03-02-2021, 11:59   #91
Enrico Palazzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fairservice View Post
A real Canada Goose jacket is complete overkill given our climate.
Not if you hang around street corners whole day long. It's a very practical choice and a good investment for some teens.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-02-2021, 15:39   #92
sector_000

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerickabroad View Post
Just to echo what others are saying here about the sizing - thanks OP for the original post, btw.

I ordered the Men's Aral 2 Parka, size 'S', which the website said was 94% correct for me (and I am 'S' in almost all clothes). It arrived today, and it's enormous - I am absolutely swimming in it, so back it goes. Based on my experience, I'd say you should nearly order 2 sizes down . . .
I'll be the contrarian.... I used the mobile web advisor to determine the optimum size (but it has several subjective questions). Although a lot depended on the subjective answers, overall it put me in the L to maybe XL category. I then tried the web browser advisor... and followed the more detailed objective measurements, and that put me squarely in the L (in fact with some margin to boot).

So I went for the L.

Snug. If I was in a store, I;d have immediately tried the XL to compare.

The jacket has a fleece liner... and definitely, I can't wear another fleece or sweater underneath it.

I have worn it out walking with just a T-shirt and this fleece+jacket combo. You could interpret it as "tailor-fitted" to perfection. But honestly, I'd feel happier with it a little bigger. I just don't want to send it back to get XL and find that's swimming.

Maybe I should have ordered both, with the intent of always returning one. Just didn't want to burn any more carbon than I had to.

I hope my long-winded comment is of some help!!
03-02-2021, 22:51   #93
rodneytrotter15

Balls, ordered two coats in XXL. Have one I bought in the States years ago and it's in tatters. It's a snug fit and is XL, hopefully the two I ordered aren't massive. Cheers to the OP....
Thanks from:
04-02-2021, 09:56   #94
Oafley Jones

In terms of sizing, pay attention to the cut of the coat (listed in features). I wear medium and there's huge difference even within the same range e.g. Apex Flex GT and Apex Flex GT with Insulation. The later is a standard fit with tons of room, whereas the former is (a very) slim fit.
04-02-2021, 10:21   #95
odyssey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oafley Jones View Post
In terms of sizing, pay attention to the cut of the coat (listed in features). I wear medium and there's huge difference even within the same range e.g. Apex Flex GT and Apex Flex GT with Insulation. The later is a standard fit with tons of room, whereas the former is (a very) slim fit.
Their returns bill is going to be massive!
Advertisement
04-02-2021, 11:39   #96
gourcuff

ugh canada goose look horrific imo, looks like the drug dealers clothing of choice, all these teens going around in the big black puffy jackets look so scrotey to me... think canada goose is a bit tarnished as a brand similar to how lacoste was..
Thanks from:
04-02-2021, 12:47   #97
paddyg91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gourcuff View Post
ugh canada goose look horrific imo, looks like the drug dealers clothing of choice, all these teens going around in the big black puffy jackets look so scrotey to me... think canada goose is a bit tarnished as a brand similar to how lacoste was..
Funny seeing young lads in jackets like that and thinking they're knackers then hearing them speak like they're from Foxrock.
Thanks from:
04-02-2021, 19:26   #98
Same As

JD Sports have some good prices on the North Face McMurdo jackets. I picked up a green one for €202.50 (had a 10% off), €225 is reduced price. Exact same one is €330 on TNF website. Few sizes of black (€240) and grey (€225) available.
08-02-2021, 12:40   #99
iHungry

I got an extra 10% off when I signed up to their vipeak on the front page of the .co.uk website. Code worked fine on the .ie website
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-02-2021, 13:49   #100
JoeCole26

Anyone return any items to North Face? I submitted a return 3 times and haven’t got any confirmation for pick up date/time. Have emailed them also and no reply. Very frustrating.
09-02-2021, 14:07   #101
odyssey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCole26 View Post
Anyone return any items to North Face? I submitted a return 3 times and haven’t got any confirmation for pick up date/time. Have emailed them also and no reply. Very frustrating.
You may need to schedule the return directly with UPS, using the tracking number from your returns slip.

https://wwwapps.ups.com/pickup/schedule?loc=en_IE
Thanks from:
09-02-2021, 14:20   #102
$hifty

I didnt have to organise anything. Went onto NF site, clicked returns, got a label and was told they'd pick it up that Friday. It was easily the best returns method I've ever encountered.
09-02-2021, 15:26   #103
matzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hifty View Post
I didnt have to organise anything. Went onto NF site, clicked returns, got a label and was told they'd pick it up that Friday. It was easily the best returns method I've ever encountered.

Yeah, same here - really nice return experience.
09-02-2021, 16:46   #104
JoeCole26

Quote:
Originally Posted by matzen View Post
Yeah, same here - really nice return experience.
Very strange, i went through the same process and no word back or confirmation or pick-up. I have logged return via UPS now so should be all good. Thanks for your help Odyssey06
Thanks from:
09-02-2021, 21:20   #105
pm1977x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCole26 View Post

I too had a crap experience, filled everything out on their site but never got confirmation and they didn't pick up as scheduled, emailed UPS they said they'd rearrange, rearranged pickup didn't happen, third time lucky by calling and speaking to a UPS person.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion