Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you gamble?

• 09-07-2020 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Gambling is certainly a big pastime now, do you indulge? If so, what's your market?

I don't do horses or sports. I have a regular direct debit into prize bonds (which satisfies my lotto/becoming a millionaire itch!) and allow myself some play money to mess around on stocks and shares. Nothing too big.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

Every time i walk out the door, i take the gamble that some motherf**ker won't infect me! Other than that not much, played blackjack a few times but only because there is an element of card counting to it to improve your chances!

Yes, Golf and Soccer every week and horses also for the bigger events/festivals especially. Also have a few bets on every euromillions draw along with doing the official euro millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

is there any thoughts that you don't transfer into a thread?

Can I put forward the following :

"have you had breakfast yet"
    " I take sugar in my tea,do you"
    " how many showers per week is the norm"
    " do you brush your teeth twice daily, or just before bed"
    "Does this sound like a rhetorical question to you?"
    "Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They’re both dogs!"
    "Why do they call it taking a dump? Shouldn’t it be leaving a dump?
    "Why do people say PIN number?- that would mean Personal Identification Number Number"
    "When a boy is named after his dad, he is called ''Junior,' but what do you call a girl that is named after her mother?"
    "Why is "number" abbreviated as "no" When there is no "o" in number?

Theres at least a weeks worth of thread there. You are welcome.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

Just the euromillions, not very successfully

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

greenspurs wrote: »
    "Why is "number" abbreviated as "no" When there is no "o" in number?
    Abbreviation of the word numero in latin.

Someone else can take the rest.

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »

Sorry,
    Cant take answers here- need separate threads for each one.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Not real gaming just fun facebook raffles, I limit myself to €200 a week so still some cash left over after the COVID payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭king_of_mayo

greenspurs wrote: »
    is there any thoughts that you don't transfer into a thread?

I was gonna start one asking how come people were ok with me holding a gun to their head and forcing them to post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Only with my life. Nothing else is high stakes enough to give me a thrill.

I like to play frogger for real.

Yes, Golf and Soccer every week and horses also for the bigger events/festivals especially. Also have a few bets on every euromillions draw along with doing the official euro millions.

I grew up in a house/family which loves horse racing. I'm sorry but imo it's as corrupt as they come. Bar the few top races, which seem genuinely competitive, it's all a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Tommybojangles

El Weirdo wrote: »

About 10- 20 quid most weekends on whatever Gaa/rugby I'm attending. Other than that get the odd tip for a horse. And if after a win I'm not left with a multiple of 10 in my account I play blackjack with the spare change

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yes. Horse racing mostly, with the odd bet on the golf and darts. I wouldn’t gamble daily though. I’d identify a few bets I want to have and lump in on them. Nearly always single bets, maybe the odd double. No mad Lucky 15’s, accumulators etc.

I’ve started playing online poker as well during the lockdown after a long hiatus. I’d forgotten how boring it is most of the time. That said, I’m good at it at low/medium stakes. Passes a couple of hours while supping on a few cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Lotto in bookies.
    Horse racing occasionally and when I get bogey tips.
    Football which I haven't bet on since covid came back. Can even watch the fooball its like watching training.
    Gaa occasionally too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I gambled my heart and I lost it to you
    Now I'll spend my life wondering why I love you?

Got to love Buddy Holly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I play poker once a week, costs at max 30 euro, that's about the extent of it these days, used to gamble on soccer golf and boxing, but lost interest in that. The poker sorts out any needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Allinall

I grew up in a house/family which loves horse racing. I'm sorry but imo it's as corrupt as they come. Bar the few top races, which seem genuinely competitive, it's all a scam.

Betting on corrupt sports is the easiest way to make money. ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Worked in a bookies for a brief spell.

Lads would come in with "a tip" for a horse which would nearly always lose. Not sure who they would get this "tip" from though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Just the lotto when there's a big jackpot. Gambling is just something I've never gotten in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One line quick pick for the euromillions every Friday , that's the extent of it .

I’ve started playing online poker as well during the lockdown after a long hiatus. I’d forgotten how boring it is most of the time. That said, I’m good at it at low/medium stakes. Passes a couple of hours while supping on a few cans.

A mate convinced me to sign up for online poker a few months ago..

What a pile of sh1te..

I'd be reasonable at poker, but generally half way through the tournament I'd be like "I don't care anymore.. take your stupid e7.50.."

• Advertisement

CQD wrote: »
    A mate convinced me to sign up for online poker a few months ago..

What a pile of sh1te..

I'd be reasonable at poker, but generally half way through the tournament I'd be like "I don't care anymore.. take your stupid e7.50.."

Aren't you supposed to play multiple games at once, to increase your odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There was a time I'd press "I'm feeling lucky" on Google search.
    That's about it.

Aren't you supposed to play multiple games at once, to increase your odds?

Still boring as f*ck..

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

i gamble to soften the blow of bad news. So ill bet 200 euros on donald trump to be president. if he wins the election then ill have won money even if he is a tosser. if he loses, well then im down 200 euros but at least i know the world may be saved.

i hate man utd so i might bet on them to win next years premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,171 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I can't, I'm too old - I have to handle every fart as if it could turn into a high-pressure scoury shite in a nanosecond. No atheists in foxholes and all that, m'laddo.

I was gonna start one asking how come people were ok with me holding a gun to their head and forcing them to post?

:rolleyes:

But we have to read your 'threads' when scrolling through !

Will you be using any of the thread topics I suggested ?
    I guess you have plenty of your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Everyone thinks they're better at poker than they are and if they tracked their lifetime hands and winnings / losses they'd see the that. The people consistently winning online are the ones who sink years worth of study and dedication into the game, I'd say it's 10% winning at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Football, horses, occasionally golf and NFL. Although have barely bet since Covid became a thing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

No. I don't even do the lotto.

• Advertisement
Advertisement