thanks from:
12-02-2021, 11:45   #188
Sheep Shagger
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,461
So they admit last year was bad.....when was the last year that eir/eircom customer care was actually any good?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ind...-40079108.html
Sheep Shagger is online now  
12-02-2021, 13:23   #189
Chiorino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 592
I've recently moved to a new service provider and they have looked after all the porting/transfer of service from Eir. Wondering when Eir do come looking for their last bill and am I better off cancelling the DD now rather than waiting for the inevitable and paying them the final bill manually. All bills were issued through myeir, my profile on which now appears to be inaccessible but you'd think they'd wait until the final bill was issued before removing access to this.
Chiorino is offline  
Advertisement
16-02-2021, 07:58   #190
celt262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiorino View Post
I've recently moved to a new service provider and they have looked after all the porting/transfer of service from Eir. Wondering when Eir do come looking for their last bill and am I better off cancelling the DD now rather than waiting for the inevitable and paying them the final bill manually. All bills were issued through myeir, my profile on which now appears to be inaccessible but you'd think they'd wait until the final bill was issued before removing access to this.
I moved last year and never had a problem with D/D it was a smooth transition. I was worried at the time though.
celt262 is online now  
Thanks from:
16-02-2021, 14:28   #191
MOH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiorino View Post
I've recently moved to a new service provider and they have looked after all the porting/transfer of service from Eir. Wondering when Eir do come looking for their last bill and am I better off cancelling the DD now rather than waiting for the inevitable and paying them the final bill manually. All bills were issued through myeir, my profile on which now appears to be inaccessible but you'd think they'd wait until the final bill was issued before removing access to this.
I'd cancel the DD and pay them manually. Especially if they've already removed your access to online billing.
MOH is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet