Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Celbridge Development

Options
  • 01-05-2020 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Crodaun Development Company have applied for planning permission on the West Side of Crodaun. Development will consist of 467 dwellings. This can be viewed at http://crodaunshd.ie, Objections can be made to An Bord Pleanala from 22nd April.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭mountai

Nimbyism ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mickel

mountai wrote: »
    Nimbyism ????
    I would encourage as many people as possible to object to it. the website from which this can be viewed is crodaunshd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Mickel wrote: »
    I would encourage as many people as possible to object to it. the website from which this can be viewed is crodaunshd.ie

What are your objections to it?

There is no traffic plan, its already bad enough, this will only add to it and also has proven to be good land to be used for Agriculture.

http://crodaunshd.ie This is the link to the plans for the development

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Wasn't the bypass supposed to go through the west part of that development? Or has that been cancelled?

Rulmeq wrote: »
    Wasn't the bypass supposed to go through the west part of that development? Or has that been cancelled?

Cancelled... Old Town Mill residents blocked it :)

mloc123 wrote: »
    Cancelled... Old Town Mill residents blocked it :)
    FFS!

FFS!

Yup... and then complain that it takes 30 mins to get out of the estate every morning (well, no these days) due to the bottlenecked traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

We now have http://oakleymanor.ie/ https://crodaunshd.ie/ & https://celbridgeplanning.ie/ all following on from https://Castlewellanpark.ie/ and not a sniff of local infrastructure of facilities to match a major increase in the population of Celbridge.
    This does not fall into the realm of sustainable development.

What do the local councillors and not so local politicians have to say about it? is it out of their hands?

See areas, outlined in yellow, zoned for development. Scary about the lack of local development when the population of Celbridge could surge to 30,000 within the next few years. Who allows this to happen? Is it out of our control?

511866.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Planning for housing of that scale is detached from the councils now - they can appeal a decision but that's basically it. Councillors have the same influence as members of the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Fix the housing crisis you government clowns.

But not anywhere near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Interestingly within the planning documents of this development a lot is made of the links to Dublin

Anyone who uses the 67 ( 67X ) which is the only link that is within walking distance of this development will testify to the already existing capacity issues ( current covid situation not withstanding ) .

It also mentions 6 primary schools, when really only one is within walking distance ( Aghards ) which is utterly full to capacity.
    Two primary schools it mentions are over the river , good luck if you are trying to drive a kid to there for 9am. Of course you could walk with your kid , to walk from this site to the village ( with a kid )is 20-25 mins and longer on the way home ( its uphill )

The secondary schools , CCS which is the only mixed school ,is so full now ( on it's temp site ) that they are teaching in the communal spaces . It has an extension planned which , guess what ,has been held up by traffic management . This is the same road the development would be feeding onto.

Then you get into the traffic management within the village ( yes it's still really a village ) . The need for a second bridge is well documented but seems to be sidelined because its too difficult to solve.

Are you all opposed to the proposed development at Crodaun? Make those submissions to An Bord Pleanala.

There was a proposal for a link road beside the Crodaun Development, but Residents in Oldtown Mill objected to it. There are no proper facilities or infrastructure in the town, this needs to be sorted out first before more houses are put in.

Are you all opposed to the proposed development at Crodaun?

Not especially. I do not really think the traffic problems in Celbridge are any worse than every other town in the country. Traffic is **** at rush hour... the hint is in the name I guess. Even with another bridge, a by-pass etc.. you are just moving the congestion to the next choke point - n4,n7,m50

Can't have it both ways... people cannot complain about lack of supply and also complain that new houses are being built. I own a house in Celbridge, I don't begrudge somebody else having that chance. If you think the place is too built up... move further from Dublin.

Are you all opposed to the proposed development at Crodaun? Make those submissions to An Bord Pleanala.

I was hoping to buy in either this estate or the one across the road, if they had suitable houses in them.

I would say though that before another house is built in Celbridge we need:

2nd bridge across the liffey

One way driving system through the village

Dedicated bike lanes to allow easy acces to the train/dart station that will be 6+km away from these developments.

After that, it would be nice if there were some plans to add facilities to the place, it's little more than a dromiatory town as it stands. A swimming pool would be nice (but will probably never happen), and while we have all the large multi-national shops (apart from Dunnes), it would be nice if there was a bit more to the town itself than coffee shops and barbers.

Dedicated bike lanes to allow easy acces to the train/dart station that will be 6+km away from these developments.

In fairness there are fully separated bike lanes from the development to Louisa Bridge... apart from the final section between easton and the station.

In fairness there are fully separated bike lanes from the development to Louisa Bridge... apart from the final section between easton and the station.

I was thinking of Hazelhatch mainly. The roads are quite narrow and extremly busy on that route.

The Development at Crodaun has caused anger and discontent especially among people living around there. You have 5 weeks from 22nd April to make a Submission to An Bord Pleanala.

House prices are gone through the roof. Of course we need to build houses to solve the housing crisis, but does anyone reckon that there will be another property crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I was thinking of Hazelhatch mainly. The roads are quite narrow and extremly busy on that route.

The double width path with bike lane from Simmonstown to Hazelhatch train station needs to be extended alright to at least the bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

If you think the place is too built up... move further from Dublin.

That's why a lot of people moved to Celbridge in the first place. Can't just keep moving to suit a lack of sustainable planning.

The double width path with bike lane from Simmonstown to Hazelhatch train station needs to be extended alright to at least the bridge.

They need sheltered/lockable bike stores at the station as well. They have a few over in Louisa bridge (and there's even one outside the tesco in maynooth for some reason).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Fix the housing crisis you government clowns.

But not anywhere near me.

Private developments of houses too few can afford, with blocks sold off to vulture funds for fast money, are a symptom of the sickess in housing policy in Ireland, not a cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

No there isnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

One way driving system through the village

I can't understand why this done already.
    For minimum expenditure right hand turns can be removed;
    coming into the village from the Dublin Rd turn left only, build a big roundabout at the junction with Shackleton Rd and another at the end of Shackleton Rd close to Tescos. The village becoming one-way, exiting left over the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

coming into the village from the Dublin Rd turn left only, build a big roundabout at the junction with Shackleton Rd and another at the end of Shackleton Rd close to Tescos. The village becoming one-way, exiting left over the bridge.

That wouldn't work, that would essentially bypass the town from the Dublin Rd.

The only way a one way system would work requires a bridge at the slip with traffic heading one way on main st in the Castletown gates direction with the new bridge creating a loop.

You would need a second bridge for it to be any use. Also did you see how much of a sh1tshow it was when they tried to just prevent right turns off the east side of the bridge? That waste of oxygen O'Rourke even sent us a newsletter declaring victory when he got the plans shelved. I've never been so happy to see someone lose their seat.

The deadline for submissions is now the 29th June

The Local Authority have said that the development at Crodaun goes against what they want.

• Advertisement

The final Date for Submissions on development on the West side of Crodaun is 29th June. You can view the development plans at http://crodaunshd.ie

Advertisement