Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Data Protection Commission - Can't Even Make a Website?

• 27-01-2021 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I was a bit unsure where to put this one, but I guess I'll present it as a consumer concern about the capacity of the Irish DPC, therefore consumer issues..

Go the the DPC website. Look for Case Studies, now 2017, cases 16 and 17. Spot the mistake. :eek::D

I tried to contact them on their website, privately, but they stop you, saying if you don't have a legitimate data breach concern, don't contact. Ok then! :pac::pac::pac:

It does trouble me that they are responsible for EU-wide data issues in so many cases. But anyone who has done their background on this lot knows about the lame-duck appointments agreed as far back as Enda Kenny.

https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/pre-gdpr/case-studies
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Contact the website developer maybe? https://www.fusio.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

yeah a mistake in a backend system is really worthy of its own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

You have a lot to worry about, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

LaAlgerie wrote: »
    I was a bit unsure where to put this one, but I guess I'll present it as a consumer concern about the capacity of the Irish DPC, therefore consumer issues..

Go the the DPC website. Look for Case Studies, now 2017, cases 16 and 17. Spot the mistake. :eek::D

I tried to contact them on their website, privately, but they stop you, saying if you don't have a legitimate data breach concern, don't contact. Ok then! :pac::pac::pac:

It does trouble me that they are responsible for EU-wide data issues in so many cases. But anyone who has done their background on this lot knows about the lame-duck appointments agreed as far back as Enda Kenny.

https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/pre-gdpr/case-studies

What exactly is your point? What does "now 2017" mean?
    If you're referring to the Argos and Expert Retail cases, I'm not seeing the "obvious" issue.

I'm not seeing a consumer issue either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I really don't see a consumer issue here.

• Advertisement

MOH wrote: »
    What exactly is your point? What does "now 2017" mean?
    If you're referring to the Argos and Expert Retail cases, I'm not seeing the "obvious" issue.

I'm not seeing a consumer issue either.

the "issue" is that they have the same text for both cases. somebody screwed up when they uploaded the text. i'm not seeing the consumer issue either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm seeing different text for both? Argos and Expert?

L1011 wrote: »
    I'm seeing different text for both? Argos and Expert?

They must be reading the thread. It was showing the same text for both cases this morning.

Or noticed an unusual spike in web traffic to a specific page from a specific referrer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Legit_ie

L1011 wrote: »
    I really don't see a consumer issue here.

Yeah, would tend to agree alright. There's more genuine consumer issues out there that people are trying to highlight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement