Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Software Synth

• 28-07-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Still a noob in the Synth world. I am doing a few Udemy courses to get more understanding of it all.
    I have Windows laptop. Some courses are based on Sylenth.
    So wondering, was wondering what would people think of that?

I would need a DAW to play this, as it is a VST, so wondering what is the best or cheapest or best free DAW I can get in Windows to play most of the popular VSTs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Reaper or Flstudio have reasonable budget versions. PreSonus has a free 30 day trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

mordeith wrote: »
    Reaper or Flstudio have reasonable budget versions. PreSonus has a free 30 day trial.

I went for FL Studio. It has a trial version.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I went for FL Studio. It has a trial version.

Thanks

Yeah, fully functional apart from the ability to save projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Also try Ableton, they have a free demo and also an intro version for €79.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kronox20022002

Sylenth 1 is a goodway to start.
    Check Reaktor if you need more advanced stuffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 auplant

Sylenth 1 is good as an educational synth yes, it also will give you a good sound when you know how to tweek it correctly.

You could check out trancedrive as well, which is a really good free synth in my opinion.

http://www.vsti.pl/download/instrumenty-vst/175-yedey-trancedrive-vst.html

edit.. Just realized the post was bumped. Still good to check out trancedrive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Reaper is a good starting point for SAW without having to spend money. If you like it it's only 50 for the license, if you don't like it you still have all the features once you click past the nag screen so you can test out any VST you want... It's maybe not as intuitive as Abelton to pick up how to use but with YouTube videos you'll pick it up handy enough ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Dune 2 kicks ass also... works really well with sylenth in the mix.

Advertisement