Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Please welcome our new mod

Options
  • 11-02-2021 11:33am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After a bit of a search, I'm delighted to announce that Looksee has joined the moderation team here. Please give her a warm welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Hello Looksee, nice to see you here. I keep bumping into you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Welcome here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thank you folks! Nice to be here, though Smacl seems to have a great handle on the job and yiz are all so co-operative and amenable I don't think I will be run off my feet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Don't speak too soon, Looksee!!

Welcome.

I do find it odd that both moderators of the Christianity forum are from the atheist/agnostic well and would not agree with/strongly disagree with the truth/validity of the forum subject and perhaps even regard it as a negative imposition on mankind.

That said, both of you are nice, it's just odd !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hi ex loco refugii, thanks for your greeting :)

Yes it is a bit odd in some ways that a couple of atheists are modding the forum. My background is in Christianity, I just grew away from belief as I got older. I still have a strong grounding in bible studies and awareness of Christian/religious matters, on both sides of the aisle. I don't want to get into the debate on this thread, I have expressed my view elsewhere in the forum numerous times, but I think belief is not something you can control, you either have it or you don't.

That said, we are both (especially smacl, he does an impressive job) quite capable of seeing what is appropriate and fair without necessarily accepting the basic premise. I hope no-one will have occasion to suggest that I have made a miscall based on belief, or lack of it, if I do I am open to discussing it by PM.

I look forward to being part of the community here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Welcome :)

Advertisement