Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Searching for Ethel Patricia Josephine Purcell from Mullingar

• 11-05-2020 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello together,

we (me, my sister and my brother) are searching for Ethel Patricia Josephine Purcell. She was engaged with our father Hans Joachim Broitzmann (called Hajo) in the sixties.

When she was young, she lived in Mullingar Co/Westmeath Seven Ginell. My father told me, that she has three brothers and one sister, but he didn´t know their names.

Ethel was the big love of my father. He thought, that she left him, cause she didn´t answer to his letters. He didn´t know, that my grandma do many bad things to break this relationships. For Example: she took Ethel letters and hide this letters, so my father never see them. After the death of my granny, we found this letters.

It is a need for us to find her. Is it possible, that someone knows her or her family? Is Ethel alive or did she died?
    Please help us to find her!

Thank you!

Kind regards
    Tena, my sister Jennifer and my brother Lars

P.S.: sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Just a suggestion, it would be a good idea to get in contact with a local newspaper in Mullingar and put in an ad or a brief story just like u have posted. I would try look up a some pages on Facebook in relation to Mullingar also.

Hope ye find her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

You could post something in the Westmeath forum too?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=940

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

I used to be a postman in Mullingar.
    But other than the fact that I know there are Purcell's in Mullingar (I worked with one) and I know Ginell Terrace I don't have anything to add!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

Hi OP

Personal Issues isn't really the place for your query, but I don't want to refer you to another forum just yet, I just want to check something with admin here.

I'm going to close the thread for the moment, so that no further information is posted and I'll come back to you as soon as I can and we'll see what we can do for you.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Thread moved to Westmeath Forum as per PM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi all, welcome to the Westmeath forum, best of luck with your search OP. Just a reminder to be careful of posting private info, use the pm facility if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 purcell42

My grand parents livied at 7 ginell ter mullingar,my father had 1 brother and 5 sisters and yes one is Ethel not sure of her middle names she is alive and well I will contact her later and ask her about this story

Kind regards Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

If you check RIP.ie you will find an Ethel Purcell from mullingar died in 2018. Could be the same woman

Of course it also may not. But there is a photo there

Advertisement